Hot Deals

[IBM] Apple Macbook 12" Retina 2016 from IBM store $913.75+tax price updated

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 12:31 am
May 10, 2017
3 posts
Yea same with me they've been a lot more stringent in the process. Tried twice and got denied both times
doujincore wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:38 pm
Finally able to get a m3 IGF via phone order on my 3rd try today, and I was told to pay $980 since I didn't know anyone who works in IBM.

Last week I did 2 orders online through the "cheaper links" were all abandoned. I dunno if just me but they would just ignore my orders from those links when I stated myself as small business :/
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1844 posts
268 upvotes
i received my gold coloured M3 on friday and it was in absolute mint condition.. no scratches.. battery was drained when i open the box.. after charging check and battery count was 5. play with it on the week end but to be honest..i can't used to this new type of keyboard. after lots of condideration i think mine will be going back.....
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Dec 11, 2014
4 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
Looks like the M5 is sold out, too bad!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1099 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Daydas wrote:
May 14th, 2017 7:06 pm
Nobody uses their computer like you mentioned. What you are suppose to do is use the apps and they stay open even after you close them (you can see there is a black dot underneath the icon in the dock bar), that is how OS X works. With your way you would have to manually right-click on the icon and Quit the app to prevent your computer from running out of memory.

Orrrrr you can just get a modern computer that has 16GB of RAM and never worry about running out of RAM today or 2 years from now. The 15" retina macbook pro is a good choice if you want 16GB of RAM.
I usually just Command+Q, and that will close the application entirely.
Comman +W if you want to just close the window, but still have the application running in the background.
May 10, 2015
154 posts
62 upvotes
Orillia, ON
It looks like we're hitting the ends of these great deals, M5 page is down and m3 page only has it for $1060 now. Hope everyone enjoys their MacBooks, if you managed to score a good one for the cheaper price. I'm loving my M5, no regrets. I also considered a refurb 13" pro, non-tb, but with 512gb hard-drive it would have been around $1,900 I believe, so I saved around $800 compared to that.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1148 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
ryawesome wrote:
May 16th, 2017 8:32 am
I also considered a refurb 13" pro, non-tb, but with 512gb hard-drive it would have been around $1,900 I believe, so I saved around $800 compared to that.
True, you did save $800. And even better if the M5 is enough power and suits your needs.
But in fairness, the two are completely different classes and specs.
I've held out despite being tempted, because I know my needs require more ports/power.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
5934 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, got the Rose Gold with 2 cycle count.
It was brand spanking new, came in white box, i only say new because even my new air model was not this pristine.
I did not know an employee or have that credential so i paid $1,107.40 how much are you guys paying again?
I only received a receipt of transaction, i received no tracking # or any other indication it was shipped etc. just UPS missed the drop off.
Now which is the best charging adapter thing to get and clear case?
Apr 17, 2017
2 posts
I will not keep my Gold M5 that I received 2 weeks ago. Its in perfect condition if anyone want it for cost around Mtl.

I cant get used to Mac it seems.
Images
Jan 8, 2006
597 posts
98 upvotes
kitch67 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:31 pm
Looks like the M5 is sold out, too bad!
Trying to remember, but didn't one of these models sell out once already and they brought more stock back a few days later? I wouldn't put it past Apple to sell new machines this way as another sales channel if they're still making profit on it at this price. Especially if new macbooks are due out soon and they need to clear the inventory. Pure speculation on my part but doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

I've been on the fence for the past few weeks. I'm a sucker for a high quality ultrabook, especially if its a mac but I already have a zenbook and surface pro 3 that aren't getting the usage they deserve.
Sep 7, 2003
356 posts
21 upvotes
ryawesome wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:54 pm
They could be back but it looks like ibm killed the links for the cheaper prices. Ie, now the m3 is $1060, where as before it was at $913 with the other order page and $80 discount.
Not sure where you're looking but I still see the $80 off the M3 from OPs link.
Dec 18, 2010
260 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone recommend a hub that supports charging and 4K at 60hz? Trying to get this working on my LG 27UD68 but not having much luck getting past 30hz.
May 10, 2015
154 posts
62 upvotes
Orillia, ON
vistokid wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:57 pm
Not sure where you're looking but I still see the $80 off the M3 from OPs link.
The pages seemed to go missing for a bit but came back. I tried to delete my comment but I guess it still showed up for you to reply to.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2127 posts
764 upvotes
Ontario
Humm, not only is the m5 sold out, it's no longer listed. :(
(If they don't restock, it was a nice run ... thanks again OP; glad I got mine)

https://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/w ... langId=124
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel