• Mar 20th, 2016 9:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1272 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
redblack wrote: Awd is overrated, save your money in initial purchase costs and extra fuel costs. Buy a set of winters and drive sensibly and you'll be fine.
I hate FWD. Even with good tires, your wheels slips when driving in wet conditions. full time AWD or RWD for me. Plus, it's more fun that way.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1469 upvotes
Pickering
So if you are scared to ever own the lesser system then don't buy a car. Every generation is improved upon the last. You're telling me that you want the best available from Subaru, but their worst AWD ever is better than none. I laugh when folks bash this one vs that one because they all work better than two wheel peel, viscous coupled or not. Just enjoy the car. I'm, NOT going to include the CRV in the "better than nothing" camp...
Aug 16, 2011
884 posts
751 upvotes
NORTH YORK
AudiDude wrote: So if you are scared to ever own the lesser system then don't buy a car. Every generation is improved upon the last. You're telling me that you want the best available from Subaru, but their worst AWD ever is better than none. I laugh when folks bash this one vs that one because they all work better than two wheel peel, viscous coupled or not. Just enjoy the car. I'm, NOT going to include the CRV in the "better than nothing" camp...
The CRV AWD is rather fine. sure its not built for winters in Alaska but it works and the rear wheels do actually kick in and they do actually work because the do spin. Kapeesh? dont read into videos of the great world wide web too much, try and do tests for yourself...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7828 posts
7698 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
redblack wrote: Awd is overrated, save your money in initial purchase costs and extra fuel costs. Buy a set of winters and drive sensibly and you'll be fine.
Hey look it took until post #9 for this nonsense to get regurgitated once again.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8646 posts
1076 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well if it makes you feel better my car has literally one of the first applications of AWD (aka Torsen with EDL) and it's pulled me through 7 Quebec winters just fine...

Jokes aside, as others have echoed, it si a different application. Subaru, like Audi, brands basically any of its AWD systems under their brands so there's literally half a dozen different systems available each of varying effectiveness depending on the conditions.
Nov 11, 2013
529 posts
460 upvotes
Calgary
If you need awd, your just a bad driver.