• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2016 11:15 pm
[OP]
Feb 3, 2012
36 posts
18 upvotes
Richmond

[IKEA] Cyber Monday free shipping when spending over $350 online

IKEA is offering free shipping and pick-up and order point when placing an online order that is over $350. This can be fairly warm if purchasing a $400~$500 furniture that typically requires a $79-$99+ flat shipping fee.
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
1906 posts
182 upvotes
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it free shipping to your home for non-furniture items and free shipping to the pickup / order point for furniture items? That's what the past couple Ikea sales have been.

If this is free shipping to home for furniture, then it's quite hot for Ikea. I want some new Billy bookcases but there is no way I'm paying $99 delivery and they won't fit in my hatchback.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2012
36 posts
18 upvotes
Richmond
I just ordered a Hemnes bed with free truck shipping to my home so furniture is good to go =). The earliest shipping date for me is Dec. 17 though.
Last edited by Sundere on Nov 28th, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1027 posts
558 upvotes
Laval, QC
"*Offer valid on Monday, November 28, 2016, for delivery in Canada only, excluding Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. Minimum purchase of $350 required to qualify, excluding taxes, delivery and any other services. Free shipping offer valid only on orders placed online for delivery or destined to a Pick-up and Order Point / Collection Point. Offer does not apply to Click and Collect orders picked up in store. Cannot be combined with other promotional offers or apply to previous purchases, gift card purchases or orders placed in store/Pick-up and Order Points. While supplies last, no rain checks. Not all products are available online."

Didn't mention furniture is excluded.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
1906 posts
182 upvotes
Sundere wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 1:21 pm
I just ordered a Hemnes bed with free truck shipping to my home so furniture is good to go =). The earliest shipping date for me is Dec. 17 though.
Nice! Thanks going to order a set of billy bookcases
Nov 26, 2008
285 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Free shipping isn't a bad option;

$99.99 delivery is a good deal, to your place, assuming they'll bring it up to your condo too (my case)

15% off the bed frame I want (when they do the events) is less then $100 bucks in savings, plus I need to haul and break my back moving the boxes up to my place.
Apr 5, 2005
138 posts
2 upvotes
I noticed they increased the prices on some sofas I was looking at, so it's not really a deal.
Jan 20, 2013
103 posts
10 upvotes
Pretty lame deal. Unless you need a brand new kitchen or furniture set. Even then, seems like you have to wait at least 2+ weeks for them to deliver it.

I need some smaller things like a curtain rod and towel hanger. They want to charge me $20 for shipping. Forget it.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1004 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ordered a mattress. Good to get free delivery.... I dont think Ikea mattresses go on sell that often anyways... Even if they do , they go max 10 or 15% but then I need to pay shipping...
All other places.. Sears, Brcik , Sleep Country you need to do a hell lot of bargaining on mattresses...so I am happy I avoided it... It is a mid range mattress...

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80307317/
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel