Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
15%
Expiry:
December 29, 2019
Retailer:
iLife
The A9 vacuum is going for 15% for one day, but there is also a $50 off coupon. If these double up then this will be a smoking hot deal. If not, it's still a reasonable deal:

It doesn't mop but gets good reviews for a navigating vacuum. I haven't seen it get trapped however it doesn't like the corners of super thin rugs either.

Also has a hepa-like filter on it as well. If not full hepa, it's certainly close as mine pulls up just ridiculously fine dust -- much finer than the V7S. I'm very happy with mine. Still an iLife fan due to their post-warranty support.

https://www.zdnet.com/product/ilife-a9-robot-vacuum/

2 replies
Aug 8, 2017
27 posts
8 upvotes
I have this vacuum from the last time for same price, seems hot if there's extra $50. It performs pretty well but it gets stuck half the time if you have a rug, especially if it's black or has any dark colors (it will either go on and get stuck or avoid it).
[OP]
Dec 15, 2007
55 posts
30 upvotes
Terrace
Yeah, the whole black rug problem is a really common problem with robot vacuums. I emailed iLife and suggested that they could have a calibration mode -- after all, since the A9 has a rudimentary camera in it and knows where it is in the room you would think that it could be put down on a black rug, be told "this location in the room isn't an edge so don't worry about it" or "this level of darkness isn't an edge" and they could even push it out with a firmware update. Doesn't seem like they heard me, though. If they solved that, and it wouldn't be too hard -- no harder than a "reverse virtual wall setting ie. no edges here" on the app -- then they would have an huge advantage over all the other guys.