Computers & Electronics

I7 8700k/Coffee Lake order waiting thread.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 3:03 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
233 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto

I7 8700k/Coffee Lake order waiting thread.

Who else is waiting for one? Ordered one Monday from Mike's Computers. Order shipped (along with MOBO, RAM, etc). Going to guess that the 8700k isn't in the shipped order.

So, here's a thread for everyone patiently (or otherwise) for a Coffee Lake processor. Maybe if you actually get one, you could post when you ordered, when it was fulfilled, etc.

Currently seeing on Reddit that some of the bigger stores are anticipating end of November. Other people reporting that it's just a guess, and they have absolutely no idea when they'll come in. Also hearing that Memory Express managed to get a few small batches, but are not listing them on the site.

Update: Oct. 5th orders from American Newegg just got
shipping notification and are going out with 48 hours.
54 replies
Jan 12, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
I placed an order from Mike's as well, but for an i3 8100. I've been tempted to cancel my order due to the uncertainty, especially because I see it (apparently) in stock at my local Canada Computers, where I could walk into and pick up for $7 more than Mike's. But my wife said she's not in a rush for her new PC, so I may just wait it out. I'm waiting for more Z370 uATX boards to come in stock anyway, at least around the $150 mark.
Mar 5, 2008
299 posts
54 upvotes
Wait.. Memory express has some stock? Wish I heard about this earlier, I will have to give them a call tomorrow.

Otherwise, same boat. Ordered from Mike's due to best pricing, but still waiting.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
233 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
unfunk wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 11:55 pm
Wait.. Memory express has some stock? Wish I heard about this earlier, I will have to give them a call tomorrow.

Otherwise, same boat. Ordered from Mike's due to best pricing, but still waiting.
Well, that's what I read, that they have had a few and shipped them out in a trickle, to clear backorders. Take it with a grain of salt, because I really don't know how true it is.

The big thing right now seems to be that Newegg is partitioning new stock -- some to clear the backorders, and some for CPU/MOBO bundles regardless of backorder #.

Makes me wish I had gone for a bundle!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1543 posts
672 upvotes
Hamilton
May the odds be forever in your favor.
Oct 17, 2017
1 posts
I have purchased mine on Oct 5th from NCIX (ya, i know).. I'm told that they are getting some in tomorrow (Oct 19th).. But I've been told the 13th and "early" next week a few times.

I'll message if it actually ships out. Motherboard however I think I'll have to cancel - they have none for Z370 Gigabyte variants. So cancelling M/B and ordering from NewEgg :)
Jan 12, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
My i3 8100 was shipped from Mike's yesterday, shortly after I posted here. I purchased it sometime last week. Mike's sent out $10 off coupon codes for people who pre-ordered and were still waiting. They said they would continue to send out $10 coupons every 2 weeks until your order was shipped.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
233 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
headygouda wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 5:01 pm
My i3 8100 was shipped from Mike's yesterday, shortly after I posted here. I purchased it sometime last week. Mike's sent out $10 off coupon codes for people who pre-ordered and were still waiting. They said they would continue to send out $10 coupons every 2 weeks until your order was shipped.
Hey, that's not bad. Not much of a wait at all. I imagine the i7 wait is going to be significantly longer. I haven't been promised $10 yet, but I ordered quite recently (was vacillating between the 8700k and a 7820x -- chose the faster clock speed over instant gratification -- and the uncontrollable heat of the i7x)
Jan 12, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
I'm not sure if the $10 coupon was sent out automatically. I received it shortly after enquiring about the status of my order. Then a day later, my order was shipped. But the email sounded generic, stating when people would be receiving their $10 coupons.
Nov 5, 2010
20 posts
canada
Just placed an order for the 8700K from Mike's and i did ask their customer support about an ETA but they still have no clue when it will be available.
Hopefully it will be worth the wait...
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
515 upvotes
What's Mike's Computers? Is that like the new CC/Ncix?

I think I'm going to get this combo to replace my i7-980x.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4474 posts
196 upvotes
Canada Computers received stock today. Mississauga/Milton have a few. I picked up one today from Etobicoke..
Last edited by TypeVR6 on Oct 19th, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
233 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
TypeVR6 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:21 pm
Canada’s computers received stock today. Mississauga/Milton have a few. I picked up one today from Etobicoke..
Crazy! I'm confused by the fact that they are stocking the stores, while backorders languish. But I guess in a month or so we'll ask have one.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
233 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Even crazier, they are still listed as in stock on the website.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4474 posts
196 upvotes
thearcade wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:28 pm
Even crazier, they are still listed as in stock on the website.
Yeh, they received stock today :)
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_