• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2018 9:09 am
Tags:
None
Jan 30, 2013
57 posts
17 upvotes
It gotta be B for Breakfast... i can't associate IHOP to anything other than salty breakfast ham...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4732 posts
1692 upvotes
Burgers...it was on the news. It's burgers.
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8360 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 5:33 pm
What is up with iHop? A name change...why?
IHOb now stands for International House of Burgers, a tweet from the company confirmed Monday.

But the change might not be permanent. A release from the company said the letter "p" in IHOP was flipped "for the time being."

The change is actually to celebrate the restaurant's new line of burgers. Called "ultimate steakburgers," there are seven for customers to choose from, including a "Big Brunch" burger that comes topped with bacon, a fried egg and potato, and a "Cowboy BBQ" burger topped with onion rings.

from http://www.newsweek.com/ihop-becoming-i ... kes-969504
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7700 posts
2081 upvotes
Toronto
international house of...blatant marketing gimic
It's only a marketing campaign. IHOP isn't changing its name. But the chain of breakfast diners took social media by storm last week with the cryptic announcement that it was flipping the lowercase "p" in its logo and making it a "b."
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1028 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe they can make pancake burgers!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5709 posts
1302 upvotes
Markham
They want to compete with McD, Burger King, Wendy's, and all of the other regional burger "chains". IMO, this will be a disaster. Leaving your "bread and butter" for a new playground which is already heavily congested is going to be a death knell. Their forte is breakfast, they should double down and improve their breakfast offerings ALL DAY [IHO"B"reakfast].
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13462 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 12:10 pm
They want to compete with McD, Burger King, Wendy's, and all of the other regional burger "chains". IMO, this will be a disaster. Leaving your "bread and butter" for a new playground which is already heavily congested is going to be a death knell. Their forte is breakfast, they should double down and improve their breakfast offerings ALL DAY [IHO"B"reakfast].
International house of Bankrupt. lol
Seriously though, I think they thought it through carefully.
The breakfast items are still available. The burgers are just an add on, like adding a cherry to an ice cream sundae.
It's not like they abandoned everything in favour of these burgers.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12469 posts
573 upvotes
They are trying to attract a more business in the evenings.

I can see their next ad campaign cycling through food and drinks that start with the letter B as it pans over a slow motion closeup of said item.
Ihobeer
Ihobourbon
Ihobacon
Ihoburgers
Ihobreakfast-all day

And they will flip it back around in the ad where they say don't forget the ihoPancakes but it will be more of a dessert item. Maybe smaller cakes with Whipped cream and fresh fruits as they slowly drizzle syrup on it.

Sounds like an international house of fun to me.

I grew up eating brunch with the family at IHOP so I have very fond memories of the company.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7700 posts
2081 upvotes
Toronto
this whole gimmick has caused quite a flap jack
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9143 posts
1830 upvotes
I wish there were some IHOPs in the GTA.

Confused Face
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13462 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 9:02 am
I wish there were some IHOPs in the GTA.

Confused Face
It amazes me that they have not taken over Golden Griddle. One less pancake place to compete with would be a good opportunity for them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9143 posts
1830 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 5:04 pm
It amazes me that they have not taken over Golden Griddle. One less pancake place to compete with would be a good opportunity for them.
All the Golden Griddles locally anyway seem to be gone also?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)