Automotive

I'm going for my G2 (I have my G1) road test I need tips !

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2011 8:41 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3251 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough

I'm going for my G2 (I have my G1) road test I need tips !

Can anyone give me tips and hints to pass my G1 to G2 road test on Monday? I really need to get my G2 badly and I'm scared I might fail over stubid little things, and I gave away my book thinking I wouldn't need it anymore.

Thanks Alot !!
24 replies
Nov 27, 2006
16 posts
you have to do a park between two cars on the side street / emergency brake and release .... watch 4 your speeds on the entrance / exit ramp on the hwy... And dont be afraid to go over the speed limit on the highway /// you have to stay at the same pace as the cars... other than that, if its safe 2 do 100 then do so.
always be looking in the mirrors like you did in the g1 road test. expect to do the highway 2 times(on and off , on and off ) / and 2 lane changes each way..

I failed this test because i pulled in front of a van going 140 , i didnt judge his speed and caused him to slow down and change lanes and going 30 in those ramps seems like slow motion ..... anyways /// i got burned though some bad info and my license expired and i have to go though the grad program... lost the M license 2// :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: / /// Any ho ... thats the run in niagara

good luck ,, drive safe, predict the traffic movement and dont talegate !!! :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3251 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough
alexjr8888 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2007 8:08 pm
you have to do a park between two cars on the side street / emergency brake and release .... watch 4 your speeds on the entrance / exit ramp on the hwy... And dont be afraid to go over the speed limit on the highway /// you have to stay at the same pace as the cars... other than that, if its safe 2 do 100 then do so.
always be looking in the mirrors like you did in the g1 road test. expect to do the highway 2 times(on and off , on and off ) / and 2 lane changes each way..

I failed this test because i pulled in front of a van going 140 , i didnt judge his speed and caused him to slow down and change lanes and going 30 in those ramps seems like slow motion ..... anyways /// i got burned though some bad info and my license expired and i have to go though the grad program... lost the M license 2// :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: / /// Any ho ... thats the run in niagara

good luck ,, drive safe, predict the traffic movement and dont talegate !!! :)
This is only for my G1 road test.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2006
1133 posts
Scottie wrote:
Jan 26th, 2007 8:14 pm
This is only for my G1 road test.
Then why is the title "I'm going for my G2 (I have my G1) road test I need tips !"?
Feb 23, 2004
851 posts
100 upvotes
ian1386 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2007 8:20 pm
Then why is the title "I'm going for my G2 (I have my G1) road test I need tips !"?
The G2 test is also called the G1 exit test.
Nov 27, 2006
16 posts
then i would have to remove the highway part, of my earlier entry and add the 3 point turn / signal when pulling out of parking spot... If there is no white line at stop sign... stop at sign... keep it on 50 / watch school zones. dont forget the parking brake on the imaginary hill and the wheel position ..
that should wrap up both road tests ///
if you want to take it to the MAX you can also go to the testing centre and wait 4 the mto people come out with the clip board ... and follow them !!! lol .. learn the routes /// they usally have 2 routes for each road test...(slightly different)... :)
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4154 posts
154 upvotes
North York
Which center are you going to?

Heres what you might have to do:
  • Backing into parking spot
  • Driving into parking spot
  • Parallel Park
  • Back out of parking spot
  • left turn @ intersection (for sure)
  • right turn at red (for sure)
  • uphill or downhill parking (remember to turn wheel, car in park and parking brake set)
  • turns at stop sign (giving right of way)
Make sure you signal for everything, watch your speed, check all your mirrors and blindspots (make sure it is VERY VERY noticeable when you check your mirrors) and always make sure you dont hit the curb.
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?[/B] If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
29 upvotes
Tdot
thank god i don't have to get retested! :D with my 'bad driving' habits over the years ;) but don't fret if u fail that x it test, i'd say 50% fail? :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6391 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
drive and practice quite a bit before going....like if your taking lessons that good too but llike after you your done your lessons go home get a family car or friends car...and have experience driver beside you and drive....in a open area of course. ;)

g2 was easy for me cause i was well prepared and drove quite a bit before taking it :)

i wish you luck my friend!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3251 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough
Thank you all for your help, I lost my book and I am taking the test in 2 days can you explain to me about parking on hills, witch way the wheels need to be turned on a hill, and also how about a three point turn do you to turn the signals at every point.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3135 posts
283 upvotes
Parking up hill - turn wheels to the left
Parking down hill - turn wheels to the right

for a 3 point turn - signal for everything except when you're moving back

also, I'll be taking my g1 exit test in March and was wondering if someone can clarify how much space I need for backing in parking. The reason I ask is because when I'm driving my instructor's honda civic I only need 1.5 parking spaces before I start backing in but if I were to be driving my aunt's chevy malibu then I would need about 2 parking spaces. I don't know if it's because my aunt's car has bad handling or its just because of the size of the vehicle.
Feb 23, 2004
851 posts
100 upvotes
Parking on hills depends on whether or not there are curbs.

With curb:
Uphill - turn left
Downhill - turn right

Without curb:
Uphill and Downhill - turn right

Always turn the wheel so that if your car gets hit, it'll turn off the road or into the curb.
Feb 23, 2004
851 posts
100 upvotes
nx6288 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2007 7:56 pm

also, I'll be taking my g1 exit test in March and was wondering if someone can clarify how much space I need for backing in parking. The reason I ask is because when I'm driving my instructor's honda civic I only need 1.5 parking spaces before I start backing in but if I were to be driving my aunt's chevy malibu then I would need about 2 parking spaces. I don't know if it's because my aunt's car has bad handling or its just because of the size of the vehicle.
It's likely the size of the car, unless you were practicing with different parking spots. I found the parking spots at the test centre are much larger than normal parking spots, say at a mall or something. The best thing you can do is practice using the car you will be using and the parking spaces at the test centre.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3251 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough
I passed my G1 exit test today I got 62% and the lady said I have alot of bad habbits, but I've been driving for about 10 years with no licence I'm so happy.
× < >