Food & Drink

If you buy McDonald's coffee you get a free muffin (?)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 9:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7215 posts
745 upvotes
GTA
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2014 5:28 am
Because if it's not on their actual website (at least) people do have to wonder where the deal came from.
It's true that $1.59 has been the price for a while now anyway.
The 20 cent increase means that their muffins are not being made smaller and the quality stays high.
It is on their website actually with the other value picks:

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/menu/full ... picks.html
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14316 posts
1025 upvotes
The reason prices are not listed is as I pointed out the disparity between locations as these are franchises. Bathurst and Dundas can charge 11.99 for nuggets because they know suckers will pay for it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14316 posts
1025 upvotes
Ferkel frozen what? I don't expect them to bake it fresh there but I would say it isn par with other places like Tim Hortons and such.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
I have no complaint about the McDonald's muffins.
Fresh or thawed out. Whatever. At least the taste is still very good.
FYI it's ten cents more for a coffee and a muffin @ Country style,($1.69) and their coffee is really awful!
(Yes, I've tried it with and without the milk and sugar)
Their muffins also seemed to be more dry than that of McDonald's.
Apr 6, 2004
399 posts
30 upvotes
ferkel wrote:
Oct 11th, 2014 10:41 pm
Muffins are frozen par baked blocks of oil. Yum
Are you sure they're par-baked and frozen? I thought that was just Timmies... Haven't seen in a while but I know before, McD's used to have premade batter and bake it fresh in store.

Not disputing the blocks of oil part lol...
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3448 posts
163 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Oct 12th, 2014 2:39 am
The reason prices are not listed is as I pointed out the disparity between locations as these are franchises. Bathurst and Dundas can charge 11.99 for nuggets because they know suckers will pay for it.
What is odd is that in downtown TO I've been to multiple McDonalds that advertise the 20pc (either with an entire menu board, or with one of those placards on the register) and the signs all have a place to put the price, yet they're always blank. And everywhere I've asked about is charging $12. I don't know why they don't just list the price; every other item on the menu always has a price.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4377 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
Supercooled wrote:
Oct 12th, 2014 2:40 am
Ferkel frozen what? I don't expect them to bake it fresh there but I would say it isn par with other places like Tim Hortons and such.
Saw it at Union Station McDonalds 5 years ago when they brought in supplies to the store to bake up. It's hard to hide since Union station store is so small.
I was shocked that they were frozen par baked muffins... crates of them...
I think the only thing fresh is the bread rolls and veggies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12324 posts
351 upvotes
ferkel wrote:
Oct 12th, 2014 4:56 pm
Saw it at Union Station McDonalds 5 years ago when they brought in supplies to the store to bake up. It's hard to hide since Union station store is so small.
I was shocked that they were frozen par baked muffins... crates of them...
I think the only thing fresh is the bread rolls and veggies
http://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/questions/13181
Do the muffins come individual and frozen?
Good question, Kristy! Our muffin batter comes from Quaker and is stored frozen at our restaurants. McDonald's muffins are freshly baked in our kitchens throughout the day to make sure each and every one is fresh and delicious.
So not par baked, just frozen batter
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2014 5:01 pm
So not par baked, just frozen batter
...but at least it's Quaker, so they're using a name brand mix. Good for them!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9796 posts
858 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
The $1.59 coffee/tea muffin combo has been around like a DECADE. It's advertised at EVERY location in the value pick item section. Yall are nuts. What's the point of this thread anyway... It was advertised that the combo price was goin up during jan/feb time frame by 20 cents. I recall reading the blurb posted at the cash in EVERY freakin location that the price at $1.39 was kept the same over 4 yrs but now had to increase by 2 dimes.

Coffee - price is for small coffee and muffin. If you want med or large coffee you add a price increase. Either 25-50 cents, forget which for each size up.

Tea - tea and muffin combo is also $1.59. You can have med or large tea at ZERO extra cost. So this is the better deal.

Muffins do differ in shape due to type of baking pan or template used but weight is the same. Some restaurants have small size base so the top part appears huuuge when baked so looks large from a distance. Other locations have larger base so top appears smaller when baked. It's only appearance not increase in weight. You're not getting ripped off here like some fonts think. Anyone who's baked muffins at home knows what I mean, lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9796 posts
858 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
The huuuuge rip off is in the burger department. Guys have done vids online comparing burger and box sizes of big macs, quarter pounders, etc. in 1980's versus now. The average size of big macs have dropped by 2 cm in diameter whilst doubling in price if not more. The big mac is so small.. even smaller than the quarter pounder box. I recall as a kid they were the same size now it's not even a "BIG" mac. Same size burger they make at many joints, a scam!! It's like what, $7.86 for big mac combo?? I recall as a kid they were larger and for the price of $4.88 for the combo! Big mac alone was like $2.89. Inflation is a *****!!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Oct 13th, 2014 10:02 am
The huuuuge rip off is in the burger department. Guys have done vids online comparing burger and box sizes of big macs, quarter pounders, etc. in 1980's versus now. The average size of big macs have dropped by 2 cm in diameter whilst doubling in price if not more. The big mac is so small.. even smaller than the quarter pounder box. I recall as a kid they were the same size now it's not even a "BIG" mac. Same size burger they make at many joints, a scam!! It's like what, $7.86 for big mac combo?? I recall as a kid they were larger and for the price of $4.88 for the combo! Big mac alone was like $2.89. Inflation is a *****!!
In 1991, you could get a Big Mac combo for $3.99. It was great in Ontario. $3.99 meant paying only one tax instead of two. Today, it's the same $3.99 or less tax rule. Crazy but true. ($4 or less with no penny rule)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6647 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
ferkel wrote:
Oct 11th, 2014 10:41 pm
Muffins are frozen par baked blocks of oil. Yum
And I'm guessing only available to Canadians.

Tried to get the coffee and muffin deal at a Mc donalds in Syracuse New York but no go.

It was not on the menu but the attendant was nice enough to check to see if she had any muffins. :)