Cell Phones

Inbox by Gmail (Android and iOS) - yes you need invites!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2014 9:24 am
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary

Inbox by Gmail (Android and iOS) - yes you need invites!

http://www.google.com/inbox/

Inbox by Google is a brand new approach to handling your email. It is currently in beta. I have it since this afternoon and it has already replaced my gmail app.

To request an invite, send an email to inbox@google.com

Anyone else using it? What's your thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I use Inbox by Gmail on my computer?
Yes. Inbox works best if you use it everywhere you check your email. Open inbox.google.com in Chrome.

How do I add a Reminder?
Tap the red create button in the bottom right and then tap the blue Reminder icon.

Can I still use Inbox & Gmail?
Of course. All of your email is still in Gmail and always will be, but Inbox works best if you go all in.

Can I file feedback?
Yes, please. Open the menu and scroll to the bottom of your labels. Tap “Help & Feedback” and let us know what you think. If you’re interested in giving in-person feedback,sign-up to be interviewed in future user studies.

Is Inbox going to replace Gmail?
Don’t worry, Gmail isn’t going anywhere. Inbox is a new experience designed and developed alongside Gmail.

Where can I learn more?
Check out our Help Center to learn more about specific features.
105 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2838 posts
1387 upvotes
Markham, ON
I requested an invite 2 days ago, still waiting.

Ebay has some guys selling invites for hundreds of dollars. I believe one of them is a guy from Brampton.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
Oppo? Gmail was invite-only for a while when they launched in 2004. The idea isn't exactly new to Google.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
psyko514 wrote: Oppo? Gmail was invite-only for a while when they launched in 2004. The idea isn't exactly new to Google.
That's true. Let me edit the original post.

I forwarded the invite email to my other gmail account and now it works on that one too. It seems the email itself is the invite. Anyone want to give me their email address and try?

Edit. Each email contains an unique invite code and can only be used once. Once I receive more invites I will forward it on to those who already PM me or provided their email address.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1752 posts
742 upvotes
Windsor
U can try with

this email is on gmail server
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
poorwingman wrote: Please send me an invite!

https://support.google.com/inbox/answer ... quest&rd=1

Send an invite to a friend

Once you get Inbox, you'll have invites to send to your friends. Here's how to send an invite:

Open Inbox.
In the bottom right, go to the Create button .
Choose Invite to Inbox .

Yap I know, but it is not there at the moment. I will keep checking if it pops up. I checked all 3 of my phones on both iOS and Android.
Nov 29, 2008
688 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax, Ont
Checked it out briefly, it seems pretty awesome.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Would like an invite if anyone gets them thanks
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
psyko514 wrote: Gmail was invite-only for a while when they launched in 2004. The idea isn't exactly new to Google.
How else to create over-inflated hype (other than putting an apple on it :D )? Marketing genius.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can someone please PM me an invite. Anyone who's a wrestling fan.
Nov 29, 2008
688 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax, Ont
There are a few default bundles which will automatically sorts your email into, similar to what the four main tabs you have in gmail.
But you can add more custom bundles and it should learn and start sorting emails into that. It is probably something you have to give it time.

Also, I do feel there is a slight learning-curve as you have to adapt to the new way you organise and approach your emails.

I have a organised gmail inbox, so the switch is not much of a shock. But it would be nice they make everything smaller on the phone app. We have big screens :)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
requested invite...looks pretty awesome
Sep 20, 2007
121 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks neat. I'd appreciate an invite if anyone has a spare
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
How can we send invites to people? I just got my invite yesterday. Works very well, too bad there's isn't a widget for it yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1420 posts
297 upvotes
Works decent - stole lots from Mailbox
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2009
1399 posts
82 upvotes
invite pls!
"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1785 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
An invite will be awesome! Will send out invite to the RFD community when I receive one =P !
--------------------------------------
flickr

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)