• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2018 3:59 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
570 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Importing TXN data from Questrade into Quicken

One of the lousy thing about Questrade is you can't download account transactions.
Every month I have to manually enter many transactions to record distributions and dividends.
While this isn't that big of a deal it is error prone and a bit of a hassle.
Has anyone overcome this problem?
7 replies
Jun 27, 2007
570 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmother wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 6:29 pm
One of the lousy thing about Questrade is you can't download account transactions.
Every month I have to manually enter many transactions to record distributions and dividends.
While this isn't that big of a deal it is error prone and a bit of a hassle.
Has anyone overcome this problem?
Hi cheapmother,

You can download account transactions. To do so, login to myQuestrade and go to Accounts > Reports > Account Activity. From there you can select the activities you want a report on and Export to Excel. Hope that helps!
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
570 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Questrade wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:55 am
Hi cheapmother,

You can download account transactions. To do so, login to myQuestrade and go to Accounts > Reports > Account Activity. From there you can select the activities you want a report on and Export to Excel. Hope that helps!
OK, so you can then import into Quicken 2014 from an Excel spreadsheet?
Jun 27, 2007
570 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmother wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 10:56 pm
OK, so you can then import into Quicken 2014 from an Excel spreadsheet?
Hi cheapmother,

Once it’s in an Excel spreadsheet, you can do whatever you like with it.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
570 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Questrade wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 9:14 am
Hi cheapmother,

Once it’s in an Excel spreadsheet, you can do whatever you like with it.
OK Thanks.
So what is the process to import the transactions into Quicken 2014 - the topic of my post.
If you can only export to Excel it doesn't solve my issue.
Oct 14, 2006
194 posts
13 upvotes
Same thing for me. I'm not using Quicken, but I use StockMarketEye (SME) and I have to import manually my transactions every month. SME can import OFX/QFX/QIF/CSV files, but not Excel files. I could convert Excel into CSV and write a program that would format the CSV in the right format recognized by SME, but I didn't that yet. I understand that OFX/QFX/QIF files are known standard and would not need any converting on my side to work.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2007
570 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Is there anyway yet to download transactions from Questrade so they can be imported into Quicken 2018?
Jul 8, 2017
83 posts
58 upvotes
Questrade does offer Trade Confirmations in the CSV file format. Trade Confirmations only include buys and sells.