Automotive

Inexpensive brake replacement, north Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2010 8:50 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2069 posts
272 upvotes
Newmarket

Inexpensive brake replacement, north Toronto?

Hi, I am looking for a shop that will do inexpensive pads, rotors (possibly calibers) replacement in North Toronto (401/404 area would be best), or a shop between Markham and Newmarket that is open on a weekend.

Thank you.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5882 posts
104 upvotes
Homerhomer wrote:
Mar 18th, 2010 8:53 am
Hi, I am looking for a shop that will do inexpensive pads, rotors (possibly calibers) replacement in North Toronto (401/404 area would be best), or a shop between Markham and Newmarket that is open on a weekend.

Thank you.
what car is it (brand and make)?

there's a lot of websites that sells these parts and you could always diy to save the labour.

but if not, try hitting up igarage (google them for #) as they're open on the weekends and offer a great price.
images are not permitted in sigs
Feb 24, 2010
252 posts
10 upvotes
Using low quality parts in your car is not a good idea. You will need to replace the rotors and pads again within 1 year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2069 posts
272 upvotes
Newmarket
Tomy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2010 9:37 am
what car is it (brand and make)?

there's a lot of websites that sells these parts and you could always diy to save the labour.

but if not, try hitting up igarage (google them for #) as they're open on the weekends and offer a great price.
Thanks Tomy, I will give em a call.

(don't think I would trust the car if I changed the brakes myself ;-)

ps, the car is 05 dogde magnum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2069 posts
272 upvotes
Newmarket
just a friendly bump to see if anyone has other suggestions ;-)
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
25442 posts
2675 upvotes
Ottawa
You have a large heavy car. I would not be looking for cheap but good. Go to several places and get estimates. Go to the usual suspects, Speedy, Midas, even a dealer. They all do free inspections and will give you a quote. Tell them you only want pads and a brake service. Don't let them sell you new rotors because of rust, grooves or that they may warp. All rotors rust. all have grooves from the pad wearing into them and if the pedal is not pulsing, the rotors are not warped.
By the way, they are "calipers" :)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4161 posts
534 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Mar 21st, 2010 1:32 pm
You have a large heavy car. I would not be looking for cheap but good. Go to several places and get estimates. Go to the usual suspects, Speedy, Midas, even a dealer. They all do free inspections and will give you a quote. Tell them you only want pads and a brake service. Don't let them sell you new rotors because of rust, grooves or that they may warp. All rotors rust. all have grooves from the pad wearing into them and if the pedal is not pulsing, the rotors are not warped.
By the way, they are "calipers" :)
Agreed.......... brakes and tires are the two things I would definitely not cheap out on :)
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2069 posts
272 upvotes
Newmarket
Thank you, just to clarify I really wasn't asking for inexpensive product, but a good deal on decent product.

Thank you.
× < >