Locked: If you have a choice: Do not go to UofT

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 12:11 am
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2595 posts
72 upvotes
Barton03 wrote:Excellent post.

It's like they've never been to a social gathering before. You'll see some males wearing jeans or khakis with a sweater on when everyone else is wearing a business suit! C'mon, they stand out like a sore thumb! The students at those events ask the stupidest questions (ie "So, how much can I make per year? Do you like your job? Please describe a typical day at your vocation?) WTF??? C'mon -- please speak casual english, not something you read form a textbook!

It's those students that make UT Commerce a bad name. And regrettably, there are many of them...and before I even have the chance to open my mouth, the recruiters probably have already made up their minds who they will pick (execs) so this year, I'm an exec hoping that I can stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Don't forget the one's wearing dark dress pants, with white socks....hahaha..
those crack me up......almost as much as the white socks and running shoes with dress pants....
Don't UofT teach business etiquettes?

I'll probably bump into you at this year's informational session for my firm. I should be there, if I am not travelling out of town that week....
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1268 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
I would go for Electrical Engineering, they get lots of research grants and they have great labs with new equipment. Of course my high school and college grades were only in the mid 80's, so I wasn't good enough for the program..

I'm not sure about the rest of the U-T programs offered, but that was the only one I was interested in..
Aug 12, 2005
209 posts
23 upvotes
lazarus wrote:I would go for Electrical Engineering, they get lots of research grants and they have great labs with new equipment. Of course my high school and college grades were only in the mid 80's, so I wasn't good enough for the program..

I'm not sure about the rest of the U-T programs offered, but that was the only one I was interested in..
How is mid-80s not good enough? If I got into EngSci with a 90, surely mid-80s is pretty close to the cutoff for Electrical Engineering?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1268 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
Coolin wrote:How is mid-80s not good enough? If I got into EngSci with a 90, surely mid-80s is pretty close to the cutoff for Electrical Engineering?
Well apparently not.. I think they only used my college grades and since the Program I took at Niagara was complete crap, I'm sure they ruled me out on that alone.. I sent them my OAC grades and (HS transcript, but I did that on my own while the college grades were sent through some company..)

Ottawa and McMaster turned me down also.. lol
I should have paid more attention and called the registrar, but U-T was choice #1, and Laval excepted me right away (choice #2) so I didn't really care about U-Ottawa or McMaster ..
Mar 6, 2015
133 posts
3 upvotes
12 years bump. Is this topic still true?
Jan 8, 2009
586 posts
250 upvotes
GTA
cybercavalier wrote:
May 14th, 2017 5:23 am
12 years bump. Is this topic still true?
I really wish you would stop bumping hugely old threads. If you have questions, then ask them, but make your own new threads. Your current way, you're basically just spamming the student forum.
Mar 6, 2015
133 posts
3 upvotes
jrbb0309 wrote:
May 14th, 2017 4:28 pm
I really wish you would stop bumping hugely old threads. If you have questions, then ask them, but make your own new threads. Your current way, you're basically just spamming the student forum.
I was asking... If you have a choice NOW, 12 years away from the past, would you -- the readers -- recommend going to UofT?

Why shall the same topic be positioned in different threads? Putting them together helps the readers and posters be more informed when the unnecessary steps in searching the whole forum would not be needed.
Jul 10, 2012
277 posts
269 upvotes
TORONTO
cybercavalier wrote:
May 14th, 2017 7:28 pm
I was asking... If you have a choice NOW, 12 years away from the past, would you -- the readers -- recommend going to UofT?

Why shall the same topic be positioned in different threads? Putting them together helps the readers and posters be more informed when the unnecessary steps in searching the whole forum would not be needed.
Well, i can say the courses at uoft at least for life sci is getting easier for the past few years. Take PSL300/301 for example.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel