Automotive

Infiniti QX60 Purchase (cash purchase)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2015 12:54 pm
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
All I know is I purchased Acuras in the past 4 years, with major known issues (engine pinging), brake recall after recall, and all I had were major headaches in dealing with Acura Client Services.
Acura's dealership arrogance is the other reason I'm not going back.

I did read the reviews and all are pretty positive.

I've owned Mercedes in the past and Audi, I just don't feel it's good value for your money.

Remember this was my post and the question was about the way in which to proceed to make good approach to the dealership for a cash purchase, and not every other reason as to not buy the QX.

In a way it's a vote that I'm making with my money and it's not to support car makers that did not deliver in the past.

Specifically, Acura, Mercedes and Audi. Can't speak for the rest. BMW are too small as I really need the 3rd seats with adequate cargo room. This is the only vehicle that meets my criteria.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Kenw8g wrote: Good call on you.
l had the qx60 for 2 months now with less than 000600km. I made a bad choice and had bad experience on the purchase.
The power steering pump started whining after 000200km. you could hear it from inside the vehicle! So l brought it back to the dealer and they told me it is normal and said they all like that.....Seriously!! on all QX60....
I was pissed and brought it again after 2 weeks and the technician with a bad attitude showed me another brand new qx60 which had the same high pitch whining noise. What the hell.... Nissan s..ks $$ . Anyway, l told the dealer to order a new pump to replace it. It had been a month since then,they haven`t contacted me about the pump. Nissan needs to re-design a new pump for the cold weather. Anyone has same issue...

Also,the employees at the dealership scratched the paint during PDI and even more during the service! They don't care.. Infiniti has bad customer`s service.... do not buy this...
Kenw8g wrote: Unfortunately,it's a common issue. I was given a loaner qx60 for 10days with below 002000km while mine was in their body shop. It was whining loud too...

Can anyone here advise me if I could take legal action against Nissan about the noisy pump?

That is really eye opening. I would've personally thought that they would be built to a higher quality standard - especially on a luxury nameplate vehicle. Hope you get the problem corrected.
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, it's really difficult to get into the third row, also the cargo area is sacrificed when using the 3rd row. The QX60 has the space that our family needs and the access is quite good. I've looked at the other vehicles and it's not pleasant to try to get into the third row. In some cases we'll be taking my inlaws who are older and hauling kids to sporting events, and access must be good.

Also were not looking for high performance vehicles as it's basically a people hauler with some comfort features for some family vacation trips.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
3rd row seating is more meant for little kids, certainly not adult. Imagine a long distance trip having a full grown adult seated like in a sardine can for hours. Probably would have lost blood circulation in the lower body.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1402 posts
193 upvotes
I agree that not many fit your criteria and the 3rd row system is good. I would recommend the MDX but given your issues with Acura I understand that's not an option so maybe a minivan? There's a forum for Jx owners here so maybe worth a read

http://www.infinitijxforum.com/index.php
Mar 6, 2006
683 posts
107 upvotes
I'm just trying to let you know my concern man.

Not sure why you are feeling so offensive.

I'm in the market for one too just expressing my concern and hopefully you would think twice before spending $50k on a car that possible with design flaws.

As for price. Just go into dealer ship and try their with invoice price. They are doing $1000 if u pay cash.
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the minivan option, and my wife is not into it, the qx is her take the kids around car. I liked the odyssey and looked at it late in 2013, my wife didn't want it because the trim level with leather also included the entertainment unit, dvd players in the back etc.
Yes, I've been following the jx forum since it started and after that the qx forum. Thanks for the link.

craig187 wrote: I agree that not many fit your criteria and the 3rd row system is good. I would recommend the MDX but given your issues with Acura I understand that's not an option so maybe a minivan? There's a forum for Jx owners here so maybe worth a read

http://www.infinitijxforum.com/index.php
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
No offense meant minilarkie, I guess my frustration showed because I started the post to help increase my knowledge about what prices people were able to negotiate and in turn every response I got was how bad this vehicle is and how I should do my homework. Without any doubt I've been following the Acura Mdx, qx, rx forums for over a year, every vehicle has it's issues. I'm quite aware of the issues, recalls etc by all the manufacturers, I just didn't want this thread to become one about trashing any of the makes but improving the buying and negotiating process.

Cheers

minilarkie wrote: I'm just trying to let you know my concern man.

Not sure why you are feeling so offensive.

I'm in the market for one too just expressing my concern and hopefully you would think twice before spending $50k on a car that possible with design flaws.

