Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Incipio CommandKit Smart Power Bar (Apple HomeKit) $4

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2023 11:53 pm
Dec 25, 2003
642 posts
768 upvotes
Saskatoon
ceredon wrote: I use the Eve app to do that, but that requires you to use HomeKit.

Just cut the breaker when they lose wifi. They’ll rejoin.
I only have an apple iphone 4 which I tried unsuccessfully to connect to the switch. I have the incipio command kit app on that if there is a way to extract it for backup??

I do not know about apple products, Homekit is built into the apple OS? The way I use the incipio switch is with HomeAssistant running on a raspberry pi4. The HA software handles the triggers with the HomeKit addon, it can see the switch. In the daytime it turns off the motion sensor after 10 seconds, and at night I leave it on longer since it is connected to outdoor LED trees. The motion sensor I also use to trigger my kitchen lights when it senses me walking in that area.
If you read this more than once, sorry for that.
Dec 14, 2006
267 posts
78 upvotes
Windsor, ON
It started shutting off when multiple plugs are turned on. The two 2.2 microfarad 400 V filter capacitors for rectified line voltage were worn out, causing too much ripple there. When current demand increased due to multiple relays being turned on, that ripple started affecting the low voltage DC output of the switching power supply, causing that to go low and the device to reset. The image shows the power supply section and those capacitors. They are right beside the relay for the plug closest to the WiFi light (and farthest from the cord). Maybe when that relay is turned on it heats up the capacitors more and shortens their life. Note that dangerous high voltages are present here. Also note that the negative end of these capacitors is neutral, not ground. Image
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
dreamlayers wrote: It started shutting off when multiple plugs are turned on. The two 2.2 microfarad 400 V filter capacitors for rectified line voltage were worn out, causing too much ripple there. When current demand increased due to multiple relays being turned on, that ripple started affecting the low voltage DC output of the switching power supply, causing that to go low and the device to reset. The image shows the power supply section and those capacitors. They are right beside the relay for the plug closest to the WiFi light (and farthest from the cord). Maybe when that relay is turned on it heats up the capacitors more and shortens their life. Note that dangerous high voltages are present here. Also note that the negative end of these capacitors is neutral, not ground. Image
Nice troubleshooting, did that fix the issue?

Does anyone have a way of procuring the iPhone app? Wanted to try it on an old iPhone but it was taken down from the store.

Or, if someone with a jailbroken iPhone can't back it up?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6026 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Nice troubleshooting, did that fix the issue?

Does anyone have a way of procuring the iPhone app? Wanted to try it on an old iPhone but it was taken down from the store.

Or, if someone with a jailbroken iPhone can't back it up?
How old is the iOS on this device to no longer have the Apple Home app?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
eelw11 wrote: How old is the iOS on this device to no longer have the Apple Home app?
SE, 1st gen running iOS 15.4 (I believe)
It does have Home but it didn't add it, was Home supposed to be able to add it without needing the Incipio app?
Also, can you update the switch with Home?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5187 posts
6026 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: SE, 1st gen running iOS 15.4 (I believe)
It does have Home but it didn't add it, was Home supposed to be able to add it without needing the Incipio app?
Also, can you update the switch with Home?
Yup add to your homekit. Unsure about updating though.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
eelw11 wrote: Yup add to your homekit. Unsure about updating though.
OK, the one I tried started acting weird as it would flash non stop and can't control it from physical buttons nor can I even reset it. Will swap it for another one and see.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
dreamlayers wrote: Thanks. Yes, it did fix the problem.

You do not need Apple devices to use this. The PhytrexController Android app can configure it to join your wireless network. It used to be on Google Play, but now must be downloaded elsewhere: https://m.apkpure.com/phytrexcontroller ... load/2-APK . After that you can use it with https://www.home-assistant.io/
What was the actual fix? Did you replace a part or something?

I need to see if I kept mine. I had 3 but they all became non-functional and I might have thrown them away.
Dec 14, 2006
267 posts
78 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Yes, the two 2.2µF 400V capacitors need to be replaced. They're the two dark blue horizontal cylinders near the white box (relay). They need to be unsoldered and new ones need to be soldered there. I actually only replaced one of them with a larger capacity one because that is all I had available at the moment, but that is fine, this is not critical. They are electrolytic capacitors. Note that they are polarized. One side has a lighter blue stripe, showing that is the negative side. That side must face towards the white box (relay) on both capacitors.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if this has been answered but does the dimmer switch rely on the cloud at all? I just installed it, set it up with PhytrexController (which required a cloud Phytrex account), and then added it within Home Assistant

Just wondering if I should be worried about Incipio cloud servers ever shutting down. Or the Phytrex cloud servers ever shutting down. I guess I'll need the Phytrex account if I ever have to reset and reconfigure the switch?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
I think I have a switch and a power bar if anyone wants....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + *NEW* Koodo 30GB for $25 4G LTE
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2
Mar 5, 2023
412 posts
163 upvotes
325i wrote: I think I have a switch and a power bar if anyone wants....
I'll take it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)