Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IceIand Air

Toronto to Amsterdam, Dublin or Paris - $417 to $434 roundtrip w/ Icelandair. Also leaving from Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 5:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71700 upvotes

Toronto to Amsterdam, Dublin or Paris - $417 to $434 roundtrip w/ Icelandair. Also leaving from Vancouver

Deal Link:
Price:
$434
Retailer:
IceIand Air
Deal courtesy of next departure.

Toronto to Amsterdam, Dublin or Paris - $417 to $434 roundtrip w/ Icelandair

Black Friday Sale! Vancouver to Paris, London or Amsterdam – $431 to $496 roundtrip w/ Icelandair

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal/bl ... celandair/
Last edited by hill15 on Nov 27th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
All these great flight deals, and yet Canadians get horrible vacation allowances due to horrible corporate practices.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: All these great flight deals, and yet Canadians get horrible vacation allowances due to horrible corporate practices.
I mean four weeks a year is pretty good + stack with long weekends, personal days, lol
Jul 31, 2019
158 posts
176 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: I mean four weeks a year is pretty good + stack with long weekends, personal days, lol
Except that most people do not have 4 weeks, and would only have that after working several years at the same company.
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
sabrunkas wrote:
Except that most people do not have 4 weeks, and would only have that after working several years at the same company.
Lol from what I can tell RFD is full of ideals that the harder and longer you work, the better person that makes you.

4 weeks should be a minimum and at least 1 holiday per month for everyone should be a thing, but that's not Western thinking unfortunately.

Anywho, politics aside this is a pretty good deal.
Jul 31, 2019
158 posts
176 upvotes
I did go ahead and book a week long trip to Amsterdam next March. I can't ignore this type of deal. I'll worry about lodging next year lol. $420 is a steal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: I mean four weeks a year is pretty good + stack with long weekends, personal days, lol
I have good vacation time, but a lot of people I know have very rigid time off for the reason of keeping up appearances (i.e. we work hard).
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: I have good vacation time, but a lot of people I know have very rigid time off for the reason of keeping up appearances (i.e. we work hard).
Fair enough, yeah fortunately I don't work in that type of environment. I actually left a company because of its culture like that.

Great deal however, thanks op!
May 5, 2016
771 posts
1072 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
sabrunkas wrote: I did go ahead and book a week long trip to Amsterdam next March. I can't ignore this type of deal. I'll worry about lodging next year lol. $420 is a steal.
happy 420. LOL
Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Mar 3, 2017
73 posts
62 upvotes
Airfare is a great deal. Unfortunately, if you're looking at Dublin it rains a lot from December until April, and even sometimes into May. Not to mention, hotel prices have gone up big time over the past few years. I was looking at booking something for September and they are all a minimum of $200+/night and Airbnb isn't much cheaper.
Banned
Dec 13, 2013
174 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
booked toronto to paris with stopover for 3 days in iceland for $532. not the cheapest but way cheaper than what it was when i was previously eyeing flights for this trip!

also note, the original dates that showed there were deals, some ended up selling quick and i found alternative dates that worked better for me which included may long weekend. i searched around a couple of times this morning and including a long weekend originally wasn’t available at a sale price at all so might be helpful to search around randomly!
Mar 25, 2019
9 posts
5 upvotes
Strongly considering this with the gf. Though I'd like to bring no checked luggage, anybody have experience with Icelandair? I think I see that it's $120 each way to check one piece?

"For excess pieces of baggage each weighing 1 lb/1 kg to 50 lbs/23 kgs, each piece one-way fee will be charged:

Flights within Europe: $46 each piece, each way
Flights between Iceland and the USA/Canada: $120 each piece, each way
Flights between Europe and the USA/Canada: $132 each piece, each way
For excess pieces of baggage heavier than , 50 lbs/23 kgs, each piece one-way fee will be charged:

Flights within Europe: $40 each piece, each way
Flights between Iceland and the USA/Canada: $105 each piece, each way
Flights between Europe and the USA/Canada: $120 each piece, each way"

Am I reading this right that it's $120 each way, even though there is a 2 hour layover in Iceland between Toronto and Paris? Please help anybody!

Why does it seem like they are charging more if your checked baggage is lighter than 23 kgs?

EDIT: Ah I think if you're over 50 lbs, you pay both prices.. I think I'm looking at $132 each way to go from Toronto to Paris.
Jan 21, 2018
364 posts
192 upvotes
ryankellz wrote: Strongly considering this with the gf. Though I'd like to bring no checked luggage, anybody have experience with Icelandair? I think I see that it's $120 each way to check one piece?

"For excess pieces of baggage each weighing 1 lb/1 kg to 50 lbs/23 kgs, each piece one-way fee will be charged:

Flights within Europe: $46 each piece, each way
Flights between Iceland and the USA/Canada: $120 each piece, each way
Flights between Europe and the USA/Canada: $132 each piece, each way
For excess pieces of baggage heavier than , 50 lbs/23 kgs, each piece one-way fee will be charged:

Flights within Europe: $40 each piece, each way
Flights between Iceland and the USA/Canada: $105 each piece, each way
Flights between Europe and the USA/Canada: $120 each piece, each way"

Am I reading this right that it's $120 each way, even though there is a 2 hour layover in Iceland between Toronto and Paris? Please help anybody!

Why does it seem like they are charging more if your checked baggage is lighter than 23 kgs?

EDIT: Ah I think if you're over 50 lbs, you pay both prices.. I think I'm looking at $132 each way to go from Toronto to Paris.
Same with me but I know I will always bring one checked bag between the two of us. There’s an economy standard option for an extra $250 roughly which includes both passengers for checked baggage. I think that option is better
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1184 posts
1652 upvotes
Vancouver
MyNameWasTaken wrote: All these great flight deals, and yet Canadians get horrible vacation allowances due to horrible corporate practices.
lol... you must have never worked in States.
Sep 14, 2009
239 posts
396 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: lol... you must have never worked in States.
2nd this. I have an account in the States and I keep having OOO for our long weekends (she was like, how come you take so much time off!). I think States only has 3 Stat days, Mat is only like 4 weeks.
I mean, we shouldn't have lower standards just because we are better than States. But 3-4 weeks is normal for salaried job from what I've seen.
Mar 25, 2019
9 posts
5 upvotes
justlooking90 wrote: Same with me but I know I will always bring one checked bag between the two of us. There’s an economy standard option for an extra $250 roughly which includes both passengers for checked baggage. I think that option is better
Great call man!
Nov 5, 2012
39 posts
95 upvotes
Get the free MBNA Best Western MC the next time they have a promotion and use the BW points to book your hotel trip. GCR also has a $50 rebate offer.
Feb 26, 2009
304 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey, BC
sabrunkas wrote: Except that most people do not have 4 weeks, and would only have that after working several years at the same company.
Exactly . My company is 5 years for 3 weeks and 10 years for 4 weeks.
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)