Shopping Discussion

I'm a CSM at Walmart, I'll (try) to answer your questions!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2013 3:52 pm
[OP]
Jan 7, 2012
247 posts
23 upvotes
6ix

I'm a CSM at Walmart, I'll (try) to answer your questions!

Actually been meaning to post this for a while, so I finally got around to it. I won't post my store location, but i'll try to get as in depth as I can if you guys ever have any questions, regarding anything! Ask away
210 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9964 posts
1835 upvotes
Oakville
First reply to longazz thread

:razz:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 12, 2005
365 posts
45 upvotes
Guelph
Why do Wal-Mart cashiers push the Wal-Mart Mastercard so hard? I think it's annoying.
[OP]
Jan 7, 2012
247 posts
23 upvotes
6ix
Hugh Jass wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:30 pm
First reply to longazz thread

:razz:
Lol i'm at least expecting some complaints. if it turns into a longazz thread even better lol. I always see people post about Walmart on RFD so why not.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1429 upvotes
Pickering
xbiggz wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:23 pm
Actually been meaning to post this for a while, so I finally got around to it. I won't post my store location, but i'll try to get as in depth as I can if you guys ever have any questions, regarding anything! Ask away
[OP]
Jan 7, 2012
247 posts
23 upvotes
6ix
sears_sucks wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:33 pm
Why do Wal-Mart cashiers push the Wal-Mart Mastercard so hard? I think it's annoying.
It actually does get annoying, even for me. The reason they push it so hard is because management is up there butts about it. Although my store has got less serious about it, I still do see it at a lot of other stores. Also, the cashiers are actually given incentives for it. Each cashier gets $4 added to each paycheck for every application, and sometimes we hold monthly or weekly challenges for the cashiers, for example who ever gets the most for that time frame gets a gift card, or something similar. But from a customers perspective, I know it's annoying but remember that it's management that you should be pissed at! Hope that answers your question :)
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1429 upvotes
Pickering
sears_sucks wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:33 pm
I never get asked. You must dress pretty baller...

Dec 23, 2012
25 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
OK here you go. 3 Qs.
What is the return period on an unopened PS3? And what is it if I have opened it? What happens if I have opened it and have opened the accompanying game but now want to return the whole thing?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
I've always wanted to start one of these threads for Walmart too. I didn't do it because I doubt I would be able to keep up with all the activity one of these threads would generate as RFD *loves* Walmart. :)

While I wasn't a CSM, I had been with the company for almost a decade (throughout high-school and undergrad) before I quit for my post-graduate studies. I had been in a variety of positions (all low level) within a store from the salesfloor to the front end (most recently at Customer Service).

Can't wait to see the firestorm this generates. ;)

EDIT: Hope the OP doesn't mind if I chime in from time to time since I have a little time now. Once school starts again, I'll disappear. :)
[OP]
Jan 7, 2012
247 posts
23 upvotes
6ix
coolguy007 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:42 pm
OK here you go. 3 Qs.
What is the return period on an unopened PS3? And what is it if I have opened it? What happens if I have opened it and have opened the accompanying game but now want to return the whole thing?
Return policy for all video game consoles open/unopen is 30 days. And as for your open game, honestly it all depends on your luck. Certain managers/CSMs have no problem doing it as it becomes useless to you, others follow the policy tightly. If that were to happen, try asking for an exchange of the same game for a different console. Hope that helps!

P.S: Shoulda stated this.. a PS3 would be strictly with receipt only, just to clarify.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
coolguy007 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:42 pm
OK here you go. 3 Qs.
While every store does have its little nuances and variations of the return policy, when I dealt with game consoles, it was always 30 days. It is fine if it's open, even the accompanying games (a pretty big exception), but we'll check the hardware out to make sure nothing fishy is going on. The receipt is a must or there is very slim chance (I'd say zero chance, but nothing is ever impossible in retail) of success.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1745 posts
437 upvotes
Is there a lot of fraud happening at Walmart? Etc. People returning items bought from somewhere else (without receipt).
[OP]
Jan 7, 2012
247 posts
23 upvotes
6ix
enhanced wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:47 pm
I've always wanted to start one of these threads for Walmart too. I didn't do it because I doubt I would be able to keep up with all the activity one of these threads would generate as RFD *loves* Walmart. :)

While I wasn't a CSM, I had been with the company for almost a decade (throughout high-school and undergrad) before I quit for my post-graduate studies. I had been in a variety of positions (all low level) within a store from the salesfloor to the front end (most recently at Customer Service).

Can't wait to see the firestorm this generates. ;)

EDIT: Hope the OP doesn't mind if I chime in from time to time since I have a little time now. Once school starts again, I'll disappear. :)
I actually don't mind at all! It's always good to have a second input :P
YippoHippo wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 8:58 pm
Is there a lot of fraud happening at Walmart? Etc. People returning items bought from somewhere else (without receipt).
Yeah this is the biggest reason as to why were trying to make the return policy strictly with receipt only. Especially when a lot of stores have clearance items, (and me being an RFDer) it's actually really easy to spot the customers doing this. Word of advice to everybody, don't try returning things worth over $50 without a receipt! Chances are you won't even get a store credit for it. We've actually only been doing exchange for the exact same thing for anything over $50 with no receipt.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
21442 posts
1505 upvotes
Aurora
A while back, I purchased a BlackBerry PlayBook at Walmart for $149.99 and a week later Walmart had their anniversary sale and reduced the price to $118. Fortunately, I didn't have time to open the Playbook I purchased the week before.

I took it back to Walmart and I just wanted to return the unit and buy back the EXACT SAME UNIT at the lower price.

They accepted the return, clearly the box was not open. But they refused to sell me the unit back.

Is that idotic? Could they not have given me a price guarantee. Anything? I ended up walking out with no PlayBook.

Why is this dumb policy in place? They had no inventory and refused to sell me my original unit
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2250 posts
427 upvotes
^^You've been had. You're supposed to be under "30 day whatever price protection" thingy.

I bet you 5bux the employee's keeping it for him/herself....
× < >