Hot Deals

[IBM] Apple Macbook 12" Retina 2016 from IBM store $913.75+tax price updated

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2017 1:16 am
Jan 18, 2009
47 posts
2 upvotes
Thunder Bay
It all started when I got an ipad air 2 for xmas, then a company iphone followed, now I just bought the m5 version for no reason at all. Well maybe a little, win 7 starting to show its age and I absolutely hate the guts of the win 10.

Btw I told the ibm rep that I am not affiliated with ibm whatsoever, he said that's ok..

Signed
die hard android/windows guy..

RIP
Oct 29, 2016
32 posts
15 upvotes
milhaus wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:03 am
You guys are getting an awesome laptop at a great price. I have a 2016 m7 512GB that I paid full retail for and was, to me at least, worth it. Here's a few tips for using it:
1. Run the hack that allows you to go 1680x1050 @ HiDPI resolution. This is the perfect screen resolution for this computer, giving the most space possible.
2. Keep the keyboard clean. I've gotten stuff under the keys and they've screwed up my typing for a few days until repeated presses crush whatever is underneath there. LOL.

It weighs less than my 12.9" iPad Pro does, is incredibly thin, and well balanced, with a great trackpad.
Woah Woah Woah can you share the details of this hack??
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23480 posts
1525 upvotes
Markham
M3 is enough for a regular user right?
Nov 12, 2013
11 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
Can someone PM me with some details on an employee that wants to be my friend? to help me answer this question.

3) Your relationship with an IBM employee by providing their full name or IBM serial number or, if this order is for a small business, please provide the business physical address and website;

Thanks!
Dec 30, 1969
62 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yup, I have the 2015 m3, it was smooth for me. Just ordered the m3 again.

Thanks for sharing - cant wait for my rose gold version! :)
yao416 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:22 pm
M3 is enough for a regular user right?
Jul 8, 2009
794 posts
207 upvotes
Newmarket
**Anyone is willing to PM employee information, it would be greatly appreciated =)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1357 posts
60 upvotes
As others have mentioned in this thread you do not need to know an IBM employee.

I tried calling 3 times this morning after getting the email to confirm I knew someone, but no answer so I just emailed back instead.

I simply put in the email that I do not know any IBM employee, and that I just googled "refurbished MacBook" and found their link. Next I wrote that I am a government employee and provided my corporate email and the corporate address and website. I got an email back with the order confirmation and sales invoice but nothing else written back so looks like it works.

As others have said it doesn't appear you need to know someone from IBM, but if you have a business or corporation that info that could work.
Dec 5, 2016
1 posts
Received my m5 space gray macbook yesterday, can confirm that it is in mint condition feels brand new.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1686 posts
455 upvotes
Markham
EscaBoi wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:53 pm
As others have mentioned in this thread you do not need to know an IBM employee.

I tried calling 3 times this morning after getting the email to confirm I knew someone, but no answer so I just emailed back instead.

I simply put in the email that I do not know any IBM employee, and that I just googled "refurbished MacBook" and found their link. Next I wrote that I am a government employee and provided my corporate email and the corporate address and website. I got an email back with the order confirmation and sales invoice but nothing else written back so looks like it works.

As others have said it doesn't appear you need to know someone from IBM, but if you have a business or corporation that info that could work.
people probably won't read this post either. many people have already said in the last 30 pages.. yet I am still getting PMs from people for IBM contacts.
Jul 15, 2013
80 posts
25 upvotes
i just ordered... got my confirmation email (order approved and submitted to IBM). are you guys talking about another email asking for more information? will that email come later?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1357 posts
60 upvotes
After you order you get an email email saying your order has been approved an submitted (step you are on).

A couple of days later you'll get an email (or call) from IBM asking you to confirm details of your order and who you know from IBM or which small business you are with in order to complete the purchase.
Oct 2, 2013
479 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
When did everyone's credit card get charged. I had a temporary charge since Thursday but it fell off after few days and I received the pdf copy on Tuesday. No movement on UPS and no charge on card yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1357 posts
60 upvotes
Had the temp charge from last Thursday as well, and it's still on there.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1503 posts
93 upvotes
seems like my order is stuck, it's been almost a week and no call from brazil. finally got through after trying to reach them on the phone several times and they said for some reason no one started the verification process so i need to just keep waiting for that call. since i don't know any ibm employee, if i just tell them i work for the government ... would this work i wonder.. but i won't hold my breath on this one i guess
Jul 2, 2006
43 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Just received my gold m3, a stunning beauty looked almost like new. I phoned in to order on April 12 and received the order confirmation and sales agreement on April 14. i did not receive any tracking info by email but found a UPS delivery note on my door today when I got home. My first MBA was 2013 with only 4/128G but is still going strong, much better and more stable than the $3000 but newer Dell I have at work. But this MacBook looks even better, nicer and lighter.

You don't need to know any IBM employee to order. There are many ways to make the order. I said my order was for business and gave them my brother's business name which is not even in Canada.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel