I'll be porting my freedom mobile number to Koodo in September

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 9:08 am
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes

I'll be porting my freedom mobile number to Koodo in September

I will be porting my number from freedom to koodo on their $85 5GB plan in September.
One reason I'm switching is
because I don't want to have to meet a 50% usage requirement on freedom
mobiles network then restrict my usage while roaming. Another huge reason
Is because I don't get service in a lot of places within Edmonton and the 6
surrounding cities and I know I would have service in all these places on koodo because they run off telus towers.
The last reason I'm switching is because I realized I don't need unlimited data
especially when its throttled to the point it is, that just makes it
frustrating and not worth it. I will see what koodo offers for black Friday deals and switch my plan to one of those plans if the price is good.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2441 posts
1321 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:33 pm
I will be porting my number from freedom to koodo on their $85 5GB plan in September.
One reason I'm switching is
because I don't want to have to meet a 50% usage requirement on freedom
mobiles network then restrict my usage while roaming. Another huge reason
Is because I don't get service in a lot of places within Edmonton and the 6
surrounding cities and I know I would have service in all these places on koodo because they run off telus towers.
The last reason I'm switching is because I realized I don't need unlimited data
especially when its throttled to the point it is, that just makes it
frustrating and not worth it. I will see what koodo offers for black Friday deals and switch my plan to one of those plans if the price is good.
Too bad you missed the Public Mobile offers.... why didn't you port to Public during the last Freedom-only promo?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3817 posts
661 upvotes
Brampton ON
superfresh89 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:36 pm
Too bad you missed the Public Mobile offers.... why didn't you port to Public during the last Freedom-only promo?
He was blindfolded by freedommobile on that time.
Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:36 pm
Because I want to be with a carrier that has customer service. Public mobile doesn't have any customer service or If they do I've heard it isn't any good
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2441 posts
1321 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:45 pm
Because I want to be with a carrier that has customer service. Public mobile doesn't have any customer service or If they do I've heard it isn't any good
You'd be wrong...

The customer service is only available online via the moderators... however, they've been great and I can honestly say they've provided much better service than Rogers, Bell, Fido or even Telus themselves.

Unless you're talking about the last week of each promo period where some people had to wait a couple days before their issue was resolved, every other time I've started a ticket, a mod has been able to fix me up within an hour or so.

It's literally the best plan, price and customer service I've ever had for my cell phone.
Last edited by superfresh89 on Aug 9th, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12275 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto
Just switched my brother to public mobile. The previous account holder and I didn't everything online. It was an incredibly smooth transaction with no csr involvement required at any time.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes
Changed my mind
Virgin Mobile offers 10GB of data for $105 and they use the Bell Network, while Koodo offers 10GB of shock free data for $130. I'm seriously thinking Virgin Mobile is who I should switch to because I can get the amount of data I want for $25 cheaper and even though my data won't be paused on virgin mobile I'm quite capable of watching my usage so I'll be careful. I'm now leaning towards switching to virgin mobile instead of Koodo.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25896 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:33 pm
You're going to abandon your 7 friends on Freedom?
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:02 am
You're going to abandon your 7 friends on Freedom?
Yes I am because Its getting harder to meet the 50% usage requirement that needs to be on freedom mobiles network before I leave their coverage areas plus I don't wanna have to restrict my roaming usage. The second reason I'm switching is because I'm tired of not getting service inside a lot of buildings within Edmonton Alberta and the 6 surrounding cities that have home coverage.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25896 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:21 am
Yes I am because Its getting harder to meet the 50% usage requirement that needs to be on freedom mobiles network before I leave their coverage areas plus I don't wanna have to restrict my roaming usage. The second reason I'm switching is because I'm tired of not getting service inside a lot of buildings within Edmonton Alberta and the 6 surrounding cities that have home coverage.
I'm confused, what is this 50% usage requirement? I thought it was unlimited

Your second complaint is the reason why everyone is complaining about Freedom in the other thread, but for some odd reason, you defended them. You're like Two Face
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4280 posts
491 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Come on. People switch carriers for all kind of reasons. Changing coffee shop from Starbuck to Timmy to Second Cup to Countryside......Big deal
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25896 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
danieltoronto wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:34 am
Come on. People switch carriers for all kind of reasons. Changing coffee shop from Starbuck to Timmy to Second Cup to Countryside......Big deal
I don't drink coffee, but I've been with a Rogers since it was called Cantel. No switching. Spinning a few times, but he last time I did that was 20 years ago
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:31 am
I'm confused, what is this 50% usage requirement? I thought it was unlimited

Your second complaint is the reason why everyone is complaining about Freedom in the other thread, but for some odd reason, you defended them. You're like Two Face
Read the terms of the everywhere plans and you'll find out that 50% of your usgae needs to be on freedom mobiles network and that if you roam too much your plan will be changed to one with pay per use roaming and if you live in Edmonton Alberta or the 6 surrounding cities and go out of these areas every summer a few times then you'll understand why I'm sick of needing to meet this requirement because its getting harder to do. As far as what I've said in the past about freedom I've realized that the building Penetration issue is never gonna change because of the frequency they use and adding towers to the affected areas in Edmonton is impossible.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25896 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 3:55 pm
Read the terms of the everywhere plans and you'll find out that 50% of your usgae needs to be on freedom mobiles network and that if you roam too much your plan will be changed to one with pay per use roaming and if you live in Edmonton Alberta or the 6 surrounding cities and go out of these areas every summer a few times then you'll understand why I'm sick of needing to meet this requirement because its getting harder to do. As far as what I've said in the past about freedom I've realized that the building Penetration issue is never gonna change because of the frequency they use and adding towers to the affected areas in Edmonton is impossible.
Are you eating crow?
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
325 posts
79 upvotes
I'm actually going to wait until October 13th at the latest to switch over to either Virgin Mobile or Koodo. I have two months of service paid for in my account so I'm not gonna waste it since its non refundable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)