Shopping Discussion

Ikea Bedroom Event Frequency

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 6:08 pm
Jul 30, 2008
939 posts
54 upvotes

Ikea Bedroom Event Frequency

Does anyone know how often the bedroom event happens at Ikea? they had it last month, and trying to figure out if it would happen again in a couple of months, 6 months, or next year. I just moved, so I could not take advantage of last month's deal, but the bed I want was alone discounted by $70+tax.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2695 posts
591 upvotes
North York
just looked at my emails, haven't been on their list for long but I have the dates as:
2017: February 6 - 27
2016: April 18 – May 16
2013: May 27 – June 17

Bathroom event follows a similar pattern of once a year, the kitchen events are twice a year.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Their large "events" (Bedroom - Bathroom - Kitchen) all happen 2 to 3 times a year. If you miss one, my best advice is "make do" until the next one comes along if you are looking for big ticket items... You will save somewhere in the 15% to 25% range for doing so. Decent, for a store that otherwise rarely puts item on sale (the exception to this rule is late Summer, when they clear out items that won't be in the next Annual September catalogue... The old "start the car" commercial)
Jul 30, 2008
939 posts
54 upvotes
Hmm, so it looks as though it looks like one of you is pointing to the event happening about once a year, and the other saying it's 2-3x/year.

Yeah, I stand to save quite a bit from the event, which is why I'm hoping to go during an event, though I also can't live with just my mattress and no supporting bed stuff in the bedroom for a year (a 2-3 month wait is different though).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
At least twice per year. If you go to the chain's Facebook page, you'll see at least two photos with bedroom furniture. So in winter (Jan or Feb) and fall (Sept or Oct).
I know my sibling got PAX wardrobe items when a bedroom event was on (late summer or fall in 2009) because he had two rooms to install the wardrobes in.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
May 17, 2010
345 posts
325 upvotes
ottawa, ontario
Ikea's bedroom event started today May 1st and ends at the end of the month. 15% off bedframes... by the way Ikea also has a 90-day price adjustment policy if you have a "family membership" which is a free membership.
Mar 8, 2004
216 posts
6 upvotes
Does Ikea Bedroom Event include storage like dressers? Like Malm series?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MattAu wrote: Does Ikea Bedroom Event include storage like dressers? Like Malm series?
Yes... and No

The event always includes beds & mattresses.
Then whatever IKEA decides to put on sale along side to “complement” the bedroom
Dressers, PAX Wardrobes, Underbed Storage, Reading Lamps, Bedding & Linens, Decor etc
(If you Google - IKEA Bedroom Event - you can find Images of past flyers)

The Bedroom Event comes around a few times a year
In recent years it has happened in February, May and again in the Fall.

If you are thinking about a specific item, I say wait another couple of weeks, as it may be on sale
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
MattAu wrote: Does Ikea Bedroom Event include storage like dressers? Like Malm series?
Usually it's included, however the discounts in the past would apply after spending a certain minimum.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know if their armchairs go through a sale cycle? Or is there some generic sale where you get cash back?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
jeeva86 wrote: Anyone know if their armchairs go through a sale cycle? Or is there some generic sale where you get cash back?
Likely when the living room sofas are on sale. I know one of the sales falls around end of Nov-early Dec. for living room furniture. Probably there is a sale coming up soon.

Now, if the armchair you mean is a dining room item, then you'd have to wait for the kitchen or dining room sale.

Best advice is to sign for Ikea e-mails-you will get 2 or 3 per week but at least you will know what the current sale is about.
And if you shop lots at Ikea, get the Ikea Family program card/key tag and you can get monthly deals at Ikea Family prices.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Is their one coming up need to buy a trundle bed and couple night stands and possible a new bed
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Is their one coming up need to buy a trundle bed and couple night stands and possible a new bed
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Does anyone knows when the next event is gonna be need to buy a trundle bed king size bed and nightstands would love to save some money too
Love saving money......
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
anybody have an idea of when the next sale is? looking to buy a crib matress
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
riseagainstthemachine wrote: anybody have an idea of when the next sale is? looking to buy a crib matress
PointsHubby wrote: Yes... and No

The event always includes beds & mattresses.
Then whatever IKEA decides to put on sale along side to “complement” the bedroom
Dressers, PAX Wardrobes, Underbed Storage, Reading Lamps, Bedding & Linens, Decor etc
(If you Google - IKEA Bedroom Event - you can find Images of past flyers)

The Bedroom Event comes around a few times a year
In recent years it has happened in February, May and again in the Fall.

If you are thinking about a specific item, I say wait another couple of weeks, as it may be on sale
UPDATE - to my post of 1-1/2 years ago

Events now seem to happen Spring & Fall.

And IKEA has changed their strategy / line up since 2016.

They now rotate their sales to one including bedroom storage and the other bed stuff.

So not sure if you’ll find mattresses as part of the sale in September.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
PointsHubby wrote: UPDATE - to my post of 1-1/2 years ago

Events now seem to happen Spring & Fall.

And IKEA has changed their strategy / line up since 2016.

They now rotate their sales to one including bedroom storage and the other bed stuff.

So not sure if you’ll find mattresses as part of the sale in September.
damn ok, well thanks for the info!!
Got that FIDO account!
Dec 16, 2017
207 posts
229 upvotes
Hope it's ok to revive this thread rather than start a new one. Does anyone know if the bedroom events still typically happen in Spring & Fall. Looks like the last one was August 27 - September 23 2020 (ikea-bedroom-event-up-15-off-beds-2398966/), so it would be logical to think that the next one could be around March. Anyone care to weigh in on the possibility of this, especially with COVID throwing everything off? Need to get a full bedroom set, so if the event is only a month or so away, I can wait.

On a related note, if I do end up buying before the next event, I think I read somewhere that IKEA's price protection policy is 45 days, is that right? I can't seem to find any information about this on their website.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Sazerac wrote: Hope it's ok to revive this thread rather than start a new one. Does anyone know if the bedroom events still typically happen in Spring & Fall. Looks like the last one was August 27 - September 23 2020 (ikea-bedroom-event-up-15-off-beds-2398966/), so it would be logical to think that the next one could be around March. Anyone care to weigh in on the possibility of this, especially with COVID throwing everything off? Need to get a full bedroom set, so if the event is only a month or so away, I can wait.

On a related note, if I do end up buying before the next event, I think I read somewhere that IKEA's price protection policy is 45 days, is that right? I can't seem to find any information about this on their website.
1- Still Spring-ish & Fall-ish
In 2020 ... so since Covid the two events were held
May 1st to June 10th
And then August 27th to September 23rd
(Both were listed on RFD)
As I said in Reply # 16 above, sometimes the focus of each event tho can differ

2- Price Protection
This used to be a perk of the Ikea Family Loyalty Program (90 Days)
I don’t see it listed any more
And a search of the Ikea Canada website turned up squat

Looks like it’s just a perk in some other places (like the .com website )