• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2019 12:03 am
[OP]
Dec 1, 2008
159 posts
36 upvotes
Windsor

Ideas for siblings cottage trip late fall

Hi, we have 8 of us (4 siblings and thier spouses) that want to rent a nice cottage (preferrably near water and/or outdoor scenary/areas) within 2-3hrs driving from toronto area under $2000/week??

Anyone have any recommendations or where to look (we have been on cottages in ontario, vrbo, airbnb) for that price points? (1500-2k maybe even 2500 max)

Thanks!!
3 replies
Oct 23, 2017
834 posts
505 upvotes
GTA West
Late Fall? Sounds like November which to my way of thinking is one of the worst times to cottage. The leaves are off the trees, seasonal cottages have been shut down, and seasonal businesses that serve vacationers are also closed. Some access roads will be soft. This is a wet season and the days are very short. Recreational options will be limited. On some lakes like in Haliburton water levels will have been drawn down. It is still too early for winter sports.

I'm curious what is attractive to you in this plan? I guess you can cocoon and enjoy each other's company. And you may be lucky and get some sunny days.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10521 posts
1638 upvotes
Toronto
Are you coming from the Windsor area?
Jul 5, 2004
23711 posts
3216 upvotes
The problem with a late fall rental is many rentals are shut down for the year. But you're looking on all the right sites. Just keep looking and you'll find what you want.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)