As for price. Just go into dealer ship and try their with invoice price. They are doing $1000 if u pay cash.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1402 posts
193 upvotes
IVICA wrote: I tried the minivan option, and my wife is not into it, the qx is her take the kids around car. I liked the odyssey and looked at it late in 2013, my wife didn't want it because the trim level with leather also included the entertainment unit, dvd players in the back etc.
Yes, I've been following the jx forum since it started and after that the qx forum. Thanks for the link.
For the price, there isn't a contender other than this in the premium/luxury category. I ran into similar challenges in finding the perfect car for spec, make and $. Good luck with whatever your purchase. The perfect car does not exist.
Oct 14, 2012
4 posts
Toronto
IVICA wrote: To all those that contributed positively to the threads original question ie. best price and how to negotiate a good price thank you.

To minilarkie and kenw8g, thanks for hijacking the thread. Sorry for your qx60 issues but start your own post.
Sorry IVICA,didn't mean to hijack your post... Admin ,please delete my quote too.
Feb 27, 2009
870 posts
320 upvotes
NCR
I would like to know what the going OTR price paid is? Anyone wish to share? IVICA did you pull the trigger?
Just wondering how receptive dealers were for invoice + $300?
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't yet. Will probably start emailing dealers in April, hoping for a May purchase. Not much on the Canadian boards for pricing, quite a bit on the USA boards though. A few years ago when I bought the TSX, members were sharing information readily and openly. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post. Also when I purchase I'll make the full break down known.

Cheers
May 2, 2010
386 posts
257 upvotes
IVICA wrote: I haven't yet. Will probably start emailing dealers in April, hoping for a May purchase. Not much on the Canadian boards for pricing, quite a bit on the USA boards though. A few years ago when I bought the TSX, members were sharing information readily and openly. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post. Also when I purchase I'll make the full break down known.

Cheers
I'm likely buying next month too... Thanks for the thread. I'll post what kind of deal I can get.
Nov 13, 2008
72 posts
14 upvotes
Same here looking to buy one next month.

So far the best I can get is Invoice plus 2 grand.
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Hey PhatboyC. Did you get this price by visiting the dealership or by dealing with the internet purchase manager? I had a similar experience the last time we purchased a CRV. Dealers were unwilling to budge much when I was at the dealership in person. I sent an internet request, indicating that I am buying within the next month and I had several dealers willing to drop their price by $3k. In the end the price came down in total by about $3800. The process worked well, this will be my approach again.
Nov 13, 2008
72 posts
14 upvotes
In person with two dealership. I bring in my CarCost Invoice a go from there. 3k from MSRP is not so good. Unless you mean 3k below invoice?

You did an internet request via the dealership's website?
Feb 27, 2009
870 posts
320 upvotes
NCR
We ended up not going for this vehicle as I was reading too many bad reviews; plus I couldn't get past the CVT. We ended up purchasing a Highlander this past week and now waiting for build and delivery.
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
PhatboyC wrote: In person with two dealership. I bring in my CarCost Invoice a go from there. 3k from MSRP is not so good. Unless you mean 3k below invoice?

You did an internet request via the dealership's website?

Not sure what you mean 3K from MSRP (see below). The difference between MSRP and invoice is $3870. I haven't done an internet request just yet, trying to educate myself before committing.

There is a post here on redflag deals and unhaggle indicates this pricing structure.

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD 4dr
MSRP: $44,950.00
Invoice: $41,080.00

Package CP00 w/Premium Package
MSRP: $5,000.00
Invoice: $4,447.00

Package CS00 w/Premium/Driver Assistance
MSRP: $7,200.00
Invoice: $6,404.00
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
ihavenomonkeys wrote: We ended up not going for this vehicle as I was reading too many bad reviews; plus I couldn't get past the CVT. We ended up purchasing a Highlander this past week and now waiting for build and delivery.

Congratulations on your purchase!!

I thought the same about the CVT at first. After driving it a few times it really wasn't an issue anymore. Also several family members have Nissan product and have nothing but good things to say about them.

We've been a Honda/Acura family since the 80's, very loyal and in the last 5 years, Honda and Acura are nothing but PIA. I bought a new TSX 2009 and the dealer and Honda client services were crap. At the time we paid $40k for the car and the service and warranty issues were awful. If you ever have to deal with Honda or Acura good luck.
You know I compare CVT with a conventional transmission and look at the issues that Honda has had over the years (1998-2012 Accord V6, Honda Odyssey, Acura MDX), these cars were plagued with transmission problems. So all in all most cars have some issues.
I'm basically doing a protest purchase and not handing my money over to Honda or Acura.

Toyota is a descent product, although the Highlander is not of interest to my wife. We have friends that have one and they are happy with it, only major complaint (2012 Highlander I believe) is the turning radius. Their words "don't try to do a 3 point turn because it will be more like a 20 point turn).

cheers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)