Hot Deals

[IKEA] IKEA Kitchen Sale is Back July 10 to August 14!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 12:53 am
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
149 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto

[IKEA] IKEA Kitchen Sale is Back July 10 to August 14!!

Hi all,

I'm planning a small kitchen renovation using Ikea Cabinets and have been waiting for the Kitchen Event to get some cash back.
Ikea already has very well priced and modern looking cabinets so it will be nice to get an even bigger discount.

***UPDATE: THE KITCHEN EVENT IS NOW LIVE from July 10 to August 14

Same as last event
10% off your entire kitchen purchase
15% off when purchasing 1 or 2 appliances
20% off when purchasing 3 appliances
Cash back is in the form of Ikea Gift Cards

Edit: Sale discount is included with countertop purchases

Thanks ciuvak and ChaosR for the following tip
If you aren't purchasing appliances, you can add 3 x LUFTIG Vented extractor fan for the reduced price of $45 in order to be eligible for the 20% off!!!
EDIT: YMMW
IKEA changed this loophole so the minimum appliance purchase must be at least $1000 to get 20% off, however I just ordered my kitchen today and got 20% off by purchasing the LUGTIG hoods!
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 4th, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: retailer edit
107 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3818 posts
557 upvotes
Thanks, I was waiting for this too. I live in a condo and my kitchen is small but it still has the original/ugly melamine cabinets. I want to redo the whole thing, counters included. I've already ripped the crappy linoleum floor and bought ceramic tiles.

That said, if anyone has preparation tips (do you just measure? take pics? videos?) before actually going to IKEA, it would be appreciated.
Jan 12, 2008
785 posts
94 upvotes
I've been looking at IKEA cabinets as well. My new apt is newer but I just hate the cabinet fronts. I dont really want to spend a lot. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success or experience retrofitting non-ikea euro style cabinets with the IKEA hinges/dampeners/door fronts? It would cut my costs by a lot.
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
149 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
JustBob wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 4:47 pm
Thanks, I was waiting for this too. I live in a condo and my kitchen is small but it still has the original/ugly melamine cabinets. I want to redo the whole thing, counters included. I've already ripped the crappy linoleum floor and bought ceramic tiles.

That said, if anyone has preparation tips (do you just measure? take pics? videos?) before actually going to IKEA, it would be appreciated.
Ikea has some services available. You can pay them to come to your home and measure/design it for you. There is also a 2 hour consulting service for like $150 or something.
I recommend just measuring your kitchen yourself and using the IKEA Kitchen Planner website.
Just ensure you use the correct measurements and play around with the website. The website will compile the material list and pricing. When you are ready you just take your plan to Ikea and have someone look over it before confirming the purchase.
Countertops are priced well also and includes measurement /installation from Ikea. You may need to go in store to look at the various options
Lastly, Ikea has some booklets that are helpful that lists all of the materials, cabinets, handles, faucets, sinks, fronts, finishes, etc that is very helpful with planning
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3995 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
pleebent wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 5:09 pm
Ikea has some services available. You can pay them to come to your home and measure/design it for you. There is also a 2 hour consulting service for like $150 or something.
I recommend just measuring your kitchen yourself and using the IKEA Kitchen Planner website.
Just ensure you use the correct measurements and play around with the website. The website will compile the material list and pricing. When you are ready you just take your plan to Ikea and have someone look over it before confirming the purchase.
Countertops are priced well also and includes measurement /installation from Ikea. You may need to go in store to look at the various options
Lastly, Ikea has some booklets that are helpful that lists all of the materials, cabinets, handles, faucets, sinks, fronts, finishes, etc that is very helpful with planning
so the quote for the quartz countertop in their brochure covers installation?
For sale:
2016 Hyundai Sonata 29k km Mint $22k PM for details
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3818 posts
557 upvotes
pleebent,

Thanks a bunch. I'll measure everything and start playing around with the Kitchen Planner.
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
149 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 6:26 pm
so the quote for the quartz countertop in their brochure covers installation?
Yes is does! its not a bad price at all as it is by Linear Feet.
Only thing is the minimum order is 12 Linear Feet.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
3995 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
pleebent wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 7:16 pm
Yes is does! its not a bad price at all as it is by Linear Feet.
Only thing is the minimum order is 12 Linear Feet.
do you know if sink cutout / installation is apart of it too? can't find any info about this haha
For sale:
2016 Hyundai Sonata 29k km Mint $22k PM for details
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
149 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 7:51 pm
do you know if sink cutout / installation is apart of it too? can't find any info about this haha
Yes it is included. no worries, i must have visited Ikea like 4 times in the past month to ask these same questions!
Feb 12, 2009
201 posts
11 upvotes
North York
Does anyone know if they customer countertops?

If I were to change my countertops can I just buy theirs and install at home myself?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2753 posts
811 upvotes
AB
simce9 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:40 pm
If I were to change my countertops can I just buy theirs and install at home myself?
You can buy anything that has a part number. So if, for example, you'd like to buy one or two slabs of the laminate countertop, just get an order created at the kitchen area -> bring it downstairs and pay at the checkout -> pick it up. I did that a few times. Replaced my old countertop for under $200. Looks great, to me at least :)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3818 posts
557 upvotes
pleebent wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 8:28 pm
Yes it is included. no worries, i must have visited Ikea like 4 times in the past month to ask these same questions!
Awesome, now you're saving all of us time! :)

I just checked and I have 13 feet of countertop (3 separate sections). So I guess I'm good with the min. of 12 feet.
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
149 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
simce9 wrote:

Yes you can. but they will install it for you too if you want along with any cutouts that you might need
Jan 15, 2017
50 posts
38 upvotes
anybody know if its normal for acrylic countertops to be so close in price to quartz and granite? I need the acrylic because I need to have a sliding counter in place of a drawer and the quartz and granite seem too heavy for this sort of thing but was shocked at the price of it
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5905 posts
2018 upvotes
Toronto
simce9 wrote:

counter top?? no man that is something they come and measure for you and usually install.