• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2017 1:48 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26994 posts
6428 upvotes
GTHA
Here's how Canadian taxpayers and private agencies help asylum seekers
From food and a blanket at the border to social assistance, legal help and job training

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4023251
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4676 posts
2343 upvotes
And now the Mexicans are coming... Trudeau keep them coming! *rolls eyes*
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
189 upvotes
Stouffville
I am actually happy that the Mexicans are coming over to Canada now. Most of them are polite hard working individuals who keep their mouth shut, unless they have something nice to say. It's a welcomed change. I can find some good workers now to do renovations, the illegal asian company I was using did a terrible job last time with some final touches.

Let's not forget that Mexicans came about from when the Spanish invaded North America and took over the Natives. They're technically half native & own more of this land than anyone else.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4718 posts
433 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 1:09 am
And now the Mexicans are coming... Trudeau keep them coming! *rolls eyes*
Wait till the weather is nicer. Oh well taxpayers will pick up the tab for the huge welcome to Canada mat that our idiot PM laid out
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Mar 14, 2017
41 posts
9 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 6:43 pm
As if it wasn't bad enough before. Now we have evidence that it's a coordinated strategy to flood Canada with illegal immigrants from ISIS's older brother. I don't know why people want to welcome border jumpers that are okay with literally crucifying people as punishment for defying their religion.
What are you even talking about? I live in Toronto right beside a mosque by moderately poor muslim people, and honestly they just want to live and give their children a good education.
Never once have I seen any Toronto muslims/muslim immigrants in Toronto crucifying anybody.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7141 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
rb wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 8:36 am
Wait till the weather is nicer. Oh well taxpayers will pick up the tab for the huge welcome to Canada mat that our idiot PM laid out
While I am not a Tredeau fan, I don't think he is really to blame for this loop hole. The Safe Third Country Act which the pedestrian crossers are exploiting dates back to 2002.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4718 posts
433 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 1:32 pm
While I am not a Tredeau fan, I don't think he is really to blame for this loop hole. The Safe Third Country Act which the pedestrian crossers are exploiting dates back to 2002.
No but he made the headlines when he said iirc Canada would still welcome refugees and be open to the world if the USA did close itself off.

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca ... l-ban/amp/
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26994 posts
6428 upvotes
GTHA
Canada refugee claims spike in first two months of 2017
http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticN ... S04V-OCADN
By Anna Mehler Paperny

TORONTO (Reuters) - A spike in refugee claims for the first two months of 2017 put Canada on track for the highest number since at least 2011. A fifth of those claimants were caught crossing the border illegally.

Growing numbers of asylum-seekers are coming to Canada in the wake of the election of U.S. President Donald Trump, who has pledged to crack down on refugees and undocumented immigrants.

Canada's federal government has taken heat from opponents on both the left and right for its wait-and-see approach to the influx. A Reuters/Ipsos poll found almost half of Canadians want people who entered the country illegally to be deported.

Statistics released by the government on Monday evening show 5,520 people made refugee claims in Canada in January and February.

If the pace of asylum-seekers keeps up, it will mean upwards of 33,000 refugee claims filed in Canada this year - almost 40 percent higher than 2016.

Despite the images of individuals hauling babies and belongings across the snowy border, only 20 percent of those who have filed refugee claims in Canada so far this year - 1,134 - were intercepted by Royal Canadian Mounted Police as they crossed the border illegally.

Of those, the majority - 677 - were caught crossing into Quebec, with the rest in British Columbia and Manitoba (and five in the prairie province of Saskatchewan).

(Reporting by Anna Mehler Paperny; Editing by Leslie Adler)
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2496 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
I said this before, but the refugees crisis is a numbers game in the end. We have a population of 35 million people, our neighbor down south has a population of 350 million people. We can absorb a couple thousand refugees per year safely--i'd say around 10,000-50,000 people, it won't really make a dent and in fact will probably be good for the country over all. However, things become a problem...a serious problem if hundreds of thousands of people come into our country. It will turn into a disaster for our social programs, and our diversity that we pride will turn to sht as we become the new state of nigeria/somalia/syria etc.
Aug 25, 2011
185 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thank you Trudeau for putting my family, child, and their child in debt for generations.

It's ok to accept people but we can't afford this... we're a broke nation... their gonna get Asylum off the backs of the taxpayer that already is paying up the ass

Thanks Trudeau
Jul 29, 2013
193 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Corneliuss wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:46 pm
Thank you Trudeau for putting my family, child, and their child in debt for generations.

It's ok to accept people but we can't afford this... we're a broke nation... their gonna get Asylum off the backs of the taxpayer that already is paying up the ass

Thanks Trudeau
This would have happened under Harper as well. Not sure why everyone needs to blast the current PM acting like he was waiting at the border with a "Welcome" banner. You conservatives always want to blame either a liberal PM or a minority to feel better.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6065 posts
232 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 12:37 pm
I said this before, but the refugees crisis is a numbers game in the end. We have a population of 35 million people, our neighbor down south has a population of 350 million people. We can absorb a couple thousand refugees per year safely--i'd say around 10,000-50,000 people, it won't really make a dent and in fact will probably be good for the country over all. However, things become a problem...a serious problem if hundreds of thousands of people come into our country. It will turn into a disaster for our social programs, and our diversity that we pride will turn to sht as we become the new state of nigeria/somalia/syria etc.
Alt-left?
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1553 posts
69 upvotes
Clocksmith25 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 2:06 pm
This would have happened under Harper as well. Not sure why everyone needs to blast the current PM acting like he was waiting at the border with a "Welcome" banner. You conservatives always want to blame either a liberal PM or a minority to feel better.
Is Harper in power?
No.
This is on Justin to get under control.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16751 posts
1799 upvotes
Montreal
Kaz wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 3:54 pm
Is Harper in power?
No.
This is on Justin to get under control.
You do realize that this country had laws and treaties that it must abide by? A Pm can't unilaterally set border or immigration policy to suit the whims of the plebeian mob. As I explained elsewhere, turning back people directly would require changing several conventions and laws. Do we really want to overreact to an issue that by it's very nature will be limited in time? Even the article cited above stated that 80% of claimants entered legally.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
2831 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Clocksmith25 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 2:06 pm
You planning on justifying that answer? Are you suggesting that Harper would have openly welcomed more asylum seekers after Trumps election or thathe would have removed the visa requirement on mexico? doubt it.