None
[OP]
Jul 23, 2010
51 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga

Income Tax questions

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions re: my tax return, wondering if anyone has any input.

I have claimed the caregiver amount for my mother, who is infirm so qualifies for the family caregiver amount (FCA), for the years 2014 and 2013. But for some reason CRA has declined it for year 2012. There is absolutely no change in my return regarding the caregiver amount, with FCA, but I don't understand why they would approve the claim for 2014 and 2013 but not for 2012. I have called CRA twice but the agents have had no clue about the reason for decline. Anyone has any idea what it could be?

Also, I received three T3 slips after filing my return this year so now I have to do an adjustment. I prefer to do online adjustment but not sure which lines to change for a T3 slip. My T3 slips include amounts for boxes 49, 50, 51 and 21 and on one slip it has amounts for boxes 25 and 34. Any help re: which lines to change would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1425 posts
177 upvotes
phyther wrote:
Mar 9th, 2015 10:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions re: my tax return, wondering if anyone has any input.

I have claimed the caregiver amount for my mother, who is infirm so qualifies for the family caregiver amount (FCA), for the years 2014 and 2013. But for some reason CRA has declined it for year 2012. There is absolutely no change in my return regarding the caregiver amount, with FCA, but I don't understand why they would approve the claim for 2014 and 2013 but not for 2012. I have called CRA twice but the agents have had no clue about the reason for decline. Anyone has any idea what it could be?

Also, I received three T3 slips after filing my return this year so now I have to do an adjustment. I prefer to do online adjustment but not sure which lines to change for a T3 slip. My T3 slips include amounts for boxes 49, 50, 51 and 21 and on one slip it has amounts for boxes 25 and 34. Any help re: which lines to change would be appreciated.

Thanks!
CRA has to send you a letter for the decline with a reason.
on the back of each T3 slip, it says what line to put on for each box on the slip.