• Aug 31st, 2017 9:08 am
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 4:29 pm
Are you eating crow?
Have you even read the terms of the everywhere plans? Also if you don't live in Edmonton Alberta then u don't know how many areas can't get freedom coverage within the city. And most of the issues are inside buildings. As far as their own coverage they haven't expanded to anywhere else other than Edmonton, fort Saskatchewan, Sherwood park which has partial coverage,st Albert,nisku leduc and Calgary so everywhere else in Alberta your roaming they haven't expanded as much as Ontario and due to the crappy coverage inside buildings I'm not gonna stick around and wait for that to improve if it ever does.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Jan 11, 2017
20 posts
17 upvotes
Are you able to just download torrents when you're in an area that gets reception to even out the usage? Buying out a tab on a $500 phone early will suck...

Still wouldn't fix your reception issue though :facepalm:
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
JunkyardDog wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 5:45 pm
Are you able to just download torrents when you're in an area that gets reception to even out the usage? Buying out a tab on a $500 phone early will suck...

Still wouldn't fix your reception issue though :facepalm:
I am not on a tab i am on Pay before and i have two months of service in my pay before account that i need to use up before i switch carriers, I have done my best to use over 2GB of data before i roam every month but this billing cycle i have gone out of the city twice in the same bill cycle which has made my roaming usage start to come close to the home usage so i am gonna switch to either Koodo or Virgin Mobile and port my number over before my 2nd bill cycle ends on October 15th, i will switch over by October 13th at the latest
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2167 posts
353 upvotes
Montreal
if you do go with Koodo, make sure you get a referal for that money!
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1392 posts
370 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
marc_t wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:31 pm
if you do go with Koodo, make sure you get a referal for that money!
But when you compare the rate plans, Koodo's probably not the best option for OP.

@Gee yes it's a drastic change, but one less Freedom Mobile fanboy on RFD is a good thing.

@BrandonA586 congrats on seeing the light and finding liberty outside of Freedom Mobile!
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:51 pm
But when you compare the rate plans, Koodo's probably not the best option for OP.

@Gee yes it's a drastic change, but one less Freedom Mobile fanboy on RFD is a good thing.

@BrandonA586 congrats on seeing the light and finding liberty outside of Freedom Mobile!
I need to be able to use my phone everywhere within the city and inside buildings that's why I'm going back to a bigger carrier and I'm most likely gonna choose virgin mobile because I get more data for less. Yes its a drastic change but I'm tired of the horrible building penetrating that turns my phone into a brick. I'll get as much data as I can and if I can Get virgin mobiles 10gb for $105 provided they still offer it then I'll go for it. If not 8gb is good enough for me too since I have that on freedom now that I've cancelled the $10 3gb data add on but I also use WiFi at anytime I can so i don't need unlimited throttled useless data and bad coverage
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1392 posts
370 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:44 pm
I need to be able to use my phone everywhere within the city and inside buildings that's why I'm going back to a bigger carrier and I'm most likely gonna choose virgin mobile because I get more data for less. Yes its a drastic change but I'm tired of the horrible building penetrating that turns my phone into a brick. I'll get as much data as I can and if I can Get virgin mobiles 10gb for $105 provided they still offer it then I'll go for it. If not 8gb is good enough for me too since I have that on freedom now that I've cancelled the $10 3gb data add on but I also use WiFi at anytime I can so i don't need unlimited throttled useless data and bad coverage
Agreed that Virgin generally drives a good deal.

The $105 for 10 GB data is affordable, given that paying under $100 per month with Rogers/Bell/Telus usually only lands you under 4 GB in Rest of Canada.
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3911 posts
1283 upvotes
BC
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 3:55 pm
Read the terms of the everywhere plans and you'll find out that 50% of your usgae needs to be on freedom mobiles network and that if you roam too much your plan will be changed to one with pay per use roaming and if you live in Edmonton Alberta or the 6 surrounding cities and go out of these areas every summer a few times then you'll understand why I'm sick of needing to meet this requirement because its getting harder to do. As far as what I've said in the past about freedom I've realized that the building Penetration issue is never gonna change because of the frequency they use and adding towers to the affected areas in Edmonton is impossible.
Freedom will be adding 700 Mhz in Alberta this year if you're on an LTE plan. Has Freedom complained about your usage? If not, just keep on using it without worrying about the 50% requirement. You can worry about it when the time comes and they contact you.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3911 posts
1283 upvotes
BC
BrandonA586 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:33 pm
I will be porting my number from freedom to koodo on their $85 5GB plan in September.
One reason I'm switching is
because I don't want to have to meet a 50% usage requirement on freedom
mobiles network then restrict my usage while roaming. Another huge reason
Is because I don't get service in a lot of places within Edmonton and the 6
surrounding cities
and I know I would have service in all these places on koodo because they run off telus towers.
July 2017:
BrandonA586 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:28 pm
I have been with freedom since August 15,2014 in Edmonton Alberta and the 6 surrounding cities and I have never ever had any problems! Their new hardware that they have can handle all the customers it was the old aging hardware that couldn't handle the customers. Their LTE is awesome and far more consistent than the big3.

titaniumtux wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 11:37 pm
@BrandonA586 I am speechless. You went from raving how Freedom Mobile is the best and everyone should switch to Freedom Mobile, to it being the best option for you, to it not working for you and you're going back to the big three. Did your RFD account get hacked?

I think Brandon has been abducted by aliens and replaced with this imposter, on behalf of the Big 3. It's an elaborate scheme to switch long-time Freedom customers over to Robellus, by having self-proclaimed "loyal Freedom customers" publicly announce that they're porting out from Freedom. Perhaps Brandon is actually a Big 3 artificial intelligence bot? Face With Tears Of Joy
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Addict
May 8, 2009
1392 posts
370 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
dealseaker101 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 2:51 am
Freedom will be adding 700 Mhz in Alberta this year if you're on an LTE plan. Has Freedom complained about your usage? If not, just keep on using it without worrying about the 50% requirement. You can worry about it when the time comes and they contact you.
Agreed. Until the carrier makes a big deal about it, I wouldn't worry about making sure 50% usage happens on home network. I can see the annoyance of tracking data usage on home vs. roaming, but wouldn't the throttling after 1GB data on roaming make that next to impossible unless you're rarely in the home network?
dealseaker101 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:06 am
July 2017: Thank you for quoting the fanboy vs. convert posts :D
I think Brandon has been abducted by aliens and replaced with this imposter, on behalf of the Big 3. It's an elaborate scheme to switch long-time Freedom customers over to Robellus, by having self-proclaimed "loyal Freedom customers" publicly announce that they're porting out from Freedom. Perhaps Brandon is actually a Big 3 artificial intelligence bot? Face With Tears Of Joy
What do I know, whatever it is, it's providing entertainment to the RFD forum.
May 17, 2008
99 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Someone has took over his account. Or he lost his job at Wind because he did a very poor job of promoting this company on this forum.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
I have been a Virgin Mobile Customer since August 14,2017 and i am paying $105.44 for unlimited canada wide calling,unlimited global texting, unlimited canada and usa MMS and 10GB of Data.
Hopefully our prices get lowered and data caps disappear with the help of this petition that Openmedia is running for people to share their experiences on how high cell phone prices have impacted you negitively. Sign it using this link>https://openmedia.org/en/its-time-lower-your-cell-bill