Incompetent Rogers Support

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 12:08 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes

Incompetent Rogers Support

Rogers has got the most incompetent support for their internet service. They have been trying to fix my intermittent service for over a month now (turns on and off every few seconds). Constantly changing what the issue is but still haven't fixed it. Such a frustrating experience. Anyone have such an issue.
21 replies
[OP]
Feb 1, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes
Update. 1.5 months in and they still can't resolve the issue. Changing provider. What a useless company.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1507 posts
654 upvotes
London
ANRGVGK wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 5:35 pm
Update. 1.5 months in and they still can't resolve the issue. Changing provider. What a useless company.
rogers they never change. back in 2005 when they first came out with there 5/1 service. they upgraded a line card in London they didn't actually bother to test the card before the upgrade and they sold off the old one right away. so the card they put in was defective so when u would try upload anything it would max out at like 0.1 mbit. all the line stats would say everything was perfect they sent out 5 guys who would test the line and every would test out perfectly. it wasn't until they sent out one of the senor line techs who actually knew that about the faulty card that was installed. hes like ya the problems been going on for 2 months well a replacement is on back order. they don't actually bother to inform front line support or even level 2 support about it everyone just tells u everything is fine.

took them 3 months to fix this issue because they didn't bother test the new card or had they saved the old one till they knew everything worked they could have put it back but they didn't.

they don't let any of there front let support know about issues and to actually get a hold of someone high enough who knows whats going on is next to impossible. they probably closed out my ticket a dozen times saying nothing was wrong before it got bumped up high enough.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17171 posts
23694 upvotes
ONTARIO
I don't think anyone is going to disagree. They can be pretty bad.

I was recently offered $44.99 for my internet for a year, which I accepted through their website. I contacted them to see if I could get it any cheaper.
The customer service rep spent a bunch of time "looking for the best deal possible" for me and was excited to let me know that he could offer me a 12 month plan where I would pay $39.99 for the first 6 months and then $49.99 for the following 6 months.

I immediately laughed and said you can't be serious. Did they think I don't know basic math? That is a savings of exactly $0 over the $44.99 price for 12 months that I already accepted. It's literally the same exact amount.

Do people actually fall for this?
[OP]
Feb 1, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes
Yeah, I get this feeling. Everyone I speak to gives me a different reason. None of them know what they are talking about. They all point to different reason for the issue. The issue will also be fixed in the next few days every time I call. What a waste if time. Maintenance is always within 1 week of fixing the issue. Ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3126 posts
627 upvotes
Don't talk to Rogers support over the phone coz your going to get a random that has no idea what they are doing.

A few years ago i had issues with my modem, phone support was useless, told me to go exchange my defective modem. After getting a new one it worked for a day then started having the same problem.

I ended up going to Rogers community forums and found allot of people had the same problem, turns out they pushed out a bad firmware. Talked with one of the engineers that frequent the forum and he pushed out beta firmware to my modem.

Phone support probably doesn't even know what firmware is or the fact modems do get updates.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5198 posts
5746 upvotes
Have you tried the "Share a concern" feature?. Last time, I submit the form and someone from a higher level of technical support called me and the problem fixed immediately within a single phone call. If the problem still cannot get resolved, you can try to submit the problem to CCTS.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
Jul 6, 2009
487 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Same boat, getting another technician to come this Monday to see if they can fix the issue, If not i'm jumping ship.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9962 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 6:05 pm
I don't think anyone is going to disagree. They can be pretty bad.

I was recently offered $44.99 for my internet for a year, which I accepted through their website. I contacted them to see if I could get it any cheaper.
The customer service rep spent a bunch of time "looking for the best deal possible" for me and was excited to let me know that he could offer me a 12 month plan where I would pay $39.99 for the first 6 months and then $49.99 for the following 6 months.

I immediately laughed and said you can't be serious. Did they think I don't know basic math? That is a savings of exactly $0 over the $44.99 price for 12 months that I already accepted. It's literally the same exact amount.

Do people actually fall for this?
Haha that's actually pretty funny.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17171 posts
23694 upvotes
ONTARIO
XtremeModder wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:42 am
Haha that's actually pretty funny.
What's annoying is they wouldn't budge on what they could offer me at the time. Then last night I got a rep who again offered me $39.99 for 6 months (no mention of $49.99 for the other 6 months). I said 6 months is too short, can you make it 12 months? Without hassle the guy did it.

It's so annoying how every rep says something different.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9962 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:56 am
What's annoying is they wouldn't budge on what they could offer me at the time. Then last night I got a rep who again offered me $39.99 for 6 months (no mention of $49.99 for the other 6 months). I said 6 months is too short, can you make it 12 months? Without hassle the guy did it.

It's so annoying how every rep says something different.
Yea when I was looking for a cheaper rate they said they could offer me $5 off per month. I laughed and cancelled, 3 days later they came back and offered me the same plan (150u) for $45/month. I still said no, but in hindsight I somewhat wish I just took it as I am looking to move. If I get the apt that I've applied for then internet is included in the 30-40% cost of utilities so that will be fine but if not then I may have screwed myself.
Feb 27, 2010
213 posts
127 upvotes
Yea there reps are not great or consistent...I had one rep give me a 70 dollar credit for my next bill then my bill arrived and there was no credit...went back on and got another guy and he said the first guy was wrong in giving the credit in the first place...I said there is no way of this happening wanted to talk to someone else and then the rep said he’ll give me what the other rep promised me....
[OP]
Feb 1, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes
Spoke to a few neighbors, apparently the outage has been ongoing in the entire neighborhood. You'd think there would be some urgency if an entire neighborhood is affected.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3848 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
As bad as Rogers reps can be, I'll take them over a Bell rep any day.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
Unfortunately I've found that whether it's for internet, mobile phone, computer, etc., anyone with enough skills and brains to actually help you won't put up with working for Robbers, Bhell, etc.
It's the 'Black Sea Effect' - companies like this fill up only with people who can't get better jobs.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?