Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

IKEA Kitchen Sale is Back July 10 to August 14!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 12:53 am
Apr 24, 2013
271 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Greign wrote: Yea I found Ikea's countertop prices to be higher but more normal I guess compared to other places like Home depot. You could try googling or using kijiji for cheaper options. I was looking at some other places and the prices was better and selection way better as well but like some nicer looks the price goes up accordingly.

I picked up some of the cheap laminate tops Ikea sells to use for now till I order the granite top I want.
I looked at Home Depot and it is definitely not cheaper than IKEA.
Keep in mind that Home Depot does the pricing per square foot where IKEA does it by linear foot.
When I got a quote from both, IKEA was cheaper by like $500, plus you have the convenience of knowing they will measure and install it properly.
IKEA does 3cm height and 2cm height. Make sure you are comparing the same thing when looking around.
Jan 12, 2011
325 posts
614 upvotes
As others mentioned, the website software is a pain to use, but with patience and strategy can give you the best possible layout for your kitchen. The steps I took were:

1) Take accurate measurements of your space and decide if you are redoing any drywall, flooring, how much space you want between your upper and base cabinets, space between ceiling and upper cabinets, etc. before you start planning, as it could change measurements or high/low points in your floor. Also consider under cabinet lighting, adding/moving receptacles or upgrading to 20amp receptacles, whether you want your range hood to vent or just filter etc.

2) I'd recommend visiting IKEA to decide on cabinets you'd prefer in person and even take paint swatches with you to visualize with the cabinet colour. Pick out what handles/hardware you want also to save time later as the software doesn't give you a great visual on these pieces.

3) Take plenty of time to sit down at your computer and adapt to the software and options you have. I think I went through 3 or 4 layouts before deciding on the one that was most practical and effective for the space I had. Investing time in this stage is crucial; it ultimately determines the kitchen you will end up with.

4) Once you're happy your plan, have a large vehicle and/or trailer, go FIRST THING in the morning to ikea and head directly to the kitchen department. Flag down an associate and have them check your plan over at a computer with you. This will save you tons of time to get right to it. They will then print a material list and send it to the warehouse, pick your hardware out and then head down to pay. Once you pay they assemble your order. Depending on your kitchen size this could take a bit, but if it's first thing in the morning you shouldn't have to wait too long. We went and ate lunch at this point. Once ready, they will have you count the boxes to ensure its correct and you and whoever you're with will load up the million boxes. Bring things like chunks of cardboard, ratchet straps, bungee cords to ensure your load is secure.

When installing your hang rails for the cabinets, I strongly suggest keeping in mind that the height of the toe kick is only like 4-5" (I can't remember off the top of my head) so ensure you don't place your base cabinets too high up or you will have space above your toe kick which unfortunately happened to us. The instructions have two different heights for base cabinets and we chose the wrong one apparently... I'm taller so we went with the taller measurement. Also make sure when installing toe kick that you place the sweep to the floor. When I made my register cutout I accidentally marked with it upside down and cut before realizing. No big deal but just bugs me.

I wish I had someone to tell me all of this before we went as it would've been a lot smoother. We were a 2.5 hour drive from the IKEA we purchased from. Overall, we are happy with our kitchen. We wanted a simple, modern look and I think we accomplished that. Check the images below to see what we did. Excuse the old relic water cooler we had at the time... we had only just moved in! The kitchen table is also from ikea and matches the cabinets. We have been very pleased with the quality of everything we have bought there. Two small children have yet to afflict and damage on it. Best of luck to everyone with their new kitchens!
Images
  • IMG_6711.PNG
  • IMG_6712.PNG
  • IMG_6713.PNG
  • IMG_6714.PNG
  • IMG_6715.PNG
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
How are the prices of appliances compared to CAS. I'm closing on a new build April 2018, can I pre-order now? Am I too early? +1 to the crappy kitchen planner tool.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
jeeva86 wrote: How are the prices of appliances compared to CAS. I'm closing on a new build April 2018, can I pre-order now? Am I too early? +1 to the crappy kitchen planner tool.
I don't think you can pre-order anything at Ikea. You have to pick up on the same day you buy, or schedule a delivery on whatever date there is service available.
Jan 17, 2017
435 posts
864 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: How are the prices of appliances compared to CAS. I'm closing on a new build April 2018, can I pre-order now? Am I too early? +1 to the crappy kitchen planner tool.
There are kitchen events around October, December, March and July every year.
Dec 2, 2014
562 posts
679 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the detailed explanation!!! Will need to save this for future
Jul 18, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
London
It's too early now for 2018, but you can definitely order before April and ask for a price adjustment after the fact. With a family card, you have 90 days to price adjust if any 'events' pop up after you pay.

I, for one, like the kitchen planner. It's a tad finicky at times, but worked well overall. Here's a tip: use the middle scroller to zoom, hold the scroll button to pan around, and hold the right click to change the viewing angle in the 3D view.

