Hot Deals

[IBM] 12" Macbooks - $90 off + additional 5% if buying two ($965.09 All In each)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 12:17 pm
Nov 27, 2014
117 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So I ordered 2 of these Macbook 12" units and they were delivered this evening - one is space grey with 512gb SSD and one is rose gold with 256gb SSD. The 256gb rose gold unit is the EARLY 2016 version 1.1 GHz Core m3 (M3-6Y30) and the 512gb space grey unit is the EARLY 2016 version 1.2 GHz Core m5 (M5-6Y54).

My invoice showed both to be the 2015 models with processors as COREM-5Y51 and COREM-5Y71 respectively, but the invoice obviously was WRONG. I got what I had ordered - the EARLY 2016 models as M3-6Y30 (256gb rose gold) and M5-6Y54 as the 512gb space grey.

The 512gb space grey has 5 battery cycles on it, and the 256gb rose gold has only 3 battery cycles on it. BOTH units are 100% absolutely indistinguishable from new.

I hope that clears up some confusion....
Dec 28, 2004
778 posts
172 upvotes
other than ms office suite for mac what are the must haves on macbook air as i am configuring for my niece and am a windows techy although i have used leopard/snow leopard in the past as vm's but gave up long ago and settled on windows server as my main os on laptop as i don't feel like tinkering too much anymore :) she is high school student so not a hardcore techy as she lives on her iphone 6s pretty much and this is her christmas jewelry add on from parents that she has been begging for :)

yeah i upgraded to highsierra and security updates and then added office suite
Oct 13, 2013
205 posts
79 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
kaiseki wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:01 am
When did you place your order? I placed mine last Thursday, and I haven't received any updates since.
Sucks being in the west coast. We have to wait over 2 weeks to get the package. And UPS is sucking outrageously. My package was due to arrive yesterday and it got delayed to today due to their "operating conditions". And today it got delay again to next Monday due to their "operating conditions" For real? What kind of sh@@ty operating condition is UPS under?! Why can't they deliver on weekend if it got delay twice due to their own fault!!?? Seriously so sick and tired of all the shipping wait every time.
Aug 23, 2010
685 posts
115 upvotes
Sorry, I'm a bit confused by this whole deal. I'm looking at this item: https://www-store.shop.ibm.com/shop/ca- ... pn4qvl-124

Looking for a gift for my wife and I'm not an Apple guy myself so any assistance from someone more knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Question #1: Is this a better deal than the 1.8 Macbook Air I picked up from BB on Blackfriday for $1049? This model: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... 49364.aspx?

Question #2: If it is, what do I need to do go go about ordering it? I see a company is asked for on the IBM site but I'm not clear on the requirements. I did read through the rest of the thread. Is this deal for IBM F&F only?

Thanks!
Nov 27, 2014
117 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Rustycage wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 12:37 am
Sorry, I'm a bit confused by this whole deal. I'm looking at this item: https://www-store.shop.ibm.com/shop/ca- ... pn4qvl-124

Looking for a gift for my wife and I'm not an Apple guy myself so any assistance from someone more knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Question #1: Is this a better deal than the 1.8 Macbook Air I picked up from BB on Blackfriday for $1049? This model: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... 49364.aspx?

Question #2: If it is, what do I need to do go go about ordering it? I see a company is asked for on the IBM site but I'm not clear on the requirements. I did read through the rest of the thread. Is this deal for IBM F&F only?

Thanks!
For starters, the 2 laptops are fairly different. 12" vs 13", retina screen on 12" vs no retina on 13" Air, better processor on the AIR, a LOT more SSD capacity on the 12" (512gb vs 128gb on the AIR).... So it depends what your needs are - if more compact, much bigger SSD and retina screen are important, then the Macbook 12" is the better bet. If you need a larger screen and faster processor, then the AIR is the better one....

And to order, you either need to know someone at IBM , or you need a legitimate small business. I sent them my business incorporation docs, and that was sufficient.
Mar 12, 2008
469 posts
54 upvotes
globalstar66 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 7:50 pm
My card got charged right away at the time I placed the order.
I had ordered 2 IPhone from them and no, it is not charged right away but they get the payment reserved on the card but NOT charged. After paying my IPhones both times when I checked online my CC stated that payment is in "PENDING" state NOT charged. It gets charged once the stuff is shipped and at times it gets charged when it is received by the person who ordered it.
Nov 30, 2017
2 posts
For those you who have ordered and received an invoice, I emailed the email on the invoice inquiring about the tracking code and received a reply within a few hours. I recommend doing the same if you've been waiting around! I ordered on Nov 24 and it looks like it should be delivered tonight. Will update with the condition, etc.
Nov 30, 2017
2 posts
My laptop was delivered last night. Ordered the m5 space grey on November 24th. Invoice gave the same code as people mentioned in previous posts where it was the 2015 model. Just like the others, I received the early 2016 model. 3 battery cycles on mine, no scratches or damage at all. Hope this helps - they're worth the wait.
Jul 25, 2017
40 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary AB
Mine was delivered today. 4 charge cycles but the i key seemed to get stuck. I want to return this, not sure if there's restocking fee or not
Sep 18, 2013
109 posts
26 upvotes
vlkle73 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:12 pm
Mine was delivered today. 4 charge cycles but the i key seemed to get stuck. I want to return this, not sure if there's restocking fee or not
What colour/model is yours? I'd be willing to buy it off of you :D
Oct 13, 2013
205 posts
79 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
BluuKluu wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:53 pm
I have a 3 cycle rose gold m3. Looks new no blemishes. Will sell if you are in Vancouver. I am thinking about returning it. I bought the supposed 2017 model. Chat rep told me it is the 2017 model. So does my sale invoice. But I got 2016 model. Not happy. IBM used store is a mess.
Jul 25, 2017
40 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary AB
BluuKluu wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:53 pm
Space gray early 2016 512gb 1.2GHz m5. I requested RMA, only have 7 days to return so had to be quick.
Nov 7, 2013
670 posts
343 upvotes
Montreal
great deal , many positive review from people buying the old and same deal from IBM

10 push ups for those voting negative.
Deal Hunter :twisted:
RFD has taught me to save money. but it has also taught me to spend money.
Nov 27, 2014
117 posts
61 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bowen1506 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:25 pm
I have a 3 cycle rose gold m3. Looks new no blemishes. Will sell if you are in Vancouver. I am thinking about returning it. I bought the supposed 2017 model. Chat rep told me it is the 2017 model. So does my sale invoice. But I got 2016 model. Not happy. IBM used store is a mess.
No chance you were going to get a 2017 model!!! They were only released on 12 June this year.... LOL
Sep 18, 2013
109 posts
26 upvotes
bowen1506 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:25 pm
Damn, I'm in Calgary and rose gold was exactly what I was looking for.