233 posts
44 upvotes
Ferris Bueller wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:56 pm
M3 or m5. Can't decide. Halp!
SuperMocha wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:59 pm
I'm on the same boat!
For what it's worth.. I had the Asus UX305 last year which had the m-3 processor and it was a little too slow for me.. Deal breaker was that the the keyboard was not backlit so I sold it.. I received the m5 processor today and so far so good for my web browsing / Kodi needs.. Definitely would have not considered paying the $2000 price tag for new.. Would have gotten the Asus 390ua for that price point.. But then again.. Its Apple to Asus comparison.. I'll take resale value + this price point 🕺🏻Winking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1955 posts
237 upvotes
See quite a few who have received theirs today in "mint" condition.

Did anyone order the space grey and receive theirs in mint condition?
Jun 12, 2007
597 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
zoomzoom wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:49 am

Yeah, I ordered the Space Gray 256gb and mine is practically brand new.
Apr 6, 2007
2 posts
Calgary
If anyone is able to be kind enough to PM me an ibm contact and email, that would be fantastic. Though I am sure the chance of that is slim. But it doesn't hurt to ask. :)
Feb 28, 2012
134 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
therein60mins wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:44 am
For what it's worth.. I had the Asus UX305 last year which had the m-3 processor and it was a little too slow for me.. Deal breaker was that the the keyboard was not backlit so I sold it.. I received the m5 processor today and so far so good for my web browsing / Kodi needs.. Definitely would have not considered paying the $2000 price tag for new.. Would have gotten the Asus 390ua for that price point.. But then again.. Its Apple to Asus comparison.. I'll take resale value + this price point 🕺🏻Winking Face
I returned the UX305CA last year and I found it kinda slow for my needs too. I think the slowness might be due to operation system difference.
Feb 27, 2009
58 posts
13 upvotes
ryawesome wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 10:03 pm
When did you do this, today? I called this afternoon and the rep told me that the pricing was 1060 for the m3 for businesses and you had to know an ibm employee and provide info to get the pricing at $913.
Tuesday (18th) I did it. Maybe it was a dumb rep you talked to? This was the process I went through:

1) I called one on the phone, asked for a different colour from space grey
2) Rep sent me an e-mail and asked for my name, phone number, and billing address
3) I emailed him back with that info and told him the price was $913.75 and sent him the link (983.75 - $80 off laptops)
3) After receiving that info, he e-mailed me a purchase link and I purchased it
4) Received confirmation of purchase
4) The next day, I received an e-mail from a different IBM rep looking for the verification info (Employee number, Employee name OR small business address and website)
5) I provided my verification info (used a friend's small business info)
6) About 10 minutes after sending the verifying info, I got another e-mail that was another confirmation of purchase but more detailed. Rep said that I could use the reference number on that to track the shipment through UPS in a couple of days once it has been shipped out.

Very easy process tbh. A lot less daunting than I thought it would be.
Nov 15, 2004
208 posts
6 upvotes
Can anyone also share me IBM contact info for purchase :( Please I have been looking to get this laptop for need...
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1167 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
torontoballer333 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:21 am
Tuesday (18th) I did it. Maybe it was a dumb rep you talked to? This was the process I went through:

2) Rep sent me an e-mail and asked for my name, phone number, and billing address
3) I emailed him back with that info and told him the price was $913.75 and sent him the link (983.75 - $80 off laptops)
4) The next day, I received an e-mail from a different IBM rep looking for the verification info (Employee number, Employee name OR small business address and website)
6) About 10 minutes after sending the verifying info, I got another e-mail that was another confirmation of purchase but more detailed. Rep said that I could use the reference number on that to track the shipment through UPS in a couple of days once it has been shipped out.

Thanks, but I think most really just need the required IBM employee name/number. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1855 posts
271 upvotes
I need help from ibm employees here if any1 can ..
Got following email from ibm

1) Billing and shipping addresses;
2) Credit card type used on this transaction and its last 4 digits;
3) Your relationship with an IBM employee by providing their full name or IBM serial number or, if this order is for a small business, please provide the business physical address and website;
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2012
1206 posts
262 upvotes
Woodbridge
zoomzoom wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:49 am

Yes
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4584 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
You guys are getting an awesome laptop at a great price. I have a 2016 m7 512GB that I paid full retail for and was, to me at least, worth it. Here's a few tips for using it:
1. Run the hack that allows you to go 1680x1050 @ HiDPI resolution. This is the perfect screen resolution for this computer, giving the most space possible.
2. Keep the keyboard clean. I've gotten stuff under the keys and they've screwed up my typing for a few days until repeated presses crush whatever is underneath there. LOL.

It weighs less than my 12.9" iPad Pro does, is incredibly thin, and well balanced, with a great trackpad.
Jun 18, 2016
33 posts
8 upvotes
For those who got the laptop already: how long after getting the confirmation email (IGF order conf) did it take for you to be able to track it on UPS? Just wondering since I can't track by order number yet! Thanks!
Dec 14, 2006
114 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I also got a verification request email, inclusive of IBM employee detail.
Looks like this is the biggest hurdle so far when I know no one working there.

I'll try the chat and see if they will let me make the purchase. If not I will just suck it up and move on.
Good luck to everyone.
Life is Hard. It's harder when you're stupid.
May 5, 2006
445 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
torontoballer333 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:21 am

Does the small business need to have any type of link with IBM? Or any small business will do..?