Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21705 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto

Ihob

What is up with iHop? A name change...why?

Last edited by playnicee1 on Jun 25th, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
international house of breakfast

so obvious
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Looks stupid to me. Everyone knows IHOP and what it is. Why bother changing it?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21705 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote: Looks stupid to me. Everyone knows IHOP and what it is. Why bother changing it?
Breakfast does make the most sense. I now suspect they have a new breakfast menu coming
and they want people to know they have more than just pancakes...(?)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
playnicee1 wrote: Breakfast does make the most sense. I now suspect they have a new breakfast menu coming
and they want people to know they have more than just pancakes...(?)
Everybody knows they have more than just pancakes (they always have). Seems like a desperate measure to me.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
lecale wrote: International house...

LOL

IHOB's marketing team needs to be more thorough. Makes the red "smile" line look so much worse.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21705 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote: Everybody knows they have more than just pancakes (they always have). Seems like a desperate measure to me.
Really? I never knew that. I thought they were just a pancake house. A place to go and eat pancakes.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
IMO this is a publicity campaign. We wouldn't be speaking about IHOP if they didn't put this story out there.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21705 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: IMO this is a publicity campaign.
Quite possibly.
While Breakfast is an excellent guess, singing "Yum" perhaps makes it equally easy to guess "B" is for Bacon...something major they're doing with bacon maybe?

Mar 15, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
I never knew what Ihop stood for, and I'm sure many will say the same thing. So I'm not sure why Ihob would resonate more with the average customer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
playnicee1 wrote: Really? I never knew that. I thought they were just a pancake house. A place to go and eat pancakes.
Okay, anyone who has actually been in an IHOP would realize their menu is not limited to pancakes (I can't think of any place that only serves pancakes). Anyone who hasn't been in an IHOP in all the years it has been around to know that, probably isn't interested in trying IHOP under any other name either.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21705 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote: Burgers
Okay, sorry for the doubt earlier in this thread. I managed to find this:

" a strong case can also be made for “burgers.”
According to Mashable, a Reddit user named “lumpsr” responded to a thread called “Any employees willing to spill the beans on the whole IHOb deal?” and claimed that the restaurant is gearing up to debut a new line of burgers.
“It’s about burgers. We’re coming out with a line of 100 percent Black Angus beef, hand pressed burgers. Had training on them this week and, I have to say, they’re pretty good,” the Reddit user alleged, according to Mashable.

Source: https://nypost.com/2018/06/07/alleged-i ... g-of-ihob/
Jan 30, 2013
57 posts
17 upvotes
It gotta be B for Breakfast... i can't associate IHOP to anything other than salty breakfast ham...
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Burgers...it was on the news. It's burgers.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote: What is up with iHop? A name change...why?
IHOb now stands for International House of Burgers, a tweet from the company confirmed Monday.

But the change might not be permanent. A release from the company said the letter "p" in IHOP was flipped "for the time being."

The change is actually to celebrate the restaurant's new line of burgers. Called "ultimate steakburgers," there are seven for customers to choose from, including a "Big Brunch" burger that comes topped with bacon, a fried egg and potato, and a "Cowboy BBQ" burger topped with onion rings.

from http://www.newsweek.com/ihop-becoming-i ... kes-969504
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
international house of...blatant marketing gimic
It's only a marketing campaign. IHOP isn't changing its name. But the chain of breakfast diners took social media by storm last week with the cryptic announcement that it was flipping the lowercase "p" in its logo and making it a "b."
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe they can make pancake burgers!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)