infant passport photo

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 2:17 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 1, 2005
270 posts
49 upvotes
I respect that this is an old thread, but any inside scoop on where to take an approved passport photo of a 16 month old around the GTA?

Costco says no. Shoppers says no. Rexall won't do it. Freelance people don't have the stamp. Blacks no longer exists. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2015
1404 posts
739 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Fallen_One wrote: I respect that this is an old thread, but any inside scoop on where to take an approved passport photo of a 16 month old around the GTA?

Costco says no. Shoppers says no. Rexall won't do it. Freelance people don't have the stamp. Blacks no longer exists. :(
I had my son's done at RCSS.
Dec 12, 2007
771 posts
112 upvotes
I used Walmart Photography with success last fall.
Dec 3, 2002
517 posts
44 upvotes
BC
We recently had our son's done at London Drugs. A ripoff at $13.xx but Costco & Walmart both said they didn't have the "equipment" to do it.
London Drugs used a baby booster seat... those like the one's from IKEA for $20. -.-
And we ended up just holding our son on our lap sideways while sitting on a stool since he got scared from the photographer getting too close...
Fallen_One wrote: I respect that this is an old thread, but any inside scoop on where to take an approved passport photo of a 16 month old around the GTA?

Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Walmart does them and guarantees they will be accepted or they'll retake the photo at any store for free. Our local one screwed up the photos which were rejected at the passport office when we did our application, was able to run over to the Walmart at the mall next door and get them retaken for free.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1176 posts
84 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
We went across the border recently with my LOs passport, he's almost 4 and got the passport just less then 3 years ago. It's pretty funny using it as an id because he looks like a little chunker in the photo and looks really skinny now. Besides the blonde hair blue eyes you wouldn't know it's him.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
We had ours done for our daughter at Central Parkway Mall (same location as Mississauga passport office). It was $15 and convenient as it was hard to find a location that would take pictures for children.

Took 3 shots and got one that worked. Much quicker than I expected.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
I know of a place in Markham. If interested, I can share.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
158 upvotes
Wood Bridge
KorruptioN wrote: You should have called another Black's.

We're able to take pictures for most babies without difficulty, it is only a few of them who will completely refuse to cooperate no matter how much the parent coaches them.

We lie the babies down on a white posterboard and stand overhead, look down with the camera and take a picture with the flash on. We take as many as we can and work with them until we get a usable picture. Seems to be a good technique for me.
Black's doesnt exist, you can try wall-mart theyre studio does babies
Jan 26, 2014
70 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
My mom and I had our Passport photos taken at yorkdale Costco in Toronto. They said they didn't take baby Passport photos. Our Passport photos looked ghastly and our skin color was awful.

The baby photo we got done in Chinatown centre and it looked 100% better. Better skin tone and lighting. My mom wanted to have it redone in Chinatown complaining that she didn't want to look like a ghoul for 10 years on her Passport.
Oct 21, 2010
67 posts
3 upvotes
Costco flat out refused. I went to a Walmart which was such a huge rip off cost $28 but I couldn't find places in Hamilton area that would take one for a 3 month old. I spoke with the manager at Burlington Costco who told me there was an "incident" a few years back therefore store policy they refuse even though passport canada allows infants in car seat
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
I had mine done at SDM and it was rejected. The woman at the passport office in Scarborough did a 1000 percent better job. My mom went to Walmart and had hers done and they do baby photos. I am 100 sure sure hers will get rejected for the same reasons mine did. I would rather go to the passport office and use an onsite service. I know people don't want to visit the office or don't have the time so if that is you, you'd better make sure the photo meets the specifications.
You must submit two (2) identical and unaltered photos with each passport application.

Your photos must be:
•Taken in person by a commercial photographer.
•50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide X 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
•Clear, sharp and in focus.
•Photos may be in colour or in black and white.
•Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
•Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
•Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera.
•Taken in front of a plain white or light-coloured background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.

•Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.

► What is an altered photo?

•Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
•Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable).
Apr 1, 2009
146 posts
33 upvotes
michiebaby wrote: I know of a place in Markham. If interested, I can share.
Hi, what's the place in Markham that can take passport photos of babies?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
voidmain wrote: Hi, what's the place in Markham that can take passport photos of babies?
Walmart Photo Center - the one Richmond Hill (Bayview/Major Mac) does.
Apr 1, 2009
146 posts
33 upvotes
coolspot wrote: Walmart Photo Center - the one Richmond Hill (Bayview/Major Mac) does.
Much obliged but that's too far for me. I found an independent photographer with a retail location at Markham/Ellesmere that takes infant photos for $12. Half the price of Walmart.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
voidmain wrote: Hi, what's the place in Markham that can take passport photos of babies?
Hello,
The place is called Express 88 inside First Markham place. It was $8. Had no issues with the photo.
Apr 4, 2010
390 posts
177 upvotes
We went to costco (Queensway - Toronto) w our 5 month old - expecting to be turned away ... but apparently since baby can sit in the shopping cart that was good enough to be able to take a passport pic. $6.99 - thanks Coscto
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Pacific Mall. There's a photo shop right by the south side exit. Really great in that my daughter was super squirmy and stressed (I tried at 2 other places). But the lady there knows what she's doing, and also really good at cropping as required.
Oct 18, 2005
442 posts
197 upvotes
Costco is hit and miss. I took my 14 months old last April to Markham and 14th Costco and they refused but the one at 404 and Elgin Mills took the pic. Best part was, it only took one attempt. Went to Passport office at Scarborough Town with no issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Went to First Markham and Express 88 was closed. It was 4:40 and their sign said closes at 5. Disappointed as we made the trek uptown.

Thankfully Sunny Photo was open and he did a wonderful job for $10.

Submitted the application yesterday without any issues with the photo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)