Food & Drink

Inexpensive food for office party? (Scar, Markham area)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 4:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8352 posts
3267 upvotes
Toronto

Inexpensive food for office party? (Scar, Markham area)

Hello, what inexpensive food options are there to feed a group of people in an office?

Can anybody think of other options? Basically looking to pig-out and be equal or cheaper vs. doing said Pizza Pizza. Cheap catering?

I was also thinking of ordering some Chinese food party tray. anyone has a specific place to suggest for bulk tray fried rice, fried noodles etc.. Thanks~
Last edited by Pochacco on Jan 9th, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
19 replies
Sep 3, 2018
194 posts
122 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Hello, what inexpensive food options are there to feed a group of people in an office?

Can anybody think of other options? Basically looking to pig-out and be equal or cheaper vs. doing said Pizza Pizza. Cheap catering?
If you are somewhat close to a Chinese food court you can order fried rice, fried noodles in bulk with bbq meats.

That is way more satisfying than pizza
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8352 posts
3267 upvotes
Toronto
lensbuyer wrote: If you are somewhat close to a Chinese food court you can order fried rice, fried noodles in bulk with bbq meats.

That is way more satisfying than pizza
any one you can you suggest?
Last edited by Pochacco on Jan 9th, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19504 posts
4651 upvotes
Thornhill
I also like ordering large trays of briyani, chili/garlic chicken, pakoras, etc. Lots of Indian and Hakka options in Scarborough to choose from!

Babu
Silver Spoon
Frederick
Lin Garden
Kim Kim
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7693 posts
1546 upvotes
Our old office used to loving ordering Chinese buns for parties in bulk.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2221 posts
1623 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Hello, what inexpensive food options are there to feed a group of people in an office?

I was also thinking of ordering some Chinese food party tray. anyone has a specific place to suggest for bulk tray fried rice, fried noodles etc.. Thanks~
Parkway kitchen for Chinese takeout tray, their fried chicken is also pretty good. They also only use white meat for chicken dishes

Located inside the plaza beside city of Richmond Hill building attached to Sheraton parkway

https://g.co/kgs/nbZjTf
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1935 posts
689 upvotes
Dragon center on Agincourt. The food court have very cheap Chinese food take out there. One meal order will last you two meals for like $7. Order fast before they shut down for good.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
May 30, 2010
827 posts
395 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Parkway kitchen for Chinese takeout tray, their fried chicken is also pretty good. They also only use white meat for chicken dishes

Located inside the plaza beside city of Richmond Hill building attached to Sheraton parkway

https://g.co/kgs/nbZjTf
I second that, good food, good prices and good portions.

To be clear, they use white chicken for their stir fry chicken dishes, and use cut up fried chicken (dark meat) for chicken dishes that call for battered chicken (kung pao, hakka chili chicken, etc) . All good tasting and good value, just setting expectations.
Last edited by my0gr81 on Jan 10th, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1935 posts
689 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: I second that, good food, good prices and good portions.
are you sure it's white meat and not meat strip off the leg and thighs etc?

Ronald Reagan
May 30, 2010
827 posts
395 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: are you sure it's white meat and not meat strip off the leg and thighs etc?
As @StatsGuy said, coupled with their sign at the counter and personal experience ordering. Dark meat from the leg or the inner thighs would be obvious and the top of the thighs can pass as white meat at first look, but the texture gives it away too. I am inclined to believe they do use white meat for the stir fry dishes.

Oh one other choice is the T&T at Warden/Steeles. Lots of choices, can also pick up their large sushi platters, for a reasonable price.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1935 posts
689 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: As @StatsGuy said, coupled with their sign at the counter and personal experience ordering. Dark meat from the leg or the inner thighs would be obvious and the top of the thighs can pass as white meat at first look, but the texture gives it away too. I am inclined to believe they do use white meat for the stir fry dishes.
if you think it's white meat then good for you but I can't tell when it's sliced thin. Actually dark meat is tasty as well and much cheaper than buying the full breast. Leg and tights are as low as $1- $2 a lbs vs $4 for white meat.

Ronald Reagan
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6026 posts
956 upvotes
Scarborough
Few large trays of chicken biryani from silverspoon.