• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 6:22 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes

Ikea return policy

Does Ikea accept opened and used items?

i bought this product and just on the first day the black material started to come off from the surface and i'm worried that i have ingested those black particles with my food. I have used it and want to return it. I think the item was defected. Will they exchange me with a new one or not?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2534 posts
1551 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Jinkogee wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 2:05 am
Does Ikea accept opened and used items?
What did you find out when you looked at the Ikea return policy?
i bought this product and just on the first day the black material started to come off from the surface and i'm worried that i have ingested those black particles with my food. I have used it and want to return it. I think the item was defected.

Ooh...that's not good. You don't indicate what the product is, so if it's something that's intended to have food in it, I guess it's likely not intended for black material to come off with your food.
Will they exchange me with a new one or not?
It depends on the item and what they determine to be the issue (defective or not, for example). The Ikea return policy will reveal all, when you read it. It's readily available on their website. It's also on their receipt, but I guess for now, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) since one for a purchase I made yesterday has their older, shorter policy summarised there.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Oct 26, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
So i went there and they gave me a gift card. Happy!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10144 posts
1097 upvotes
Brampton
Ikea canada said you now have 365 days to return something back.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.