Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

Kitchen Event - Get $200 back in GCs for every $1,000 spent - ends Nov 3rd

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2014 10:21 am
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA

[IKEA] Kitchen Event - Get $200 back in GCs for every $1,000 spent - ends Nov 3rd

Good time to buy if you were thinking about it.

Was there yesterday and priced out a new kitchen, only $3,200 for the cabinets. We didn't want to spend $15,000+ on upgrading the kitchen, but for three grand ( and now we'd get $600 in GCs too) we might just do the Ikea thing.

I'm not a big lover of Ikea, due mainly to seeing their free-standing stuff fall apart over the years. But how are their kitchens? They seem pretty solid.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
41 replies
Mar 24, 2011
67 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
Just helped a friend put together her Ikea cabinets yesterday as I was contemplating getting them as well - overall verdict : I wouldn't get EVERYTHING but some things seem decent. The drawers, handles, soft-close all seem pretty good. The cabinet material itself though, seemed a little flimsy - i suppose they're good enough but the laminate veneer chips when you drill holes for the handles or nail in the flimsy cardboard back piece. I guess I've not actually priced out non-Ikea cabinets but I think Home Depot has them for comparable prices. As well, I though i heard that Ikea does have a solid wood option which may not be bad though I have no personal experience with that line. the 20% back does sweeten the deal immensely though.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
JWL wrote: OP, might be clearer if you just said it like IKEA does: $200 GC for every $1,000 spent.
Lol, I meant to write that but was thinking % at the same time and wrote 20%. I'll change it.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
Interesting... Anyone know how their quartz countertop prices compare to outside sources? Essentially 20% back doesn't sound too bad...
Deal Addict
May 26, 2009
1433 posts
375 upvotes
Solid deal, thx op. Great for a Reno project.
Dec 5, 2011
146 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
*****.. I bought like 5000 kitchen 2 weeks ago.
Sent from internet using my computer....
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kanasta wrote: *****.. I bought like 5000 kitchen 2 weeks ago.
Since you are under the 45 day return limit you can just go back and get the gift cards. I did this when the free gift card with purchase of PAX closet event was on.
Aug 23, 2010
399 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
When I did my kitchen last year I shopped everywhere and nothing could beat Ikea prices. I was apprehensive since in my mind Ikea stuff is nice and good but breaks apart after a while.

I am so glad I went ahead with ikea. Great products, good price and cool rebates. If I have to renovate another kitchen it'll be ikea for sure.

And no it doesn't compare with premade home Depot kitchens
it's way better
Just my 2 cents =)
Apr 20, 2009
224 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
Ikea announced that the new kitchen system (Sektion) will be released in February. Sektion will not be backwards compatible with the current Faktum system, so plan your purchases accordingly.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
mtlsg wrote: Ikea announced that the new kitchen system (Sektion) will be released in February. Sektion will not be backwards compatible with the current Faktum system, so plan your purchases accordingly.
Thanks for the warning ;)

I had no idea what you were saying when I read your post, so I searched around and found out. I'm not a fan.
Check out the offerings in the UK with the new system, called 'Metod' in Europe. Yuck.
http://onlinecatalogue.ikea.com/GB/en/R ... hen_Metod/
Apr 20, 2009
224 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
Hugh Jass wrote: Thanks for the warning ;)

I had no idea what you were saying when I read your post, so I searched around and found out. I'm not a fan.
Check out the offerings in the UK with the new system, called 'Metod' in Europe. Yuck.
http://onlinecatalogue.ikea.com/GB/en/R ... hen_Metod/
Sorry about that! I've been planning my kitchen remodel for a while now so I think I speak a different language now.

Faktum is the current Ikea kitchen cabinet system that's been in use for the decade or two. By system I mean the cabinets, drawers, doors and other hardware. One of the advantages of the system is that if you ever felt the need to update the style of your kitchen, you could just buy a new set of doors from IKEA and completely refresh the look.

The new Sektion system is apparently more customizable. More size options, number of drawers, interior arrangement, etc. It also has. New mounting system for the base cabinets that will make it easier to install.

Sektion will have new door styles and keep some of the old ones as well (so you should be able to recreate the look of the current system if you want).

The new Sektion doors and hardware will NOT be compatible with existing cabinets.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
mtlsg wrote: Faktum is the current Ikea kitchen cabinet system that's been in use for the decade or two. By system I mean the cabinets, drawers, doors and other hardware. One of the advantages of the system is that if you ever felt the need to update the style of your kitchen, you could just buy a new set of doors from IKEA and completely refresh the look.
Never knew that. Food for thought.

Have you decided anything?
Aug 23, 2010
399 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
Good info. So can we expect more discounts on the current faktum system soon ? =)
Jan 9, 2011
411 posts
45 upvotes
Anybody know if we purchased a kitchen a month so if they'll honour this promo?
Jun 12, 2010
695 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
To add on to this promo, they have a BTGO (buy two get one) free on appliances. The appliances have to be at reg price though
Dec 5, 2011
146 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
Ok then, first a note to the OP, if you ever pass by Montreal I'll gladly pay you couple of beers!

To make long story short I've said that if they wont give me the promo, I'll bring them all the cabinets,75% assembled, on the trailer and just buy new ones with the promo.Now I have $1000 to spend at ikea.
Dec 5, 2011
146 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
mike229 wrote: To add on to this promo, they have a BTGO (buy two get one) free on appliances. The appliances have to be at reg price though
Sadly the fridges start at 2000 dollars exept for 2 30'' unequipped.
If someone needs an ikea fridge with $200 rebate from me around montreal let me know, I need a stove and microwave
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1147 posts
389 upvotes
Kitchener
Finishing my kitchen installation (they had similar promo two months ago).

I LOVE IKEA kitchen. It's easy to install - top has suspension rail, so you can slide wall cabinets into exact position.
Bottoms are square boxes on plastic adjustable legs, not like shtuff from HD (where your side walls are your legs). So in case of big spill you'll need to replace toe kick only.

And don't forget 25 year warranty on ALL parts, including hinges and slides.

I got one with solid wood doors - Adel medium brown. Beautiful. But white quartz countertop ordered from local guys - walls are never flat and cornets never square, so specialized shops come first to do template of YOUR kitchen walls.

Highly recommend IKEA kitchen to everybody. I was afraid of installation but it was easier than I thought. Lots of info.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)