Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

IKEA Wacky Wednesday (Vaughan) $9.99 EMMABO Rocking Chair $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2009 8:46 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 9, 2007
793 posts
267 upvotes
Markham

[IKEA] IKEA Wacky Wednesday (Vaughan) $9.99 EMMABO Rocking Chair $39.99

I lost in gamble but to be nice losers just had to buy the winner an item priced under 10, first thing that came to mind was IKEA haha! wonder why... anyway, this seems to be a decent and interesting deal anyways. Great for those who just moved and want some affordable modern furniture.

[IMG]http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/img/local_ ... 39x246.gif[/IMG]

March 11, Vaughan Ikea
14 replies
Jun 28, 2005
835 posts
15 upvotes
Gta
i tried sitting in that... there's a horizontal bar that will cause some discomfort to your back below your shoulders
$10 is still good buy though
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
the chair looks pretty cool...lol

thanks op
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Having just spent 3 hours repairing a drawer chest in my kids' room that I bought from Ikea 2 years ago, I'd STRONGLY advise against any "wood" furniture purchases from this company. I remember when I bought the chest a friend of mine had warned me that Ikea uses mostly particle board and it's stuff won't last. "Particle board," I thought, "What's that? Some type of wood?"

Now I know. :( This flimsy material looks like wood on the top surface, but it is basically glorified, thick cardboard. It tears, rips and chips at the drop of a hat, and can't stand the tough grind of pre-schoolers. :cheesygri :cheesygri

Ikea furniture aint meant to last, and I should have instead spent a couple of hundred dollars more for something sturdy. I'm sure, I'll eventually have to throw this stuff out in next couple of years.
Jan 3, 2003
440 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver Island
[QUOTE]seems to be a nice chair! thanks op [/QUOTE]

IMHO it's not worth it even at $9.99. We bought one and it's akward and uncomfortable. We'll probably end up free-cycling it.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1325 posts
1288 upvotes
aliikram wrote: Having just spent 3 hours repairing a drawer chest in my kids' room that I bought from Ikea 2 years ago, I'd STRONGLY advise against any "wood" furniture purchases from this company. I remember when I bought the chest a friend of mine had warned me that Ikea uses mostly particle board and it's stuff won't last. "Particle board," I thought, "What's that? Some type of wood?"

Now I know. :( This flimsy material looks like wood on the top surface, but it is basically glorified, thick cardboard. It tears, rips and chips at the drop of a hat, and can't stand the tough grind of pre-schoolers. :cheesygri :cheesygri

Ikea furniture aint meant to last, and I should have instead spent a couple of hundred dollars more for something sturdy. I'm sure, I'll eventually have to throw this stuff out in next couple of years.
Welcome to uh... life?

Jesus man, I don't know what to tell you. If you didn't know this already, you've got other troubles I don't even want to begin to guess at. Babies don't come from storks either and Santa Claus isn't real, btw.

Oh, and not everything IKEA sells is particle board. Much of it is, but they do sell a lot of hardwood stuff too -- you'll just find it's the more expensive stuff, as it should be.
Dec 21, 2007
15 posts
2 upvotes
Ajax
These chairs are not even worth 0.99

I bought them for my school library and had 5 different people try to put them together. The fabric is so tight that they do not assemble properly.

Maybe there is a trick we didn't notice, but I wish I had that 4 hours of my life back!
Banned
Jul 3, 2008
607 posts
2 upvotes
Recoil wrote: Welcome to uh... life?

Jesus man, I don't know what to tell you. If you didn't know this already, you've got other troubles I don't even want to begin to guess at. Babies don't come from storks either and Santa Claus isn't real, btw.

Oh, and not everything IKEA sells is particle board. Much of it is, but they do sell a lot of hardwood stuff too -- you'll just find it's the more expensive stuff, as it should be.
+1! I read the original post and I was at a total loss for words.

"Particle board," I thought, "What's that? Some type of wood?" That hurt my brain to read.
Nov 22, 2007
349 posts
aliikram wrote: Having just spent 3 hours repairing a drawer chest in my kids' room that I bought from Ikea 2 years ago, I'd STRONGLY advise against any "wood" furniture purchases from this company. I remember when I bought the chest a friend of mine had warned me that Ikea uses mostly particle board and it's stuff won't last. "Particle board," I thought, "What's that? Some type of wood?"

2 years + next couple of years.... isn't that already quite good lifespan under tough grind of pre-schoolers? or it was expected to last till the end of the universe?
Recoil wrote: Welcome to uh... life?

+1. btw, i think even hardwood won't last forever either :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for all the unsolicited life lessons folks! :!: :!: Next time, focus on what help someone is trying to share with you on RFD, rather than picking apart their tales or trying to make fun of them. So I, like millions of folks out there, didn't know what particle board was in the past! To use the sarcasm of the last few posts, "Oh no, the world will now end!" :D :D

For krozet, whose brain was hurting after one of my statements, all I can say is LOL. It was INTENDED to be self-deprecating.
Jan 5, 2008
83 posts
1 upvote
Brantford
LukinX wrote: These chairs are not even worth 0.99

I bought them for my school library and had 5 different people try to put them together. The fabric is so tight that they do not assemble properly.

Maybe there is a trick we didn't notice, but I wish I had that 4 hours of my life back!
Thats what I thought too but if you look closely at the instructions u have to mount the strut bar first then everything will fit perfectly...sometimes i wish they would use words

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)