• Aug 15th, 2005 5:43 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote

Ibiza - good inexpensive accomodations

Hey all,

My wife and I are planning on stopping in Ibiza for a few days during our trip through Spain and Italy. We hope yo catch one of the famous closing parties in September.

So what's a good hotel to stay at? We'd prefer a beach-side one, but one with a couple pools near some good nightlife would be good too.

Oh and we want to bust loose a bit for these few days, so a crazy party resort is cool. :cheesygri
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
Ibiza is the party clubbing capital of the world during the summer months. It is literally almost non-stop. They don't just have after-club clubs, they have after-after-club clubs!

The place where all the best clubs are is Ibiza Town, then comes San Antonio (see map).

Here's a list of some hotels in Ibiza Town. Be warned, if you stay here you will not be getting much sleep. Clubs go on til 6am, but as most of the people there are on uppers, it will be LOUD! Maybe better to stay outside the town and rent a scooter to get into town.

Some of the best clubs in Ibiza are Space, Pacha, Amnesia. Those are the club names and they have different "nights", such as Pacha will have a Sublimnal Sessions night one night and a Defected night another night. You WILL see the best DJ's the world has to offer in Ibiza.

For some more info, check out Mixmag.

[IMG]http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotels/map/hotel_i.gif[/IMG]
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
Excellent, thanks for the info.

The scooter idea is brilliant. How hard/expensive is it to get to the clubs from farther-out hotels?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
It's a pretty small island so it's not easy to get lost. Just buy an Ibiza map when you get there, mark on where the big clubs are, and away you go!

You can't miss the actual club once you get close.

You can rent a little scooter for about 90 euros for 3 days. Good deal for getting around cheaply.

Check out Med-Peds.

Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
Thanks again.

So you stayed there? Can you remember where? any good suggestions?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
Yeah, I've been there lots when I lived in the UK.

I just stayed in San Antonio, Ibiza Town in regular "package" vacation hotels. Nothing special about any of them that I can remember.

You're basically just there for the clubbing and girls ;) and you hardly spend anytime in your room.

You'll be seeing some pretty whacked out things while you're there!

Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
Cool, well we're gonna be there to experience the sights. :cool: So maybe we will end up staying on San Antonio or something... know of any hotels right on the beach?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1569 posts
577 upvotes
Woodbridge
misterchill wrote:Excellent, thanks for the info.

The scooter idea is brilliant. How hard/expensive is it to get to the clubs from farther-out hotels?
You're best of staying at a place close to town. I imagine you want to drive the scooter while sober... and I dont think you'll be sober enough to drive home!
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
Well, we booked a place. Club Paraiso Mediterraneo in San Antonio.

Apparently it's a hit... #4 rated on Tripadvisor.com... it has 3 pools, one quiet one and 2 party ones, but a strict quiet time policy, and it's close to everything. Should be fun!
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
misterchill wrote:Well, we booked a place. Club Paraiso Mediterraneo in San Antonio.

Apparently it's a hit... #4 rated on Tripadvisor.com... it has 3 pools, one quiet one and 2 party ones, but a strict quiet time policy, and it's close to everything. Should be fun!
If you don't mind me asking, how much per night? And how much was your flight? I might be making the same trip (from Vancouver) soon.
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
1226 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how much per night? And how much was your flight? I might be making the same trip (from Vancouver) soon.

:|

I don't talk to Av's fans.

;)

Actually, the Ibiza stop is a part of our whirlwind Europe trip. So we'll be catching a ferry from Valencia to Ibiza, and then a few days later I think we'll be flying to Barcelona. Iberia seems like a cheap airline, about 48 euros per person.

The hotel is about 100 bucks a night, after taxes and whatnot.

Anyways, our flight is Zoom into London, and then we're taking an easyjet flight to amsterdam. The way back we're flying venice-london. The Zoom flight from Vancouver was something like 900 bucks pp, including reserved extra-legroom seats and insurance.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
misterchill wrote: :|

;)
Thanks for making an exception. :cheesygri
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
Well, it's the least I can do, seeing that the team is faling apart this year... :razz:

Oh BTW, my gal got a wicked weasel bikini for our trip... best 140 bucks including duty ever spent.... :D
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
misterchill wrote:Well, it's the least I can do, seeing that the team is faling apart this year... :razz:

Oh BTW, my gal got a wicked weasel bikini for our trip... best 140 bucks including duty ever spent.... :D
$140? Mine would never spend that much. :cheesygri Well, maybe if I took her to Ibiza. :cheesygri
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
1226 wrote:$140? Mine would never spend that much. :cheesygri Well, maybe if I took her to Ibiza. :cheesygri
Well, it was only 70 bucks or so before shipping... and we just went with the flow from there... :)
Aug 21, 2003
671 posts
1 upvote
misterchill wrote: :|

;)

Actually, the Ibiza stop is a part of our whirlwind Europe trip. So we'll be catching a ferry from Valencia to Ibiza, and then a few days later I think we'll be flying to Barcelona. Iberia seems like a cheap airline, about 48 euros per person.

The hotel is about 100 bucks a night, after taxes and whatnot.

Anyways, our flight is Zoom into London, and then we're taking an easyjet flight to amsterdam. The way back we're flying venice-london. The Zoom flight from Vancouver was something like 900 bucks pp, including reserved extra-legroom seats and insurance.
Followup: We booked flights from Ibiza - Barcelona with Iberia airlines. The price was 48 euro before taxes and fees, not bad. All said and done, it was under $100 CDN pp.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)