Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IBM

Apple Macbook 12" Retina 2016 from IBM store $913.75+tax price updated

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2018 4:07 am
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2386 posts
1108 upvotes
Ontario
I never called. All correspondence thru email. My second unit is in transit now. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Sep 21, 2010
228 posts
51 upvotes
the m5 is about 15% faster CPU wise. I couldn't justify paying an extra 250$, or 25% of the value of the m3, for such a minor upgrade.
Plus, the adapters are hella expensive (got a hootoo shuttle and a Hyper drive for 80 each..).
Apr 1, 2010
79 posts
86 upvotes
My M5 MacBook arrived the other day.. Not a mark on it, looked brand new with 8 battery cycles on it..
I prepared myself to hate the keyboard with all the critical reviews of it, however I must admit, I actually like the feel of it.. maybe I'm crazy, but I kind of prefer it over my MacBook pro's keyboard..

Just for the heck of it, I loaded up geekbench 4 and benchmarked my 3 laptop

you can see the results for them through the following links

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2749269 2015 13" retina MacBook Pro
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2749276 2015 11" MacBook Air
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2749281 2016 12" M5 Macbook

If anyone needs any info/comparisions/images between the systems let me know.. I also have a 2009 15" MacBook Pro .. was just too lazy to bother benchmarking that unit
Last edited by chrisyng on May 4th, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 3, 2011
67 posts
48 upvotes
gnewylliw wrote: the m5 is about 15% faster CPU wise. I couldn't justify paying an extra 250$, or 25% of the value of the m3, for such a minor upgrade.
Plus, the adapters are hella expensive (got a hootoo shuttle and a Hyper drive for 80 each..).
imo the extra is worth is, considering you get double the storage while the MacBook is not self-upgradable
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
I will be receiving my M3 model on Tuesday. If anyone in GVR wants to buy it off me at cost, let me know.

$1,023.40.

Decided to go with a different model.

Thanks.
Feb 3, 2014
94 posts
73 upvotes
Burlington
doujincore wrote: Ordered Monday, got email from Brazil yesterday and sent a reply back with small business address etc...

should I worried about calling?
I ordered today and just got an e-mail from Brazil as well. Replied back with business info that was indicated on the order form ... let's see what happens. If they cancel, I suppose I can try again using another name and hope I get luckier with respect to verification the second time around.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2008
1007 posts
337 upvotes
gnewylliw wrote: the m5 is about 15% faster CPU wise. I couldn't justify paying an extra 250$, or 25% of the value of the m3, for such a minor upgrade.
Can you please send link to the exact adapter and drive you bought?
Jul 1, 2009
46 posts
20 upvotes
So the Macbook arrived today. First impressions are great. Compared to my Macbook air 11" 2013, the keyboard is much better than reviews would suggest. The click on the track pad is much better but makes little difference to me since I always have tap to click enabled. The screen is amazing. The taller aspect ratio along with the much better scaling options makes a very big difference. The small bezels and space grey finish are also a nice improvement over the 11" air. The speakers are also great and the lighter weight is also noticeable.

The obivious negatives are the lack of ports. Its the first day and I already miss the magsafe connecter. The apple logo does not light up, which I am a bit sad about but its not a big deal. Opening the lid with one hand on the Macbook 12" is noticeably worse than with the 11" air.

So far the Macbook 12 seems like its going to be a solid improvement over the 11" air which I got three and half years of great use out off.

Battery Cycle count is 3 and the condition is perfect.
Images
  • IMG_2782.JPG
  • IMG_2783.JPG
  • IMG_2785.JPG
  • IMG_2786.JPG
Feb 8, 2017
495 posts
395 upvotes
I just passed the 7 days so I guess too late to ask but is this acceptable amount of backlight bleeding?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
chrisyng wrote: My M5 MacBook arrived the other day.. Not a mark on it, looked brand new with 8 battery cycles on it..
I prepared myself to hate the keyboard with all the critical reviews of it, however I must admit, I actually like the feel of it.. maybe I'm crazy, but I kind of prefer it over my MacBook pro's keyboard..
I was actually thinking the same thing, I bet this keyboard will be the new norm, the old ones feel so clunky now, like something from the 90's. Whenever a big change comes it is hard for people to embrace it, but I think that once people start using this keyboard, which will slowly show up on all apple devices I bet, people will see it as the new way and won't be able to go back.

I love it now. My work laptop keyboard feels like I am on a kids toy now.

mp
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Is this how the light of the keyboard is suppose to be?? I thought only the key itself was suppose to light up not the square for each key?
Images
  • IMG_3770.JPG
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Thanks! I did this is how it looks on the least amount of light (ie lowest setting while still having back light) is it an issue? Also my room is pretty much almost pitched black ATM
Images
  • IMG_3772.JPG
Nov 10, 2003
284 posts
167 upvotes
I would imagine your keyboard backlight is fine. The camera you're using to take the photo will always compensate for contrast and will never show an accurate portrayal of the keyboards brightness. You'll always see a bit of light bleeding through the spaces between the keys if you position it at a particular angle.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Im holding it directly above (or trying to at least) it's not bothering me much just concerned if I've gotten a bad machine
Apr 1, 2010
79 posts
86 upvotes
SignedA wrote: Im holding it directly above (or trying to at least) it's not bothering me much just concerned if I've gotten a bad machine
The 4 different MacBooks I have here all show light bleed around the keys of differing amounts.. It's completely normal
Sep 5, 2015
2 posts
Toronto
Hello, I got an email from the service rep asking for employee name and IBM serial.
if any nice IBM employee can send me their full name and IBM serial via PM, I will be forever grateful

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
SignedA wrote: Thanks! I did this is how it looks on the least amount of light (ie lowest setting while still having back light) is it an issue? Also my room is pretty much almost pitched black ATM
That looks like mine, words with some fade, not too bright.
Banned
May 31, 2005
298 posts
731 upvotes
I received a verification email on Wednesday as well. Sent back my small business info right away. Has anyone in this batch heard back with an actual order confirmation yet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)