Infant Formula - suggestions

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 2:04 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23737 posts
1611 upvotes
Hamilton
also. we use the concentrated formula for now.
Jun 15, 2006
52 posts
1 upvote
Shaner wrote: We used Holle. Expensive, but after lots of research it was the one we were happy with
Why Holle over Hipp or other organic formulas? I'm researching organic formula for first born and can't decide. Tia!
Jul 5, 2004
22173 posts
2072 upvotes
greatphil wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 7:05 am
Why Holle over Hipp or other organic formulas? I'm researching organic formula for first born and can't decide. Tia!
Honestly, I don't remember the details of why we went with Holle vs Hipp, although I do remember comparing the two. I believe there was a question of aluminum or some other metal in Hipp that I wasn't happy with. I also think there was an issue of higher sugar in Hipp. I can't say for sure. It was a year and a half ago that I compared the two. All I know is I was happier with Holle, although i'd use Hipp over any crap sold in stores in Canada. Breast milk is best, but it didn't work out for us and we had to switch to formula.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Nov 7, 2012
631 posts
221 upvotes
TORONTO
For those of you who switched brands, did you slowly incorporate it or did you just change it up immediately?

Looking to move to the Kirkland brand. Switched to their diapers and wipes.

My 8mnth started on enfamil for 5mnths and switched to Nestle the last 3. Looking to save if possible without compromising my kids health.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13996 posts
4504 upvotes
akswun wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 9:55 pm
For those of you who switched brands, did you slowly incorporate it or did you just change it up immediately?

Looking to move to the Kirkland brand. Switched to their diapers and wipes.

My 8mnth started on enfamil for 5mnths and switched to Nestle the last 3. Looking to save if possible without compromising my kids health.
We switched several times and just did it. No problems with our son - he ate the new brands without issue. Even going from premade (in the nursing bottles) to powder there was no issue.

Every child is different, but you hear many more horror stories because that's what parents like to share. Most babies will probably be fine with switching.
Nov 7, 2012
631 posts
221 upvotes
TORONTO
TrevorK wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 10:03 pm
We switched several times and just did it. No problems with our son - he ate the new brands without issue. Even going from premade (in the nursing bottles) to powder there was no issue.

Every child is different, but you hear many more horror stories because that's what parents like to share. Most babies will probably be fine with switching.

Thanks. Will try a bottle soon and see how it goes.
Mar 7, 2011
768 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
greatphil wrote:
We are using Hipp over Holle. Just because it was easier available to us and it contains pro and pre-biotics while Holle doesn't. But both are great organic formula that we prefer over any North American/Canadian formula. Expensive but worth it.
We exclusively breastfeed our baby but top up with Hipp whenever we are out and it's not convenient to breastfeed.
May 6, 2011
33 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
where do you buy the organic formula Hipp or Holle?
Apr 4, 2012
434 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
greatphil wrote:
I was exclusively fed Holle formula back in the day, and we just needed to top up, so I just went with Holle. Obviously the formula and sources are different now, and we also used Holle's new formula lebenswert bio, which was well reviewed and our daughter tolerated it well. We also tried a box of Hipp that my mom brought back from Europe, which contained probiotics, and she enjoyed it too. In retrospect I would feel comfortable feeding our kid either one.