Food & Drink

If you buy McDonald's coffee you get a free muffin (?)

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 9:23 am
Tags:
None
Nov 10, 2015
756 posts
166 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Spiderman44 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 8:13 am
Funny to read but price has now jumped twice; went to 1.79 for muffin & coffee a while back and this week it is at 1.99 in Montreal
Happened out here in BC. They used to cost about $1.86 with gst, today I paid about $2.10. I questioned the girl and she played dumb.
Anyone But Justin 2019
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7164 posts
719 upvotes
GTA
I noticed this Friday too. Came to $2.09 for small coffee/muffin. I thought he'd entered it wrong, but he said the price just went up. $1.99 plus tax as per the receipt now.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3598 posts
368 upvotes
Small coffee and muffin is $1.99 in the GTA. Let's be honest here. The old $1.39 and even $1.79 pricing was really under market. $1.99 is still a good deal.

Also, the muffins have a new formula or new supplier. They're different now.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7164 posts
719 upvotes
GTA
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 1:28 pm

Also, the muffins have a new formula or new supplier. They're different now.
I noticed the different paper and thought they were trying to make them look more high-end.

I usually get the fruit and fibre and noticed the topping was a little different.
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3598 posts
368 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 1:46 pm
I noticed the different paper and thought they were trying to make them look more high-end.
I usually get the fruit and fibre and noticed the topping was a little different.
I'll probably try them this week, but yea I noticed that the muffins now have toppings on top. But apparently the actual recipe is different. I don't know if it's just the recipe or if it's a different supplier. I'm hoping that they'll taste closer to Tim Horton's muffins which are really more like cakes in muffin shape.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5441 posts
239 upvotes
Calgary
seems like mcds has stepped up their muffin game, they are much better now..but also raised price to $2.50 for large coffee and muffin (Alberta). it's a justified increase cause their old muffins were terrible...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
I taste tested the new muffin (blueberry to be exact) a few months ago. At the time during the taste test, they were delicious - freshly baked, soft and warm and full of good flavour. I will have to see next time I'm at mcds if it's the same muffin that's out now.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14180 posts
988 upvotes
I've had them fresh before. They are so vastly different from regular. Who doesn't like fresh baked goods?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5799 posts
757 upvotes
Mississauga
The one I taste tested a few months ago, blueberry, was slightly different. Better.

The top wasn't as crunchy and had some garnishing(? Not sure if that is the word) on top -. This one out on the market is crunchier on top.

The one I tried, was softer, but maybe because it was fresh out of the oven. This one is soft, but towards the bottom of the muffin got harder .

The one I had a as more flavourful then the one out today.

I guess MCDs took the concensus of everyone who taste tested the muffin.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18603 posts
2108 upvotes
Poormond Hill
sillysimms wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 1:46 pm

Now you know why a Large Coffee and a Muffin has gone up 20¢ to $2.55.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7164 posts
719 upvotes
GTA
sandikosh wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 12:24 pm
Now you know why a Large Coffee and a Muffin has gone up 20¢ to $2.55.
Yep, as I mentioned above, on Friday the small came to $2.09 instead of $1.88 (base price is $1.99 now).

I was at the Brookfield location and their prices in the past had sometimes been 10 cents more than Yonge/Adelaide location but they are keeping the standard price for now.

Maybe it was because it was the end of the day, but I didn't find the muffin very good. It was hard in places and the base stuck to the paper. Seemed overcooked.
Never say never
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
2964 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
sillysimms wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 3:48 pm
Yep, as I mentioned above, on Friday the small came to $2.09 instead of $1.88 (base price is $1.99 now).

I was at the Brookfield location and their prices in the past had sometimes been 10 cents more than Yonge/Adelaide location but they are keeping the standard price for now.

Maybe it was because it was the end of the day, but I didn't find the muffin very good. It was hard in places and the base stuck to the paper. Seemed overcooked.
most of the time is overbaked but this morning my one was underbaked. it was still raw inside.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13184 posts
2696 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
You killed a 20 piece?

Beast
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13735 posts
2301 upvotes
Toronto
The muffins are made by Quaker. That's what the commercials on tv are saying.
Jun 21, 2016
974 posts
342 upvotes
blueberry and orange cranberry muffins taste amazing

i dont drink coffee so i just get the muffin
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel