• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2018 4:40 pm
[OP]
Apr 14, 2017
30 posts
24 upvotes

ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019

Hi everyone,

Started a new thread for the cricket lovers to go to England to watch cricket world cup 2019. Any one finds a deal on the flights or the hotels for stay, they can share here and let others know about the great savings for the this biggest cricket stage on earth...!!!!
Last edited by grabAdeal on Jul 17th, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Jan 17, 2015
109 posts
51 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
I stayed up into the early mornings in 2015 to watch India/Pakistan, which was the only WC match on free TV (on OMNI iirc). I loved watching that game and trying to learn the rules on the go.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1114 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Man I still don't understand Cricket. It seems similar to baseball instead of running 4 bases you just run back and forth?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3322 posts
157 upvotes
Adelaide
lamboman wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 10:27 am
Man I still don't understand Cricket. It seems similar to baseball instead of running 4 bases you just run back and forth?
Running back and forth gets you runs, but both players need to do it (1 run for each time the 2 batters run and "switch ends"). The other way to get runs is to hit a "boundary" which is hitting a ball past the boundary of the field (the line around the playing field that indicates whats in play). A ball that goes past that boundary but has hit the ground inside the boundary first is worth 4 runs, a ball that goes past the boundary still in the air (like a homerun) is worth 6 runs.

It can be really weird watching cricket because there are a lot of weird terms that get used. Most of those though are describing more in depth things like fielding positions, where the batter is hitting etc. The actual rules aren't that bad to figure out.
Dec 11, 2009
817 posts
55 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 10:27 am
Baseball and cricket are similar in complexities and nuances.
They are similar in how the runs are scored over the allotted period, 18 innings and 54 outs for baseball (unless you got extra innings) and two innings/20 outs over an 8 hours game or 4 innings/40 outs over a 5 day game in cricket. Cricket does allow draws, no extra innings

The key difference between the two game is,
In Cricket - Just one good ball is needed to get an out - Everything else can be scored or played for no runs.
In Baseball - One good ball/pitch is needed to score a run - Everything else is a ball/strike/out

But besides that scoring runs and getting outs are almost similar.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1594 posts
465 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'll be watching on TV...Winking Face
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Feb 12, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
world cup is in England so around 50% of the matches are going to be washed out by Rain.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1594 posts
465 upvotes
Winnipeg
Zearus007 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 3:41 pm
world cup is in England so around 50% of the matches are going to be washed out by Rain.
T20 WC then Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Maybe thats the reason why ECB keeps shortening the format. They were the ones that invented T20. Now they are proposing the 100.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)