Of course not.
What makes you think that every business would have to do so?
What makes you think that every business is suffering?
Because the guy who refuses to show his books says such is the case?
Cool story bro!
Jan 22nd, 2018 8:56 pm
Of course not.
Jan 23rd, 2018 5:33 pm
Instead of fighting against the change, the business owners should work on ways to adapt, as the project has already proven itself to be the way of the future. Here's why.
The King streetcar route is the busiest in the city, with 65,000 people travelling on it every day. In comparison, before the pilot project was introduced, just 20,000 car riders took the route daily. A better experience for public transit users means a better experience for the majority.
Unlike many other public transit changes in the city, such as the Spadina subway extension, the shift to the pilot project didn't cost millions over budget or come into effect years after the expected date. In fact, it took just one weekend to set it up, requiring only some signs and barriers.
Carbone and others have tried to make the case that many businesses in the area are hurting. In reality, many are doing just as well, and their owners have expressed public support for the project.
King Street is open, but the time where business owners could bully the city is hopefully coming to a close. If these businesses can't keep up with the changing city, so be it. They shouldn't be allowed to drag commuters down with them.
Jan 24th, 2018 10:17 am
Jan 24th, 2018 11:14 am
It would make it much more confusing and dangerous.
Jan 24th, 2018 1:53 pm
Seriously stop with the guesswork.gr8dlr wrote: ↑Jan 24th, 2018 10:17 amSo how many of the 65,000 who travel on King St take the streetcar primarily at " weekday rush hour" ie between the hours of 7:30am and 9am and 4pm to 6pm.
I would likely guess it's well over 90% over a span of 4 hours, the other 10% travel over 20 hours. So where is the harm in making it time controlled?
For those who point out that it can't be done and that drivers/cars can't adjust....We already have no left turn restrictions at certain times. Jarvis used (not sure if this is still the case) to have is lane directions controls at different times. ie north at one time and south at another time. This is all the business owners are asking for.
Jan 24th, 2018 2:04 pm
Feb 19th, 2018 4:24 pm
Jul 20th, 2018 9:35 pm
Jul 21st, 2018 11:42 am
Don't think Carbone is doing this to win.... It'll give him opportunity to get into debates and to push the conversation on King St. I'm not a fan of his but I'm not a fan of Joe Cressy who is one of those career politician types who actually never built anything or understands reality as he's pro give everything to everyone without acknowledging that someone has to pay for it.tk1000 wrote: ↑Jul 20th, 2018 9:35 pmThe man behind the King St. ice sculpture that gave the middle finger to the transit pilot project there is running for city councillor in Ward 20.
Al Carbone, owner of Kit Kat restaurant on King St., to run for council in Ward 20
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/ ... rd-20.html
Nov 13th, 2018 2:00 pm
Nov 13th, 2018 3:01 pm
Funny story IMO.
Nov 14th, 2018 3:07 pm
Nov 14th, 2018 10:28 pm
Nov 15th, 2018 12:05 am
Nov 16th, 2018 5:57 am
Uh... no? People living in the city do not care about the kids commuting in from their parents' basements in the suburbs - the streets are for public transit, for pedestrians, and for people actually living in the city.