Expired Hot Deals

[IKEA] IKEA Dinnerware - Tempered Glass

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 9:08 pm
Oct 18, 2010
162 posts
140 upvotes
I wonder why they don't make them in black anymore.
Dec 10, 2012
857 posts
496 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Main difference between this and Correlle is that these are smooth only on the inside face. Correlle also has a more rounded edge making them less prone to chipping.

My only grip is when either ones breaks, they explode into tiny sharp pieces.
Apr 1, 2017
903 posts
1454 upvotes
Dukman wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 7:23 pm
It's true, but I never knew about it. I think they would make a great replacement for my stoneware set which weighs a ton. They look very lightweight.
Highly recommend. My family reach for them almost all the time now since they're so light.

I appreciate OP posting. Though at regular price, this is still a great deal compared to alternatives and not many people know Ikea carries these.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2572 posts
1504 upvotes
shorfd wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:51 pm
OMG totally! Lol I ended up 'splurging' on a few 28oz Corelle bowl for $7 each just for instant noodles... but at least they are the perfect size.
I have been waiting for these to go on sale and your post prompted me to look for a sale. Walmart has a 3 pack on sale for $14.97 ($6 off):

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/corelle-bo ... 0189531442
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7644 posts
1515 upvotes
Not even close... Had a clean one out of the dish washer and putting in back on to of a stack of others, may had put it down just a bit harder than I should and it cracked.

Wasn't trying to be forceful at all, definitely not slam dunking it into the cabinet and create more work for myself but that small impact had cracked it.

Could be just a bad one since it hasn't happened to others but we had corelle that are decades old and exposed to the same level of treatments and handling but they are still in one piece.
xdreamoz wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:20 pm
Is the durability of these similar to Correlle?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jun 27, 2018
49 posts
31 upvotes
Just a word of caution. If this happen to break, it scatter like car windshield and sharp edges. We had it for almost a year, once an accident happened which was pretty bad. Considering the kids at home, we dumbed all and purchased Corningware. There strength is nowhere close to Correll.