Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IBM

Apple Macbook 12" Retina 2016 from IBM store $913.75+tax price updated

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2018 4:07 am
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham

[IBM] Apple Macbook 12" Retina 2016 from IBM store $913.75+tax price updated

Deal Link:
Retailer:
IBM
More offers from IBM
Hi All,

It has been a long while since we saw macbooks being sold at IBM.

this is for the 12" model. Don't hate if Core M is not your cup of tea

IBM Link

m3 is now 993.75 minus 85 dollars off
m5 is now 1212.75 minus 85 dollars off
Images
  • macbook.JPG
Last edited by andyyuen on Apr 8th, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
Here is the updated link to the macbooks IBM LINK

Few points people keep asking over and over
1. There is NO apple warranty. If you punch in the serial number in apple's warranty search, you will not find anything. IBM offers 15 month warranty and you will get a document stating as such.
2. For some people, they get it within 10 days, some are a bit longer, be patient.
3. Returns are simple, there is a 7 day money back guarantee and they will give you a purolator account number to ship it back
4. There will be a phone call from Brazil IBM to confirm your shipping information and your small business's name.
5. Stop begging for IBM employee #/emails, you only need a business name.
6. If you want colours other than space gray, you call their number at 1-866-IBM-1123,option 1
7. Please be nice to the reps on the phone or email, IBM is a big company, no one is out to rip you off. Be patient. Some shipments might take longer than others. For me, 1 macbook took 1 week, the other took 3 weeks.
1649 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Is this better than a 13" MBA? Using it for school purposes. Nothing fancy.
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Aug 28, 2016
313 posts
552 upvotes
Good find OP! This is the computer I use, apart from the crappy keyboard. It is a good computer. I don't use my computer for anything intensive, so it works good for me. I mostly read, study, watch movies, or YouTube on it. Some documents.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
SignedA wrote: Is this better than a 13" MBA? Using it for school purposes. Nothing fancy.
depends on the year of your macbook air? in terms of screen, the retina screen is beautiful versus the macbook air screen

for geek bench score, the core m5 version is almost equiv to the broadwell processor in the macbook air

i think the whole point of the macbook 12" is for someone that doesn't really play a lot of games, want something light weight(2lbs only), media comsumption(retina screen), 10 hr battery.. it even plays league of leagues fine on medium setting at 1080p

so.. it is up to you whether you want to spend on this or not.. if i was in your shoes as a student.. i probably wouldn't..
but it is definitely cheaper than getting it from kijiji or apple refurb store
Aug 28, 2016
313 posts
552 upvotes
SignedA wrote: Is this better than a 13" MBA? Using it for school purposes. Nothing fancy.
I wouldn't recommend the computer to anyone until they at least fix the keyboard design, like the new MacBook Pro. But if you are mostly web browsing and watching movies, this is definitely an awesome computer.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
Mike2258 wrote: I wouldn't recommend the computer to anyone until they at least fix the keyboard design, like the new MacBook Pro. But if you are mostly web browsing and watching movies, this is definitely an awesome computer.
From your experience, would you recommend m3 or m5?
What about Netflix @ 4k, any lag?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I use this for work (writing) and it does everything I need more than adequately. The screen is absolutely gorgeous and I really don't have anything bad to say about the keyboard, although it seems to be a love/hate scenario. The force touchpad is cool too. I bought it for it's amazing portability (I travel a fair bit) and the battery life can last me nearly an entire workday. This is a great deal, I paid a lot more when I bought mine in the fall.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
This makes the ultimate travel computer. I regret getting rid of mine. The price is steep but being a Mac, it's a great deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2003
1015 posts
458 upvotes
Any coupon codes that work for IBM at the moment?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1728 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have experience ordering used MacBooks from IBM? What is the condition like? Are they like refurbished units from Apple (new cases/screen)? What's the refund policy?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
NiftyScent wrote: Anyone have experience ordering used MacBooks from IBM? What is the condition like? Are they like refurbished units from Apple (new cases/screen)? What's the refund policy?
The conditions varies
From the previous IBM selling macbook pro thread, at the beginning when people were buying it, some of the macbooks only have 7-10 charge cycles, everything was pristine condition. Near the end of the sale, on the last few remaining, people were complaining about scratches etc..

As for warranty & return policy
"IBM is proud to offer superior quality products at very competitive prices, backed by our 7 day money back guarantee, 15 month quality satisfaction assurance and free standard shipping everyday!"

I am still debating between m3 256gb vs m5 512gb before i pull the trigger.
Can someone please let me know how well it runs 4k netflix and videos?

Thx
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1740 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
NiftyScent wrote: Anyone have experience ordering used MacBooks from IBM? What is the condition like? Are they like refurbished units from Apple (new cases/screen)? What's the refund policy?
I got one for my friend and it came like new, just like Apple refurb direct. Only thing that is kind of strange is these don't have any Apple warranty at all (AppleCare says its expired). The warranty is completely through IBM.
Jul 11, 2013
46 posts
36 upvotes
Isn't this in USD? If so then the deal becomes considerably less...
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
maffu313 wrote: Isn't this in USD? If so then the deal becomes considerably less...
It's in CAD
Jul 11, 2013
46 posts
36 upvotes
covabwoy wrote: It's in CAD
My bad, I saw ".Com" and didn't notice the "Canada" region at the top.. so I thought it was the US site priced in USD
Oct 13, 2013
354 posts
190 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bought the m5 version. total impulse buy...probably just gonna end up as a bed time surfing device....but i just cant resist this beautiful piece of hardware.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
I think this is overpriced. The macbook is due for an update and by the time that comes out that will drive the refurbished price in line or lower than apple's. The new one may also fix all the issues that people are having with this one.
Mar 16, 2008
517 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Interested in purchasing, but will I run into any problems with my order? From what I recall, you have to know someone that works at IBM.
Jun 29, 2008
475 posts
184 upvotes
Tempting!.. How's the m5 processor in comparison to the m3?.. I had the Asus Zenbook UX305 with the m3 processor and it was too slow for me

Only grey?.. No gold colour?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)