[IKEA] IKEA fixa hammer drill cordless Coquitlam $20 now - down from $65

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2017 10:14 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2017
15 posts
22 upvotes

[IKEA] IKEA fixa hammer drill cordless Coquitlam $20 now - down from $65

Found this little hammer drill/ drill on clearance at IKEA Coquitlam. Not sure if other locations are clearing this out. Was $65 now $20.
I have no clue if it's a decent drill but for the price I'm giving it a go.
Images
  • IMG_4809.JPG
11 replies
Apr 30, 2007
835 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
A pretty good review for a similar IKEA drill

Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1554 posts
535 upvotes
KINGSTON
I believe there was a thread a couple months ago discussing this drill.
Think of it in context of Ikea furniture. Looks good, but not built to last. If you plan on drilling more than half a dozen holes, buy a real hammer drill, then sell it as "almost new".
From an environmental standpoint, I think this a a terrible tool.
Jun 6, 2011
94 posts
68 upvotes
Victoria, BC
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 8:17 pm
Think of it in context of Ikea furniture. Looks good, but not built to last. If you plan on drilling more than half a dozen holes, buy a real hammer drill, then sell it as "almost new".
I agree. If you need it for more than a couple of holes then either buy a real one or rent one; you could even upgrade to renting a rotary hammer.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2188 posts
685 upvotes
yoyogu wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 7:31 pm
A pretty good review for a similar IKEA drill

That guys is awesome - love his teardowns!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6714 posts
829 upvotes
BC
MrFrugal1 wrote:
This is the old thread, if anyone was curious: ikea-sds-hammer-drill-home-use-etobicok ... y-2106332/

That thread also included this video of the actual drill in question:
Dec 27, 2011
956 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Honestly, for any project that requires heavy duty tools the best options are almost always to rent, or to buy on craiglist, use, and sell on craigslist.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1554 posts
535 upvotes
KINGSTON
joeyjones6 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 8:38 pm
I agree. If you need it for more than a couple of holes then either buy a real one or rent one; you could even upgrade to renting a rotary hammer.
Rotary hammers, FTW!
I recently bit the bullet and bought a Bosch rotary hammer drill, and the first time I used it, I had to ask myself why was I dicking around with a regular hammer drill? It was to the point where I apotheosized to friends and neighbours.
Feb 16, 2013
321 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
I hate to sound like an ass but just buy/borrow/rent or steal an SDS drill. Night and day between SDS and non-SDS for concrete.
Mar 12, 2016
664 posts
96 upvotes
The price for a real hammer drill is pretty nice. How about it compared to the Ryobi hammer drill?