Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: I'm being bullied. How do I get a post deleted?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2017 6:36 pm
Tags:
Nov 11, 2013
50 posts
3 upvotes

I'm being bullied. How do I get a post deleted?

Hello,
I absolutely understand this is the internet and that some people will attack others simply because they can.

I recently asked a question in the credit card forum and some people started using my disability as a reason to personally attack me, not knowing a thing about me.
This make me very uncomfortable and it's making my experience on RFD a very unpleasant one.

I asked for the thread to be deleted explaining why, but it wasn't deleted. It was left there. And people kept commenting on my health problems and the way I handle my financial situation using my health issues as a reason.

I would like to understand why this hasn't been taken care of and deleted.

I woke up today, read a comment someone left and I started crying. And yet, my thread is still there despite the personal attacks that is unrelated to my question.

How do I make sure this will stop and that my question can be deleted?

Thank you
15 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
I've removed the thread. If you need anything else let me know.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
trust me dear, don't take the internet too seriously. Many people are just pure animals. Its their problem, not yours.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12573 upvotes
Markham
nasa25 wrote: trust me dear, don't take the internet too seriously. Many people are just pure animals. Its their problem, not yours.
Sure. But that's doesn't mean we should tolerate online bully
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Not having read the thread or been able to offer 'the other side' (there's always two sides), assuming it was truly just some idiots misbehaving & no mods happening across it to take action - I think this is a great example of perhaps the need to get some oversight team in place just for this purpose?

Are mods trained in what to do in certain cases? What tolerance levels are for teasing. We say bullying, but we flame each other and beef frequently. As long as it doesn't get out of control nobody says anything. Perhaps there's a zero tolerance for certain subjects? Mocking peoples religions/disabilities/personal circumstances. It's quite a broad range of possible 'Hands-Off' circumstances.

Perhaps the Rules needs to be revised?

Did @NadiaJackie only post in that thread asking for it to be deleted, or did she pm a mod/click report post? If so, I want to know why did TomRFD eventually delete it (assumingly, after reading this thread) but the mod that reviewed any possible report - not do anything?. That's not cool.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
bubble.tea wrote: If so, I want to know why did TomRFD eventually delete it (assumingly, after reading this thread) but the mod that reviewed any possible report - not do anything?. That's not cool.
If someone wants their thread deleted we'll usually go ahead and delete it for them. If it's become a community asset (eg. a hot deal, a useful review thread, etc.) then we'll delete the OP's post(s) but the thread would remain in tact otherwise.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: If someone wants their thread deleted we'll usually go ahead and delete it for them. If it's become a community asset (eg. a hot deal, a useful review thread, etc.) then we'll delete the OP's post(s) but the thread would remain in tact otherwise.
what happens in the case where one member engages in unsubstantiated personal attacks on another member? the attacks are reported, yet the offending attack post(s) remain up for months and there is no post deletion/ warning/ infraction. would it be then be hypocritical for the offended member to receive an infraction for attacking back?

as for op, sorry you had to go through that. some members on here are scum.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You let TOMRFD know about it.
ShoNuff2 wrote: what happens in the case where one member engages in unsubstantiated personal attacks on another member? the attacks are reported, yet the offending attack post(s) remain up for months and there is no post deletion/ warning/ infraction. would it be then be hypocritical for the offended member to receive an infraction for attacking back?

as for op, sorry you had to go through that. some members on here are scum.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: You let TOMRFD know about it.
he knows
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You'll be taken care of. He's like the Dad of RFD.
ShoNuff2 wrote: he knows

Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: You'll be taken care of. He's like the Dad of RFD.
yes, that's what i hear. i've asked dad for help a few times on this matter.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
OP, sorry to hear it took so long. Generally, as a veteran member, my experience with RFD staff is very good and they are very quick to help. There is (usually) always someone around, within hours at most.

You should be able to go back and edit your comments (or essentially delete them) but of course if someone has quoted you, they remain within the body of their message.
If you were the original poster, you can delete the entire thread, no questions asked (of course, hot deals are different).
When all of that doesn't work, you can ask for the posts to be deleted / cleaned up, as you have (and justified by the sounds of it). Again, apologies for it taking so long, must have been missed quite frankly. Long weekend, everyone left? lol

Hope you still find enjoyment on the site, even in that section. There's a lot of great users and great posts, not to mention you'll probably save a lot of money (or spend more money, even though you're saving).
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Op hasn't been seen since Last seen Jul 14, 2016 12:36 AM.....

Doubt she/he is coming back.
DaVibe wrote: OP, sorry to hear it took so long. Generally, as a veteran member, my experience with RFD staff is very good and they are very quick to help. There is (usually) always someone around, within hours at most.

You should be able to go back and edit your comments (or essentially delete them) but of course if someone has quoted you, they remain within the body of their message.
If you were the original poster, you can delete the entire thread, no questions asked (of course, hot deals are different).
When all of that doesn't work, you can ask for the posts to be deleted / cleaned up, as you have (and justified by the sounds of it). Again, apologies for it taking so long, must have been missed quite frankly. Long weekend, everyone left? lol

Hope you still find enjoyment on the site, even in that section. There's a lot of great users and great posts, not to mention you'll probably save a lot of money (or spend more money, even though you're saving).

Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12018 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Op hasn't been seen since Last seen Jul 14, 2016 12:36 AM.....

Doubt she/he is coming back.
What are you talking about? This thread was started in May of this year.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Gee wrote: What are you talking about? This thread was started in May of this year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)