Shopping Discussion

iCoke.Ca: Program ending April 1, 2014

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2014 1:52 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1332 posts
412 upvotes
Old thread I know - but wanted to add my two cents (or 5 cents). It was /is a poorly managed program - Coke likely felt was more detrimental to their brand. The last time I checked the US site was much more robust and well maintained. This program was more pathetic than anything.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
canadiancynosure wrote: Old thread I know - but wanted to add my two cents (or 5 cents). It was /is a poorly managed program - Coke likely felt was more detrimental to their brand. The last time I checked the US site was much more robust and well maintained. This program was more pathetic than anything.
I disagree - I received a lot of free movie tickets and had to do nothing to get them other than drink the pop I would have anyways. For me, and I am sure many others, it was a great way to get something without changing our behaviour/purchasing habits.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
189 upvotes
Gatineau
canadiancynosure wrote: Old thread I know - but wanted to add my two cents (or 5 cents). It was /is a poorly managed program - Coke likely felt was more detrimental to their brand. The last time I checked the US site was much more robust and well maintained. This program was more pathetic than anything.
It was great 5 or 6 years ago. Got coke glasses, stuffed animals, movie passes, pizza pizza gift certs., concert tickets, hockey tickets and tons of magazine subs. Then it seemed right after the promotion where people were sending videos in of them singing to win a chance at doing a duo or something it completed died.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1332 posts
412 upvotes
exiledinottawa wrote: It was great 5 or 6 years ago. Got coke glasses, stuffed animals, movie passes, pizza pizza gift certs., concert tickets, hockey tickets and tons of magazine subs. Then it seemed right after the promotion where people were sending videos in of them singing to win a chance at doing a duo or something it completed died.
I agree - you could get autographed goodies, etc. While free movie tickets are nice, I think to myself big deal considering all the other areas you can get them for free, M&Ms, Energizer, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
exiledinottawa wrote: It was great 5 or 6 years ago. Got coke glasses, stuffed animals, movie passes, pizza pizza gift certs., concert tickets, hockey tickets and tons of magazine subs. Then it seemed right after the promotion where people were sending videos in of them singing to win a chance at doing a duo or something it completed died.
I also agree. We used to be able to redeem for a lot of stuff... I have over 100000 points and in the last 3 months my only options are movie tickets.. and we never go to the movie.

So right now I can either get 6 movie tickets or 200 entries into a contest.
Dec 16, 2011
533 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Wowww I didn't know they weren't gonna add any new rewards after Dec, if I knew I would've used them on Raptor tickets.

I have 219,000 pts.. what to do what to do..
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
They just sent a message stating that they've lifted any limits remaining on movie tickets.

You can always try to sell them off.
Dec 16, 2011
533 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
"Enter For Your Chance to Win 1 of 50 Microsoft Surface 2 Tablets"

That means they will draw 50 times right? I think that might be my best bet that tablet goes for $400, the next best thing is the $200 VISA gift card.
Jun 18, 2008
14 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
I just logged on and they've zeroed out my points...has anyone else experienced this? I can't view my transaction history either. Sent them a message, we'll see if they respond. > :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
yipes wrote: I just logged on and they've zeroed out my points...has anyone else experienced this? I can't view my transaction history either. Sent them a message, we'll see if they respond. > :(
I think it's after 90 days of no activity account goes boom.
Feb 11, 2007
460 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
Sorry to post in a different spot, but I'm one code away from a free movie ticket. Can anyone help me out? Please PM me, and thank you very much for your help!
Aug 2, 2003
713 posts
38 upvotes
Has anyone heard or seen anyone winning any of the closing prizes??
2014: Keurig
2014: $500 cash