Oh, and I was told that their kitchen items can run out of stock unexpectedly, as you can imagine. Order early if you can. I put my order for a full kitchen a few weeks ago and am still waiting for a couple of cabinet doors.
Jan 15, 2017
424 posts
498 upvotes
Do custom counters apply for the discount also? If they do, and you order them, how long do you have until you have to get the counters installed? For example if I buy the cabinets and custom counters but don't want the counters installed for 6 months is that ok?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Here is a link to a great article in Consumer Reports called "Are Ikea appliances a good deal?"
If you want to see the detailed ratings for appliances, including Ikea's, at that legendary product testing website you have to subscribe, or you can access it through most libraries, I get it through Toronto Public Library for free.

On the basis of Consumer Report's info, I just bought an LG fridge instead of Ikea's, Ikea fridges are overpriced and not energy-efficient. Still, the 5-year warranty is attractive. I've got one of their dishwashers, they're pretty good value I think, especially on sale. I'm building another kitchen and buying three other appliances from them though, next week, during the sale, so I'll get the 20% off. Some of their stoves offer great value.
Apr 24, 2013
271 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
tomadams wrote: Do custom counters apply for the discount also? If they do, and you order them, how long do you have until you have to get the counters installed? For example if I buy the cabinets and custom counters but don't want the counters installed for 6 months is that ok?
I asked about this and could not get a definite answer.
Most like they will not be included as the countertops are sourced by an affiliate of Ikea and not through Ikea directly.
We will have to wait until the actual sale to find out for sure.

Once you order it, they wait until the cabinets are ready to have them installed. Then they set up an appointment to come measure and another to install.
6 months seems like it is pushing it, but don't see why they wouldn't honour it
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
Well crap. Im using the ikea kitchen cabinets for a laundry room which is being done tomorrow so i had to buy my cabinets.

Does Ikea price adjust? I just bought my stuff yesterday!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
Word of warning: During these kitchen events, the kitchen dept is extremely busy. Best time to go is first thing in the morning and know the quickest way to the kitchen dept. Some Ikea's open their restaurant a half hour before the store, so it might be possible to get a head start.

We did our kitchen a couple of years and ago and have no complaints. Best tip I can give is to make sure you have a large area ( other than the kitchen) to store/assemble/work in.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Mod_Master wrote: Well crap. Im using the ikea kitchen cabinets for a laundry room which is being done tomorrow so i had to buy my cabinets.
Does Ikea price adjust? I just bought my stuff yesterday!
Yes, it's possible to do a price adjust. Take you receipt directly to Customer Service / Returns. You have 30 days (or 90 if you have a Family card).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
pleebent wrote: I asked about this and could not get a definite answer.
Most like they will not be included as the countertops are sourced by an affiliate of Ikea and not through Ikea directly.
We will have to wait until the actual sale to find out for sure.

Once you order it, they wait until the cabinets are ready to have them installed. Then they set up an appointment to come measure and another to install.
6 months seems like it is pushing it, but don't see why they wouldn't honour it
what does custom counters mean? i thought quartz countertop would be included? going in on tuesday to look at the colors
Nov 6, 2011
194 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
ciuvak wrote: Yes, it's possible to do a price adjust. Take you receipt directly to Customer Service / Returns. You have 30 days (or 90 if you have a Family card).
So anyone who knows, please confirm. If I go this week and order a kitchen with 3 x "LUFTIG Vented extractor fan" units I should be able to claim the 20% gift card next week. I am in the middle of the project so it is important for me to get the cabinets ASAP.
Also those fans are now on sale for $45 Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
ChaosR wrote: So anyone who knows, please confirm. If I go this week and order a kitchen with 3 x "LUFTIG Vented extractor fan" units I should be able to claim the 20% gift card next week. I am in the middle of the project so it is important for me to get the cabinets ASAP.
Also those fans are now on sale for $45 Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I already wrote earlier in the thread. Two years ago, I bought a new full kitchen at Ikea, but didn't want any of their appliances, so I added three Luftig fans and got 20% back in gift cards from the total of the whole invoice. Then sold the fans on kijiji. It worked then, so there is a chance it works this year, too.
Aug 14, 2013
75 posts
37 upvotes
brock666 wrote: I wish I had someone to tell me all of this before we went as it would've been a lot smoother. We were a 2.5 hour drive from the IKEA we purchased from. Overall, we are happy with our kitchen. We wanted a simple, modern look and I think we accomplished that. Check the images below to see what we did. Excuse the old relic water cooler we had at the time... we had only just moved in! The kitchen table is also from ikea and matches the cabinets. We have been very pleased with the quality of everything we have bought there. Two small children have yet to afflict and damage on it. Best of luck to everyone with their new kitchens!
Thanks for posting your experience. Quick question about the open shelves in both corners - are those standard IKEA cabinet pieces? If so, which piece do you find it under their design tool? Thanks in advance.

Also, more generally, does anyone know if IKEA sells backsplash tiles?
Apr 24, 2013
271 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: what does custom counters mean? i thought quartz countertop would be included? going in on tuesday to look at the colors
I'm hoping the quartz counters are included in the sale. The agent at the store didn't know but said they might not be included since they are sources out
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4282 posts
2281 upvotes
BC
Does Ikea have any skinny pull out pantry type slide/roll out cabinet for that smaller space most people have beside the fridge?
Apr 24, 2013
271 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Great News!! The Kitchen event is now Live!! from July 10th to August 14!