Incorrect amount withdrawn for automatic payment of rent

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 3:04 pm
[OP]
Jul 13, 2009
52 posts
9 upvotes

Incorrect amount withdrawn for automatic payment of rent

My rent is paid by automatic withdrawal from my bank account, as arranged by the rental company. My rent was increased this month and this new amount is shown on my online rental account/portal. Yet, the rental company only withdrew the same amount as last month. This is obviously their fault so if I don't say anything, is it too bad for them? Or will I end up having to back pay the difference whenever they notice the error? Thanks.
3 replies
May 17, 2018
32 posts
I think they have to give you either 14 or 30 days notice for a change in the price . So it may be reflected in next months rent

You could ask for a withdrawal schedule.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2676 posts
1787 upvotes
Unless there's a written agreement saying specifically that the amount they withdraw is the monthly rent, the two issues have nothing to do with each other. You have an agreement saying that you will pay the monthly rent amount at the rate they set. You have a separate agreement saying that they are authorized to withdraw money from your bank account as they see fit. It happens to be for the purpose of paying the rent, but the bank doesn't know or care, and very likely there's nothing in your rental agreement stating that the monthly withdrawal from your bank is the full and final rent amount.
Dec 16, 2017
806 posts
293 upvotes
Raincouver
newbieowner wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 9:44 pm
My rent is paid by automatic withdrawal from my bank account, as arranged by the rental company. My rent was increased this month and this new amount is shown on my online rental account/portal. Yet, the rental company only withdrew the same amount as last month. This is obviously their fault so if I don't say anything, is it too bad for them? Or will I end up having to back pay the difference whenever they notice the error? Thanks.
that's usually the downside of PAD. Once a change is made after the initial bill, you'll start seeing the difference within 2 billing cycles. Same goes for any cable company (or biller) out there.
Well you've done your best part so you can relax haha

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)