Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

Ikea House Party

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2019 4:31 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 12, 2019
327 posts
442 upvotes

[IKEA] Ikea House Party

Looks like they're having their first house party for the launch of their new speaker partnership with Sonos.

See SYMFONISK in action at IKEA’s first House Party, exclusive for IKEA Family members. Come for the music and food, and stay for the fun activities! Space is limited, register now. IKEA Family members can bring one guest.
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Which store is this held? All I see on that page is:
Looks like there aren’t any events right now. Try another store or come back soon – we’re adding new events all the time!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26212 posts
39746 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - The North York location is sold out for this event
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9309 upvotes
sprung wrote: FYI - The North York location is sold out for this event
Great. I guess time to register for the Vaughan event.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9309 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Let us know how it was when it's over.
Will do. Too bad you can't make it. :(
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1045 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
North York has no mention of food in the description, I signed up for Vaughan, lol.

IKEA NORTH YORK
See SYMFONISK in action at IKEA’s first House Party, exclusive for IKEA Family members. Come for the experience and fun activities! Friday August 16, 9:30 – 11:30 pm. All attendees should meet at the front entrance by 9:30pm. IKEA Family members can bring one guest.

IKEA VAUGHAN
IKEA House Party
See SYMFONISK in action at IKEA’s first House Party, exclusive for IKEA Family members. Come for the music and food, and stay for the fun activities! Friday August 16, 9:30 – 11:30 pm. IKEA Family members can bring one guest.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Different stores have different nights for their events.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Registered here in Winnipeg ... :)

"You’ve registered for the following workshops and events. We’re looking forward to seeing you!

IKEA House Party

IKEA WINNIPEG

See SYMFONISK in action at IKEA’s first House Party, exclusive for IKEA Family members. Come for the music and food, and stay for the fun activities! Friday August 16, 9:30 – 11:30 pm.

The Fun begins at 9pm at the entrance to the store where the Big Heist Brass Band will set the tone.

Family Members attending will be able to make purchases.

This is an all ages event. Alcholic beverages will be available proof of age will be required."

From OP:
IKEA Family members can bring one guest.

Is this automatic Canada-wide? ... or not all the stores are like that?
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
722 upvotes
Etobicoke is full. No big deal, starts at 930! Wowzers.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9309 upvotes
This is today. Anyone going to the Vaughan store?

RFD meet?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1426 posts
786 upvotes
Edmonton
Please let us know what we can expect. Starts in 1.5 hours in Edmonton. :)
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm done with North York party. There have been a few games, a soda sample and the store open. Nothing spectacular or I had high hopes. No alcohol!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
cheapboy69 wrote: Apparently there's free alcohol Astonished Face
Sleep it off in one of their beds then assist customers first thing in morning in lieu of thanks.
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1426 posts
786 upvotes
Edmonton
Kinda lame party. There was some live entertainment in the restaurant area. Meatballs, popcorn, candy (including Swedish berries), juice, coffee, tea. Alcohol was $5. Wander around to play games for a rainbow bag. Scavenger hunt to enter for the draw of that speaker lamp. However, upon leaving everyone got a swag bag. Us ladies got a sparkly tote bag and the men got a large taffeta(?) shopping bag. What we got included garbage bag clips, candles, a nice jar and an ice cube tray. If they have this again, the swag bag would be worth it if you live nearby.
Photo on Aug-16-19 at 11.32 PM.jpg
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
cheapboy69 wrote: Apparently there's free alcohol Astonished Face
There was no free booze here in Winnipeg ... Food was decent .. with free tea / coffee, pop etc ... but beer and other alcohol wasn't free.

Was given out some freebies - phone holders ($2 worth or so ... nice wooden ones ... given out if you take pics ... - then at the end they gave my mom and me 2 more ... so we got 3 each in total ....), on the way out ... we were given a bottle of sparkling juice each ... I think it's good stuff ... I got some linden-berries (or something like that - Swedish berries) and my mother's was sparkling pear i think.

AND .... There was a draw at the end ... for tickets that we had chance to drop in envelops .... something like 3 types of speakers were up for grabs ... 4 of each or so ...

So something like 12 in total ... 4 Symfonisk Bluetooth Wi-Fi speakers (retailing for something like $150 each), 4 other kind (black) and 3 other kind white (those two were non Wi-Fi i think .. retailing for $100 each or so) ...

I got / was really lucky ... and WON .. a Symfonisk Bluetooth Wi-Fi speaker (retailing for something like $150) ... Won it on a last call -- this one was the last item up for grabs in a draw :)

So quite happy with the party ... and the Winning of quality item / grand prize.

Pics later ... tired now ... just arrived not long ago.

P.S.

Oh ya ... there was Live Band playing all along ... outside before the party started .. and then inside ... in the restaurant etc :)

Played pretty cool modern jazz etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)