Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2860 posts
272 upvotes

Iceman (Donnie Yen's new movie)

Here's the Trailer:

I hope this movie doesn't disappoint like Special ID. I thought the action in that movie just didn't compare to SPL (Killzone), Flashpoint and Ip Man, it just wasn't as intense.

I mean, after watching Chinese Zodiac and Police Story 2013, Jackie Chan pretty much sold out so unfortunately I will have to give up on him but I would hate to see Donnie Yen join him.

Check out this review:

Same reviewer commentating the movie while watching it *SPOILER ALERT*

I post, you decide.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
I heard public opinion of this movie has been pretty bad. Most of which just say to just take it as a silly comedy.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
myversa wrote: They said The Monkey King is pretty bad.
It was promising and not that bad but it was definitely not flawless. I don't recall Wukong voluntarily accepting his entrapment on that five fingered mountain. The Wukong I know would bet with Buddha amd raced to the ends of the earth before accepting it.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
3203 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
tinlun wrote: It was promising and not that bad but it was definitely not flawless. I don't recall Wukong voluntarily accepting his entrapment on that five fingered mountain. The Wukong I know would bet with Buddha amd raced to the ends of the earth before accepting it.
I haven't watch Monkey King yet but I'm not too surprise with the modification. They would take a well known story and twist and stretch it out so it might not be recognizable. For example, Perish in the Name of Love, the main character supposed to be a big sister, but became younger in the series.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2860 posts
272 upvotes
Any mainland influence in the production?
I post, you decide.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
MasterXan wrote: Any mainland influence in the production?
Let's just say that Donnie Yen's movies have mostly been co-productions between Hong Kong and Mainland China for the past several years.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
dec12 wrote: I haven't watch Monkey King yet but I'm not too surprise with the modification. They would take a well known story and twist and stretch it out so it might not be recognizable. For example, Perish in the Name of Love, the main character supposed to be a big sister, but became younger in the series.
There is no legit Hong Kong home video release yet. However the bluray and dvd has been released in Taiwan for the past couple of weeks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)