None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9739 posts
511 upvotes
Mississauga
Smashy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 9:34 pm
Where did you guys book your Iceland flights? We're considering doing Toronto to Iceland round trip this September.
Rather amazingly for such a tiny island, there are three airlines that fly non-stop from Toronto to Reykjavik: Icelandair, WOW Air, and now Air Canada. WOW Air seems to have sales regularly (but they have very strict luggage allowances, so beware of extra charges), but with increased competition from Air Canada, everyone might get in on the flight deal game.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3037 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Smashy wrote:
Where did you guys book your Iceland flights? We're considering doing Toronto to Iceland round trip this September.
most famous ones are icelandair and wow air. OP said AC now flies there.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2174 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
I believe, AC is the cheapest.
WOW has a lot of hidden surcharges for checked luggaged.

Just pulled up random dates, Aug 7 to 15.
AC is $730.80 Direct both ways.
WOW air is $969.42 (WOW Plus , includes a checked luggage and carry on).
icelandair $1,427.80
1% listing commission only.

Platinum award winner.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4306 posts
194 upvotes
Smashy wrote:
We booked flights on Iceland Air two weeks ago for $336 pp, return. We are going in November. We played around with dates until we found a combo that worked for us and was cheap.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2579 posts
141 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 4:48 pm
We booked flights on Iceland Air two weeks ago for $336 pp, return. We are going in November. We played around with dates until we found a combo that worked for us and was cheap.
oasis100 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 4:21 pm
I believe, AC is the cheapest.
WOW has a lot of hidden surcharges for checked luggaged.

Just pulled up random dates, Aug 7 to 15.
AC is $730.80 Direct both ways.
WOW air is $969.42 (WOW Plus , includes a checked luggage and carry on).
icelandair $1,427.80
Thanks guys. We're looking at RT flights in Sept now, about one week trip, and Air Canada is cheapest (after factoring in checked bag) at around $664 leaving Mon/Tues, $740 Wed, $800 Thurs, $880 Fri and up to $904 leaving on Saturday. Some weekdays like Tues don't have direct flights.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2174 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
ya thats a great deal, it appears flights through YUL are not really full, hence the cheaper prices with a stopover there.
1% listing commission only.

Platinum award winner.
Jan 17, 2017
37 posts
25 upvotes
If you plan on staying outside Reykjavik, make sure you can book places to stay in September. Iceland outside Reykjavik fills up months in advance.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2579 posts
141 upvotes
Any other specific recommendations on which tours (glacier walks, ice climbing, etc.) are good? We're doing the Google research too but I prefer first hand info from fellow trust RFD members.
May 23, 2017
66 posts
13 upvotes
thinking of booking wow air for the middle of September. Going with a few friends for my bachelor party trip. We can only go from Wednesday night to sunday, that means we will only really have about 2-2.5 whole days there. I know this isn't enough, but would it be doable just to chck out a few sites and such or is this a complete waste of time?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9739 posts
511 upvotes
Mississauga
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:40 pm
thinking of booking wow air for the middle of September. Going with a few friends for my bachelor party trip. We can only go from Wednesday night to sunday, that means we will only really have about 2-2.5 whole days there. I know this isn't enough, but would it be doable just to chck out a few sites and such or is this a complete waste of time?
You can do a Golden Circle day trip easily. You'll get a taste of the natural wonders of Iceland. If you rent a car, you can make it out a bit further, perhaps to Vik and back. Visit the Blue Lagoon either on the same day you fly out, or right after you land.

Note that the people of Reykjavik (Reykjavikians?) party HARD on Friday and Saturday nights, well into the early hours of the morning. You and your buddies will fit right in. Note that alcohol is very expensive though, as is everything else in the country. The locals tend to pre-drink, so you might as well do the same before hitting the town.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3037 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Golden circle can be done easily, maybe 6 hrs depends how long you stay at each stop. Can do all the major stops on the south coast in a day. I went from Thursday to Sunday and i did both about 12 hrs back and forth for the south coast and 6 hrs for golden circle. and still have time to visit downtown to buy some gifts and drink some lamb soup.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig