Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
635 posts
38 upvotes

Infant Daycare in Markham

Hello,

My son will be a year old in November 2012 so I've started looking for day cares in the Markham area. I've contacted the following:

Heritage DayCare (Markham Rd/16th)
Bright Horizons (Warden/Hwy7)
Kids and Company (Woodbine/Steeles)

They are all charging between $1400 - $1900 for full-time extended hour daycare. Is this the norm? Can anyone recommend an infant daycare in Markham which has more reasonable rates and that has a good repuation?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks
Henry
43 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2691 posts
316 upvotes
Newmarket
hank755 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 2:50 pm
Hello,

My son will be a year old in November 2012 so I've started looking for day cares in the Markham area. I've contacted the following:

They are all charging between $1400 - $1900 for full-time extended hour daycare. Is this the norm? Can anyone recommend an infant daycare in Markham which has more reasonable rates and that has a good repuation?

Thanks
Henry

if you want cheaper, look into a home daycare which typically run 40-50 per day. be sure to do alot of research and check references (this should go for both centre or home daycare).
Sep 30, 2005
670 posts
48 upvotes
That is the norm in Markham for those daycares. If you are looking for something around $900/mth (homecare) I would suggest taking a look into WeeWatch. They were really good in helping find the right sitter and also very patient with us. We didn't go with them in the end 'cause we lucked out that my inlaws decided to retire!!! YAY!!
Nov 1, 2005
159 posts
8 upvotes
a fried has their kid at apple blossom, kennedy and 16, i think it's around 1200, and she seems to like it
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
635 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks for the replies so far.

Any recommendations for homecare in Markham?
May 10, 2010
56 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
hank755 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2012 8:24 am
Thanks for the replies so far.

Any recommendations for homecare in Markham?

Nothing in Markham, but I know a wonderful homecare in North York. (Leslie & Sheppard). She looked after my first son for 2 years, and my second one is starting next month. I've referred a few friends and they all were happy with her.
Apr 18, 2012
2 posts
Oakville
Hi Happy Child,

Could you please share the home care in North York that you referred to?

Thanks,
Happy Child wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 12:23 pm
Nothing in Markham, but I know a wonderful homecare in North York. (Leslie & Sheppard). She looked after my first son for 2 years, and my second one is starting next month. I've referred a few friends and they all were happy with her.
Feb 18, 2012
20 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
That's a wide range for daycare locations. Are you looking for a daycare closer to your home, or to work? We chose a daycare close to home. Less traveling for the kids, and if I'm sick/day off, I can drop the children off at daycare.

PM me if you have questions about Heritage - my kids attend there, and I think they're great. Expensive, yes...but kids are happy and learning a lot.

hank755 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 2:50 pm
Hello,

Thanks
Henry
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendation for daycare in Richmond Hill / Vaughan?
May 10, 2010
56 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
happykid wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 12:32 am
Hi Happy Child,

Could you please share the home care in North York that you referred to?

Thanks,

Please PM me if you need the info. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post her info publicly since it's a home care and her family also reside in the same number and address.
Oct 19, 2010
2 posts
SupsD wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 7:50 pm
That is the norm in Markham for those daycares. If you are looking for something around $900/mth (homecare) I would suggest taking a look into WeeWatch. They were really good in helping find the right sitter and also very patient with us. We didn't go with them in the end 'cause we lucked out that my inlaws decided to retire!!! YAY!!

DO NOT GO TO WEEWATCH!!!! I had a terrible experience with them. They're a cash-grab organization that don't really care after you pay them. I was very painful dealing with their administration side. If you want to go with homecare, I suggest you research them on your own and not go with a homecare agency.
Oct 19, 2010
2 posts
SupsD wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 7:50 pm

DO NOT GO WITH WEE WATCH!!! The administration staff all got this cash-grab mentality. For a company that deems they're family oriented, they are far from. If you do decide to go with a home daycare, I suggest you do your own research.
May 14, 2012
1 posts
MARKHAM
We are also shopping around for a daycare for our baby. So far we've been to a few and the only place we felt comfortable was at Child Ventures on Leslie St. It is very pricey though! :(

Anyone has some thoughts on Upper Canada Childcare- Ashton Meadows Child Care at 230 Calvert Rd??

Much appreciated!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3925 posts
2784 upvotes
anyone can comment on Learning jungle daycare centers? or Ivy League Montoressy school?